Buying a new safe

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Buying a new safe

Postby walstien on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Where? What? Looking at a Fatboy JR at Lowes for some reason. It looks decent, and its $300 cheaper than Gander.

Where and what else?
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.

- Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant - Police Squad
walstien

Re: Buying a new safe

Postby Bear on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Go here. Ask for John.

http://www.safeandknifemn.net/

Some of the best safes you can find in the Twin Cities (or just outside of). They are in Rogers MN, right down the street from Cabela's and near the new Gander Mountain store.
Bear

Postby hunterfreakhd on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Little crow in hutch. usually has plenty to choose from and the best prices.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/c ... n-capacity

I bought one of these over labor day weekend for $799 on sale, nice safe even at 1k
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby bstrawse on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Bear wrote:Go here. Ask for John.

Some of the best safes you can find in the Twin Cities (or just outside of). They are in Rogers MN, right down the street from Cabela's and near the new Gander Mountain store.

Mine is from there - and a friend just bought one from them as well. Quite happy with them.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby wrench on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 am

Another vote for Safe and Knife in Rogers. They have a big selection, reasonable prices, and are pleasant to deal with.
Do yourself another favor-if you're not moving it yourself, get Ruth's Piano Movers to move it for you. No dollies or other devices, just very strong guys, they pick it up and put it where you want it. Fast, no damage, no drama.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby Cuda66 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 am

I would also recommend Little Crow in Hutch.

I bought my first safe from them, and will be buying my second from them in the near future.

Great prices, nice folks.
Cuda66

Postby sawgrass on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:46 am

bstrawse wrote:

Mine is from there - and a friend just bought one from them as well. Quite happy with them.
b

I bought mine there. Good experience, great safe.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby justinvan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 am

Cabin fever in victoria or little crow in,hutch both see a lot of my $$. My safe came from little crow.
justinvan

Postby SmoothAR on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm

sawgrass wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

b

I bought mine there. Good experience, great safe.

Another vote for John at Safe and Knife in Rogers. Good variety, decent prices and John is an all around good guy to deal with.
SmoothAR

Postby greenfarmer on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:47 am

Little crow has brand new, and they also have some that are "scratch and dent" from the factory. Very fancy and expensive scratch and dent models with very minimal cosmetic damage. I would call them or drive over. Just be prepared to spend money! For some odd reason I have a hard time going in there, and walking out empty handed! Went in the other day to buy my wife a new shotgun for deer hunting, walked out with a used Remington 1100 to carry in the combine or tractor to shoot coons this fall, that was very cheap along with a new M2 for the wife for deer hunting, and ordered the slug barrel right away for it.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby b727capt on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Another vote for John in Rogers. Great, high quaulity safe at a good price. You get what you pay for!
b727capt

Postby walstien on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 pm

I had an interesting experience. The safe recommended by the folks at the Rogers store wasn't all that great and way overpriced. Also, a lot of inconsistencies.

I called Pat at Shamrock Safes in Litchfield and that was a very interesting experience. I did some research, he told me what he had, and it was delivered into the house two days later. Better safe, much better price...

i know a lot of folks have had a good experience with Rogers - I would suggest you also call Pat at Shamrock for a second opinion if you're looking for a good safe.

(320) 693-8725
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.

- Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant - Police Squad
walstien

Postby justinvan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:15 pm

I see his sign Northwest of Litchfield all the time. I have always meant to stop in and check it out. This is the first I have heard anybody actually deal with him.
justinvan

Postby gun_fan111 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Next

Return to General Gun Chat