Firing Line (Sauk Rapids)

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Firing Line (Sauk Rapids)

Postby Duff-Man on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Finally got out to the Firing Line in Sauk Rapids. Nice range, friendly staff you should check it out if you get to the St. Cloud area.

Been open for a month and I din't see any holes in the ceiling in the lane I had.
Duff-Man

Re: Firing Line (Sauk Rapids)

Postby bensdad on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Been open for a month and I din't see any holes in the ceiling in the lane I had.

Must not have had any law enforcement training there yet. Image
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby gunforhire on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm

I was there two saturdays ago. very nice staff and owners, they are very all aobut the rules of the range which is great. runs 12.50 for a half hour, and at minute 27, you better be ready to be packing it up to leave, because they will be on you like a bastard ape on a bananna. they allow you to pick up your spent brass, but I caught them sweeping it downrange any chance they got when I was there with Ninja and a couple others. didn't say anything, but i like to keep my brass that I have
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Randygmn on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 pm

gunforhire wrote:I was there two saturdays ago. very nice staff and owners, they are very all aobut the rules of the range which is great. runs 12.50 for a half hour, and at minute 27, you better be ready to be packing it up to leave, because they will be on you like a bastard ape on a bananna. they allow you to pick up your spent brass, but I caught them sweeping it downrange any chance they got when I was there with Ninja and a couple others. didn't say anything, but i like to keep my brass that I have

Are you saying its $25 an hour?!?!?!?!?
Randygmn

Postby gunforhire on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Randygmn wrote:
gunforhire wrote:I was there two saturdays ago. very nice staff and owners, they are very all aobut the rules of the range which is great. runs 12.50 for a half hour, and at minute 27, you better be ready to be packing it up to leave, because they will be on you like a bastard ape on a bananna. they allow you to pick up your spent brass, but I caught them sweeping it downrange any chance they got when I was there with Ninja and a couple others. didn't say anything, but i like to keep my brass that I have

Are you saying its $25 an hour?!?!?!?!?

No, i think the hour rate is like 21.50

I know that's what they get for sharing a lane
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

gunforhire

Postby gunforhire on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 pm

I also noticed that although they sell guns, their pricing is abot 15-20 bucks on average more than the Guns and gear store in Wate park on the same model pistols I compared

gunforhire

Postby mmcnx2 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Website only lists 1/2 hour rates so I suspect it is $25 an hour with is 25% more than anyone down here in the cities.

I'll stick with Target Sports in Rogers, my new favorite range.
mmcnx2

Postby gunforhire on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 am

mmcnx2 wrote:Website only lists 1/2 hour rates so I suspect it is $25 an hour with is 25% more than anyone down here in the cities.

I'll stick with Target Sports in Rogers, my new favorite range.

the only thing that will bring me back there is the fact that it is literally 5 minutes from my house and that the next closest indoor range is 40 minutes out. their membershoips look awful reasonable though, I just might pick one up for the wife and I

gunforhire

Postby Duff-Man on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 am

They do have a monopoly on the indoor range market in the area so that does help explain the prices. I imagine that come summer there will be some kind of discount day because they will be competing with outdoor ranges.
Duff-Man

Return to General Gun Chat