OUTBREAK OMEGA 6 SCAM!!!!!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Josh189 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm

BE AWARE!!!! If you have purchased a Zombie Hunter level pass for Outbreak Omega 6, your "Reserved Campsite" will be in the OPEN AREA.
Whilst trying to reserve my campsite advertised and confirmed via my receipt, for the Zombie Hunter package, I was told the unfortunate news that the campsites are in the open campsite area.
See the emails I got today below.
Hi Joshua,
Campsites in Fort Ahlman were assigned as part of the Tier 1 Zombie Hunter Packages. Zombie Hunters and Run and Gun participants are assigned to the open campsite area.

Thanks for supporting the Z machine!
ZERT Skull copy <----(this was supposed to be their logo)
Clare
Joshua,
Reserved means you will have a campsite space when you show up. People who decide to show up on Friday are not guaranteed any campsite space.
Tier 1 had a "Choice of campsite" in the package. The Zombie Hunter package has a "reserved space".
So sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for supporting the Z machine!
ZERT Skull copy
Clare
Z.E.R.T. S2 Officer
Phone 1 702 767 ZERT
Fax 1 702 463 9031
zertnation.com

Her email is: clare@z-e-r-t.com if you would like clarification.
Basically, if you paid $150; you got the exact same package as the $75 dollar package(Run n Gun), but with early registration and dinner. Let me tell you that the dinner from the last Outbreak was far from worth even half of $75. In closing I just wanted to warn my fellow MNGuntalk'ers that you can save $75 without all the misleading and frankly FALSE ADVERTISING.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Re: OUTBREAK OMEGA 6 SCAM!!!!!

Postby JTapper on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Saying it's a scam might be sort of a stretch.
JTapper

Postby Josh189 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

JTapper wrote:Saying it's a scam might be sort of a stretch.

Do you think I should amend it to say FALSE ADVERTISING TO GET MORE MONEY? The extra $75 dollars (doubling the cost) is for a couple burgers and early registration? You pay it if you like. This was put here so others didn't make the same ASSUMPTION. (even with multiple confirmations and various places citing campsite reservations)

Go here and read the details portions for your self.
https://www.regonline.com/register/chec ... rtnewreg=1
Then talk to Clare. I downgraded to Run n Gun after hearing the BS coming from ZERT.
Last edited by Josh189 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby MinnMD66 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Who cares what you call it. Thanks for the info josh189.
If guns can cause crime then all of mine are defective.
MinnMD66

Postby UnaStamus on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 pm

$150 for that? That alone is a scam.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Erud on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:44 am

Is outbreak omega still the same event it was about 8 years ago when I was talked into going to it up in St. Cloud? Basically just walk around and pay for tickets to stand in line to shoot vaguely zombie-themed stages, where nobody keeps score, and there's nothing to win except randomly-drawn prizes? All the while having to look at hundreds of grown men (and as many as 2 women) walking around in zombie and/or post-apocalyptic mercenary garb?

If so, I will continue to save my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erud

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:43 am

Erud wrote:Is outbreak omega still the same event it was about 8 years ago when I was talked into going to it up in St. Cloud? Basically just walk around and pay for tickets to stand in line to shoot vaguely zombie-themed stages, where nobody keeps score, and there's nothing to win except randomly-drawn prizes? All the while having to look at hundreds of grown men (and as many as 2 women) walking around in zombie and/or post-apocalyptic mercenary garb?

:rotf: :cheers:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby mecra on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 am

Erud wrote:Is outbreak omega still the same event it was about 8 years ago when I was talked into going to it up in St. Cloud? Basically just walk around and pay for tickets to stand in line to shoot vaguely zombie-themed stages, where nobody keeps score, and there's nothing to win except randomly-drawn prizes? All the while having to look at hundreds of grown men (and as many as 2 women) walking around in zombie and/or post-apocalyptic mercenary garb?

Hey! There were booth babes as part of some firearm babe calendar two years ago! Unfortunately the girls weren't for sale. :(

But yes, the theming of Outbreak Omega is quite sad really. Granted, how much could you do with such an open door course, but it didn't feel like much effort was put into it. Having an excuse to carry my gear was quite nice though.
mecra

Postby Josh189 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 am

I had a great time at OO5, so I invited even more people this year. The camping was fun, meeting new people was awesome. The zombie movie campsite was great. The event is still a great way to shoot 3 guns in a day without the dreaded 1 second rule at most ranges. Testing out your gear is fun too. Seeing how your AR build holds up to intensive firing is good too. Plus the gun drawing and periodic prizes adds to it as well. I think the disconnect this year is that ZERT is running the campsite portion and maybe a little more. The advertisements are downright false.

I'm still going but I am getting a refund of $75 bucks back and put it towards ammo.
I hope this helps you guys in choosing a package that is right for you. Not trying to bash anybody. I still appreciate the shoot.

J.
Josh189

Postby larryahlman on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:19 pm

At the last Outbreak, nearly 100 tents were clustered in the fort area. To make it more organized, the fort area has been lotted off into 27 designated campsites. Go to this URL for picture:
http://www.ahlmans.com/OUTBREAK-Camp-Res..htm
Each of the designated sites are quite large and will accommodate 3 to 5 tents. Even more if cars are left outside of camp. It was expected that one person would reserve a site for himself and a few friends. (cluster camps) It wasn't intended that only 27 lone campers would be in the fort area. Hopefully that won't be the case.

How to beat the system: Simply locate someone you know who has purchased the higher price admission and ask him to share his campsite. Or purchase the higher price admission yourself and invite your friends to camp with you in the fort area.
larryahlman

Postby Bessy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Josh,

Here is what I recommend you do.

1. Demand a refund.

2. Take the 150, you planned on spending on omega, and shoot the three 3-gun matches we have planned at pine island this year. Each match will be 25$ leaving you 75$ left over for gas ammo and post match refreshments.

3. This way you can actually get scored... and brag to all your friends about how high drag/low speed you performance was.

4. We have no dress code... so if you want to come in a post apocalyptic trappings no one is stopping you.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

pwn3d. Best reply ever. I kept it together till the high drag low speed comment.
Mn01r6

Postby Josh189 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Bessy wrote:Josh,

3. This way you can actually get scored... and brag to all your friends about how high drag/low speed you performance was.

I guess shooting for fun should only be reserved for professionals. By your logic, unless you place in the top ten, I should just live in shame. Can't do it though. Outbreak is too much fun right now. Thanks for posting.
Josh189

Postby MnHornet on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 am

The whole idea is to group camp. We've been all packed together everytime I've been to ahlmans for a shoot.
I've met some really nice folks I'd have never met before that way.
The fort area camping may be under water this year, and more people may have to camp on higher ground in the general area.
I just hope they sprayed for bugs, skeeters love me. :(
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby Bessy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am

Josh189 wrote:
Bessy wrote:Josh,

I guess shooting for fun should only be reserved for professionals. By your logic, unless you place in the top ten, I should just live in shame. Can't do it though. Outbreak is too much fun right now. Thanks for posting.

I'm never in the top ten.. all my matches are just fun matches. Scores provide metrics, metrics let you know if you are improving.If you want to go to the comic con of shooting events zombie outbreak is right up your alley. If you want to get better shoot some actual matches No one at a 3-gun matches are under the impression they are "operators", plenty of folks at omega appear to be under that impression.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Return to General Gun Chat