Short rant re: Bill's

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Short rant re: Bill's

Postby XDM45 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:18 am

Just a reminder why you shouldn't shoot at Bill's - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=38845&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bill+s+full+auto

Look at page 1, post 1 and the photos say it all.

Of course if that's not enough, go look at the air filters and notice the state they are in. Not the cleanest air there, in my opinion. Then there's the heat, the rent-a-boomstick crowd, et al.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:50 am

XDM45 wrote:Just a reminder why you shouldn't shoot at Bill's - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=38845&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bill+s+full+auto

Of course if that's not enough, go look at the air filters and notice the state they are in. Not the cleanest air there, in my opinion. Then there's the heat, the rent-a-boomstick crowd, et al.

Or... at the end of the thread:

John has disciplined the employees involved and he said he changed the policy on how fully auto weapons are handled. I let him know right off the bat I was posting this on the forum and he has come through with a valid response to my complaint. No more arguing needed.
Thunder71

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 am

XDM45 wrote:Just a reminder why you shouldn't shoot at Bill's - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=38845&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bill+s+full+auto

If the air filters are dirty, that likely means means they are doing what they're designed to do: capture airborne particulates.
No assumptions can be made about a quick glance at a filter…
I'm not a big fan of any indoor range setting. But fair is fair.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jshuberg on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 am

Every couple years it becomes fashionable to bash Bill's because of one reason or another. Whenever that happens, the usual suspects jump back on the bandwagon and rehash their tired complaints all over again, some of which were nothing more than speculation, misunderstanding, or even a few outright fabrications. Many have been adequately addressed and corrected by management, yet the same complaints resurface whenever bashing Bill's becomes fashionable again. It's usually about the Robbinsdale location, and I believe it largely stems from people being "put off" by some of the more "urban" wanna-be types, and the long wait times, etc.

I'm not saying that some people haven't or don't have a legitimate issue from time to time, but overall they do just as well as most other places at addressing customer issues. If you don't bring an issue up though, you can't complain that they didn't do you right. With the issues involved in putting together a show like that, with employees from 3 different locations all on site, dozens of vendors and an order of magnitude more guests than a typical weekend, some things are likely to fall between the cracks. Unless you bring it to their attention, chances are they're not going to realize the issue exists.

For me it comes down to this, if a person has an issue with any organization, they should bring it up with an employee or ask to speak with a manager. If you do this and get no resolution, then you have a valid complaint and have a legitimate right to stand on a soapbox in the town square and educate the public on the issue (or start a thread in a discussion forum as the modern equivalent). However, if you didn't bring it to their attention and give them an opportunity to make it right for you, and instead took the passive-aggressive approach of jumping right to bashing them on an internet forum, you get absolutely no sympathy from me. If you bring it to their attention and get no resolution, and it's likely to happen to others as well, then please do let the rest of us know.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am

jshuberg wrote:Every couple years weeks...

ftfy.
Mn01r6

Postby Spartan on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am

John is a capitalist not mother Teresa...... if you really had a problem call and make an appointment ... he'll talk to you.....

He is a self made businessman.... and considering how busy the range is I think they do pretty well .... service at Bills is better than Gander Mt ..... bitch about them and their corporate decisions and then see if an Erickson would take your call and meet you .....

you didn't check ... and you think you were entitled to something special.... if you didn't get an email, you don't patronize the place much..... the employees should have ran out and gave you tokens to go to Bills North...... or in someway made reparations for your failure to be informed ...... ???????
Spartan

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 am

Spartan wrote: you didn't check ... and you think you were entitled to something special.... if you didn't get an email, you don't patronize the place much..... the employees should have ran out and gave you tokens to go to Bills North...... or in someway made reparations for your failure to be informed ...... ???????

Couldn't have said it better
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 pm

I pointed out this thread to John, and I'm posting this on his behalf:

Unfortunately, I noticed this issue at 9:05am on Sunday morning and immediately sent staffers out the doors to update our customers, but obviously I was too late. I completely understand your frustration and concerns and assure you all we will learn from your feedback and include better communication and staff at the doors earlier at all future shows. Although I’m not a forum member or blogger, I can always be reached directly at jmonson@billsgs.com or via the "contact us" page on the Billsgs.com website. I’m always interested in feedback from our customers.

John Monson

Owner
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby cobb on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks Joe.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby win_fcs on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:29 pm

I am not reffering to Bills as I have NEVER been there, but I agree with connsolo.
I am a Customer of many companies/ stores/industeries. I feel that Customer Service in general has gone to the dogs.
I see it in my own company where only the Big Revenue Generating Customers are King. The smaller customers are "inconsequental".
My perspective is that if you treat the "little" customer like crap, when and if they grow up to be "big" they will take their business elsewhere.
FWIW- I am a little Customer of an insurance company. I have been a Customer for 25+ years. I pay my premiums on time and RARELY make a claim.
So due to how I was treated recently, I am taking my policies for 3 cars, 2 boats and 2 houses and going elswhere.
My opinion, is that the local agent doesn't care. I am sure that he is being measured on New Revenue Generation and the existing Customers be damned.
win_fcs

Postby walstien on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:34 pm

This post should be retitled, "The biggest non-chain store in the metro area held a huge event allowing people to shoot new guns for free, talk to industry experts, and expose more shooters to groups like GOCRA and the NRA, and something happened that wasn't the way I wanted it to happen, so now I'm going to complain about it."

The next time I see a post by someone who states that a store has lost their business forever because the thing that they wanted to have happen didn't happen and they didn't tell anyone about it, giving the store the ability to make things right, and now they're gonna take their business back to the other store in Burnsville (cuz its closer to the house anywayz) and now they're gonna buy that $850 Sig for $950 from Gander (In Lakeville, cuz its closer) I'm going to start a post titled,
"People that complain on the internet without talking to a representative from the organization that they're complaining about make me sad".

Here is a short list of things that John at Bill's has to worry about -

Gun Control
Democrats
Republicans that will trade your gun rights for a vote on something else
Availability of product
Narrowing margins
The economy
Inflation
Interest rates
Licensing
Rent/taxes/maintenance/
Zoning
Liability insurance
Health insurance
Meeting payroll
Benefits
OSHA
Human Resources
Weather (Snow affected the first day of the Shooters Show)
Hazmat/Waste/Sanitation
Legal
Public Relations
Conservation (I see DNR classes in there many times per year)
BATFE/BCA coordination and compliance (For the FFL and Classes)

This is a list that just came to me off the top of my head. Do we really need to add "consolo" to that list? You had a bad experience. I'm sorry. He's sorry. We're all sorry. Let it go.

The folks that work at Bill's are a great group of people. Are they all great? No. Most of the guys that know me there are a little strange. A lot strange. But the rest of them are clean, decent folk. They have a very difficult job to do. They are tasked with keeping the range safe and fun.

John supports the NRA and GOCRA. He hosts DNR courses for kids. He has helped thousands of Minnesotans learn more about firearms through his courses and instructional classes. He has three places for folks to shoot in the Twin Cities. He has two gunsmiths that do amazing work. Bill's is the ONLY place in the Twin Cities attempting to get women involved in our sport. John has laid his ass on the line, both professionally and financially, to make sure that we have a place to enjoy our sport with others, and ensure its future by encouraging new folks to participate.

My question to folks that complain about Bills - What are you doing to enhance our sport? Is there someone out there (in this area) doing a better job than John? Frankly, I can't think of anyone, but if there is, I'd sure like to meet them.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.

- Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant - Police Squad
walstien

Short rant re: Bill's

Postby jshuberg on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 pm

For some people, the opportunity to bitch about a problem is more important than seeking resolution or having the problem solved. Funny thing is, those are often the same people that tend to have a lot of problems in their life. Go figure....
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby infidel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 am

"There is a lot of good information in this thread." -justaguy
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby farmerj on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 am

walstien wrote:This post should be retitled, "The biggest non-chain store in the metro area held a huge event allowing people to shoot new guns for free, talk to industry experts, and expose more shooters to groups like GOCRA and the NRA, and something happened that wasn't the way I wanted it to happen, so now I'm going to complain about it."

The next time I see a post by someone who states that a store has lost their business forever because the thing that they wanted to have happen didn't happen and they didn't tell anyone about it, giving the store the ability to make things right, and now they're gonna take their business back to the other store in Burnsville (cuz its closer to the house anywayz) and now they're gonna buy that $850 Sig for $950 from Gander (In Lakeville, cuz its closer) I'm going to start a post titled,
"People that complain on the internet without talking to a representative from the organization that they're complaining about make me sad".

Here is a short list of things that John at Bill's has to worry about -

Gun Control
Democrats
Republicans that will trade your gun rights for a vote on something else
Availability of product
Narrowing margins
The economy
Inflation
Interest rates
Licensing
Rent/taxes/maintenance/
Zoning
Liability insurance
Health insurance
Meeting payroll
Benefits
OSHA
Human Resources
Weather (Snow affected the first day of the Shooters Show)
Hazmat/Waste/Sanitation
Legal
Public Relations
Conservation (I see DNR classes in there many times per year)
BATFE/BCA coordination and compliance (For the FFL and Classes)

This is a list that just came to me off the top of my head. Do we really need to add "consolo" to that list? You had a bad experience. I'm sorry. He's sorry. We're all sorry. Let it go.

The folks that work at Bill's are a great group of people. Are they all great? No. Most of the guys that know me there are a little strange. A lot strange. But the rest of them are clean, decent folk. They have a very difficult job to do. They are tasked with keeping the range safe and fun.

John supports the NRA and GOCRA. He hosts DNR courses for kids. He has helped thousands of Minnesotans learn more about firearms through his courses and instructional classes. He has three places for folks to shoot in the Twin Cities. He has two gunsmiths that do amazing work. Bill's is the ONLY place in the Twin Cities attempting to get women involved in our sport. John has laid his ass on the line, both professionally and financially, to make sure that we have a place to enjoy our sport with others, and ensure its future by encouraging new folks to participate.

My question to folks that complain about Bills - What are you doing to enhance our sport? Is there someone out there (in this area) doing a better job than John? Frankly, I can't think of anyone, but if there is, I'd sure like to meet them.

Makes him nothing more than another small business owner really. The same thing any other owner has to deal with. Like he's alone.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby ttousi on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 am

cobb wrote:Thanks Joe.

and John
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat