Incident at Bills Gun Shop

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Incident at Bills Gun Shop

Postby Ballinger on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Anybody here know what happened at Bills in Robinsdale yesterday. All I've been able to find is that there was a malfunction and the someone lost a finger tip.
If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Ballinger

Re: Incident at Bills Gun Shop

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm

That happens every so often down there, Sometimes its even more than just the tip lol.
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Grappler on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Another potential Darwin award candidate?
Grappler

Postby BemidjiDweller on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Don't know a thing about it, but sounds like a magnum revolver and a finger in the wrong place by what the OP said.
BemidjiDweller

Postby JTapper on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 am

BemidjiDweller wrote:Don't know a thing about it, but sounds like a magnum revolver and a finger in the wrong place by what the OP said.

I have a good feeling you're on the right track.
JTapper

Postby XDM45 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 am

Have I ever mentioned that I've boycotted Bill's Range because of the rent-a-boomstick crowd / irresponsible shooters / bad air quality / fully automatic firearms left loaded behind the firing line? Yeah? Well, add this one to the list too. I'll go into Bill's for their gunsmith, shop there for some things (other things like ammo and magazines I can get cheaper online), but use their range? NEVER!!
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby TH3180 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 am

Do we know what even happened? Hell for all any of us know. Some guy had bad fish tacos for lunch and slammed his hand in the crapper door trying to rid of said tacos. Chopped off a finger tip and crapped his pants all at the same time.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby shooter115 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am

TH3180 wrote:Do we know what even happened? Hell for all any of us know. Some guy had bad fish tacos for lunch and slammed his hand in the crapper door trying to rid of said tacos. Chopped off a finger tip and crapped his pants all at the same time.

No doubt.....y'all sound like the news anchors over at CNN .......lol
shooter115

Postby DoxaPar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

XDM45 wrote:Have I ever mentioned that I've boycotted Bill's Range because of the rent-a-boomstick crowd / irresponsible shooters / bad air quality / fully automatic firearms left loaded behind the firing line? Yeah? Well, add this one to the list too. I'll go into Bill's for their gunsmith, shop there for some things (other things like ammo and magazines I can get cheaper online), but use their range? NEVER!!

There may be some good reasons to boycott Bill's but if this was simply a finger to the side of a cylinder of a revolver I'm not sure that's boycott worthy. Painful? Yes. Dumb? No. If you don't have experience with revolvers I'm sure this wouldn't be something that 99% of people think about.

It's not even close to the same category as "don't point a firearm at someone". That's dumb. This accident just sounds like inexperience.
DoxaPar

Postby XDM45 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 am

DoxaPar wrote:
XDM45 wrote:Have I ever mentioned that I've boycotted Bill's Range because of the rent-a-boomstick crowd / irresponsible shooters / bad air quality / fully automatic firearms left loaded behind the firing line? Yeah? Well, add this one to the list too. I'll go into Bill's for their gunsmith, shop there for some things (other things like ammo and magazines I can get cheaper online), but use their range? NEVER!!

There may be some good reasons to boycott Bill's but if this was simply a finger to the side of a cylinder of a revolver I'm not sure that's boycott worthy. Painful? Yes. Dumb? No. If you don't have experience with revolvers I'm sure this wouldn't be something that 99% of people think about.

It's not even close to the same category as "don't point a firearm at someone". That's dumb. This accident just sounds like inexperience.

Well, true. If it was JUST this incident? No, not boycott worthy at all. For the record, I don't have a lot of experience with revolvers, but I know enough to watch for the pinch points. I've shot them and no one ever had to tell me to look out for the spinning cylinder or it'll take off a finger. This sounds more like FIREARM inexperience than anything else. Of course in all fairness, I've worked in a warehouse, a machine shop, etc, so I "get it" when it comes to watching out for your fingers. I also am a bit paranoid and anal when it comes to things like my hands. I won't use a table saw ever since I saw a kid in high school loop off all four fingers of his right hand. Blood and saw dust everywhere. It' was an effen mess picking them up, rinsing them off and trying to save his digits.

I guess with Bill's it's all the other things that go on there and for me, this is just one more reason to not go there. Again, if it was JUST this, no, that's not boycott worthy at all.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby FJ540 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 am

I've been shooting at Robbinsdale since 1994, and have never feared for my safety. To insinuate otherwise is a big insult to the staff RSO's, as they're very capable of dealing with anyone I've ever had concern's with.

Maybe I'm just lucky and avoid jihad night every time? I kinda doubt that - I have no luck.
Last edited by FJ540 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
FJ540

Postby DoxaPar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:02 am

Actually, your post points to why this is a matter of inexperience, not dumb-ness.

The issue isn't the "spinning cylinder" but the fact that a blast of unburnt powder and gas can escape from the gap between the chamber and the cylinder and make a "boo-boo".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBAcz16GvU
DoxaPar

spekyəˈlāSHən

Postby Makarov on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 pm

spec·u·la·tion ˌspekyəˈlāSHən noun: speculation; plural noun: speculations

1. The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I would add "wild arse" to this ;)

:idea: Just for giggles, I called Bill's in Robbinsdale.
Pressed 3 for the Range guy.
Asked if there was a recent accident where someone lost the tip of a finger?
Range guy seemed honestly confused, surprised and claimed no knowledge of any such incident.

Carry on....
Makarov

Re: spekyəˈlāSHən

Postby TH3180 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Makarov wrote:spec·u·la·tion ˌspekyəˈlāSHən noun: speculation; plural noun: speculations

1. The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I would add "wild arse" to this ;)

:idea: Just for giggles, I called Bill's in Robbinsdale.
Pressed 3 for the Range guy.
Asked if there was a recent accident where someone lost the tip of a finger?
Range guy seemed honestly confused, surprised and claimed no knowledge of any such incident.

Carry on....

See I'm telling this is what happened.

TH3180 wrote: Some guy had bad fish tacos for lunch and slammed his hand in the crapper door trying to rid of said tacos. Chopped off a finger tip and crapped his pants all at the same time.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby DoxaPar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Conspiracy for sure. I'm positive they buried the guy in the berm.

(Also, just a personal opinion here, but maybe change the thread title to a question. Or somehow indicate the uncertainty of this. I always hate seeing persons or businesses potentially hurt as a result of a poorly titled thread).
DoxaPar

Next

Return to General Gun Chat