How long is your Carry permit renewal taking?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: How long is your Carry permit renewal taking?

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 am

RAGGED wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:In your case, in Hennepin County, which DOES suck, you might just as well stay bent over expect to wait 32 days because they won't mail it until the 30th day at 4:59 PM.

Bingo, has been the case with mine every time

Maybe you guys are doing it wrong. Last time I renewed (Hennepin County) I got it in under 2 weeks and my wife's 1st time app came the next day.
Holland&Holland

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 pm

johnlewjohn wrote:
What's the alternative??? Live with it and be glad you can even own a gun.

Wow, that's the problem.
Accept the status quo.

The alternative is to start carrying and be prepared to go to court over it when you get arrested for carrying without your state issued card...this is my right, not a privilege to be granted by the state.
Its similar to what's happening in CT.
You need to people to stand up for what's right not accept the status quo.

Sigh... Another n00b on the board - if you were a charter member you would know that the last person who tried that wound up charged with bail set at $100,000, which he did not have at the time, and had to depend on the kindness of others, whom he subsequently stiffed (including his lawyer..) and died impoverished. Turned out later that the only reason he probably went forward with the whole deal was that he was suffering from diabetic dementia, which is what killed him. Those of us that remember that think your talk is pretty cheap, arrogant, and incredibly naieve , and we''ll believe it when you put your ALL your own money and freedom on the line yourself to prove your point.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby eldo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 pm

floydster wrote:Sherburne county, 3 days:)
Sheriff Joel Brott is pro gun:)

Then he should reopen that palace of an indoor pistol training facility that the Sheriff has in Elk River to the public like it was originally intended when built.
eldo

Postby eldo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Five years ago when I renewed and my son originally applied, Sheriff Hutton turned the applications around in less than a week and a half. Recently this time around both of our permits took approximately three weeks.

I have a feeling that Washington County is very busy with new applications as well as first and second generation permit renewals.
eldo

Postby Randygmn on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm new to Minnesota. Thankfully I received my initial PTC from Hennepin in 7 days. But I do have a question. I recall reading the renewal can be done 90 days before the expiration date. If so, why isn't everyone sending theirs in early? What's the downside? What am I missing? Even if they take all 30 days, you're not in jeopardy of expiration.
Randygmn

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Randygmn wrote:I'm new to Minnesota. Thankfully I received my initial PTC from Hennepin in 7 days. But I do have a question. I recall reading the renewal can be done 90 days before the expiration date. If so, why isn't everyone sending theirs in early? What's the downside? What am I missing? Even if they take all 30 days, you're not in jeopardy of expiration.

You're not missing anything.
It's a part of the law that makes renewing convenient. Renew ASAP, and the expiration date of the new permit is still 5 yrs after the expiration of the old one. One more little thing that makes MN permit, in many ways a model law.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby RAGGED on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
RAGGED wrote:
Maybe you guys are doing it wrong. Last time I renewed (Hennepin County) I got it in under 2 weeks and my wife's 1st time app came the next day.

Not doing it wrong, me, my wife and three others took a class and delivered the proper forms to the Man downtown the day after the class. All 5 of us got our permits on the same day, about 2 days after the deadline . Clearly, at that time, they were sitting on them for as long as possible, will be renewing next week so we will see how it goes this time around.
RAGGED

Postby johnlewjohn on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 am

deleted
Last edited by johnlewjohn on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sledge Hammer: You've never played target practice?

Soviet Scientist: In Russia, we practice by shooting dissidents.

Sledge Hammer: Here we call them liberals.
johnlewjohn

Postby johnlewjohn on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 am

deleted
Last edited by johnlewjohn on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sledge Hammer: You've never played target practice?

Soviet Scientist: In Russia, we practice by shooting dissidents.

Sledge Hammer: Here we call them liberals.
johnlewjohn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:38 am

johnlewjohn wrote:...there has been some talk about me putting my money where my mouth is.

I am not advocating breaking the law.

All I am saying is If you have a choice to defend yourself, or not because you were waiting for your permit to arrive in the mail, what would you choose?

Sam, you resort to name calling and I am the one who is petty and cheap? That's mature.
4090 posts to your name is supposed to make you an expert, maybe you have too much free time.

Um, not to be specific, but how are you not advocating breaking the law if you are advocating carrying without a permit? Did I miss something?
Holland&Holland

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 am

johnlewjohn wrote:
What's the alternative??? Live with it and be glad you can even own a gun.

Wow, that's the problem.
Accept the status quo.

The alternative is to start carrying and be prepared to go to court over it when you get arrested for carrying without your state issued card...this is my right, not a privilege to be granted by the state.
Its similar to what's happening in CT.
You need to people to stand up for what's right not accept the status quo.

That sounds like a direct call to action to me, and it's interesting that you say "you people" instead of "WE". So I call BS that it was just a thinking point, and also that you included yourself out of the people that would be putting their butts on the line. I've seen this go down for real with videos included as did all the original members, so don't come in here preaching to us when we have seen the sum of all fears up close and personal, and some of us wound up taking collateral damage from the shrapnel of that incident. Update: The n00b has deleted his last few posts and run home to mommy. Move along folks, nothing more to see here... :roll:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Thunder71 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:56 am

Was probably one of Heather's minions and didn't get the response they were fishing for.
Thunder71

Postby Jack's My dog on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:16 pm

I know it isn't a ptc but Minneapolis had my PTP back in 4 days, I dropped it off on Tuesday and it was in the mail today. They have always been pretty quick, but this was the fastest turn around yet.
Jack's My dog

Postby loose on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 am

I just turned my renewal in Thursday, have to see how long it takes, original permit took almost a month. Doesn't surprise me though I have never been very nice to the boys in the Le Sueur county sheriff's office.
loose

Postby grimbeaver on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:27 am

Randygmn wrote:I'm new to Minnesota. Thankfully I received my initial PTC from Hennepin in 7 days. But I do have a question. I recall reading the renewal can be done 90 days before the expiration date. If so, why isn't everyone sending theirs in early? What's the downside? What am I missing? Even if they take all 30 days, you're not in jeopardy of expiration.

I have not had to renew mine yet but from what I gather the expiration date on the permit is tied to the issued date, even for renewals. So if you renew right at the start of 90 days that's 90 days of overlap. Or are renewals actually dated to expire 5 years from the original permit expiration?
grimbeaver

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat