Don't Do This At Home!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Don't Do This At Home!

Postby Mellonhead on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:50 pm

You might well think that the catastrophic destruction of firearms caused by shooters leaving their cleaning rods inside their guns was a rare occurrence, but you would be wrong. It happens far to often
You mean there is more than a couple dumb ass's who have done this?
Why do it your self today, when you you can delegate it to someone else. MLLNHD 2/1/13
Mellonhead

Postby MaryB on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Darwin Award runner up...
MaryB

Re: Re: Don't Do This At Home!

Postby Steelslinger on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:05 am

JohnGageMN wrote:

I had a guy split a barrel on a BFR on the lane next to me at Armored Fire back in the day. It took every ounce of mental strength I had not to beat him unmercifully with what was left of that poor revolver.

I remember that, was working the range desk that day. Someone should have clubbed him with the remains of that gun. Clicked off 3 squibs but still kept squeezin the trigger.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Steelslinger

Re: Re: Don't Do This At Home!

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:00 am

Steelslinger wrote:
JohnGageMN wrote:

I had a guy split a barrel on a BFR on the lane next to me at Armored Fire back in the day. It took every ounce of mental strength I had not to beat him unmercifully with what was left of that poor revolver.

I remember that, was working the range desk that day. Someone should have clubbed him with the remains of that gun. Clicked off 3 squibs but still kept squeezin the trigger.
:poundon: :wack: :hammer:

If it had been me, I would have been screaming in that idiot's face and calling him every name that George at the Gopher knows all the way out the door!! There is a line between maintaining your cool and taking corrective action to make sure that you ruin some dumbf**k's day to the point that you might be saving somebody else's bacon down the line.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Did the shooter say "HEY YA'ALL!! Watch THIS!!" before they pulled thar trigga?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Was this a 45-70 BFR??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't imagine the explosion you would get shooting a 45-70 in an obstructed barrel, and it takes a hell of a lot to blow up a BFR too. Did you feel the concussion all the way down to your gut??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby JohnGageMN on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Was this a 45-70 BFR??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't imagine the explosion you would get shooting a 45-70 in an obstructed barrel, and it takes a hell of a lot to blow up a BFR too. Did you feel the concussion all the way down to your gut??

I felt it right down to my toes. Couldn't tell you what it was chambered in. All I remember is that the dumbass was shooting some real underpowered homebrews and then had one go off full blast. He's lucky he didn't kill himself, and luckier still that no one else who was there threw him a beating after.
<= Helping save stupid people from themselves since 1997.

crbutler wrote:About this time frame I began to look on Glock owners as being incestuous relatives of Lucifer.
JohnGageMN

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat