Lakeville store: New name

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby bensdad on Mon May 12, 2014 11:27 am

Don't know if this has been posted yet or not. The Lakeville store (J&S or G&S, whatever) has been renamed Dakota Guns. Stopped by there today and was treated respectfully. Guy said it's under new ownership (or new management, I forget). Anyway, Might be worth a look. Certainly can't be any worse, and it's right there when you're at Fleet Farm already.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Re: Lakeville store: New name

Postby Ghost on Mon May 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Maybe the handful of guns I asked them to order over the last two years will show up now, although I've already purchased them all elsewhere.
Ghost

Postby justinvan on Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Interesting... like you said the customer service couldnt have gotten any worse.
justinvan

Postby Rodentman on Mon May 12, 2014 5:13 pm

I was there a week or so ago and there was a new fellow there. Perhaps Bob retired. They had (have) an interesting business model.
Rodentman

Postby Erud on Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 pm

justinvan wrote:Interesting... like you said the customer service couldnt have gotten any worse.

Unless they started hiding behind the front door and jump out to punch you in the face when you walk in.

That would be a slightly worse.
Erud

Postby LumberZach on Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 pm

I really hope it is all new management. It would be awesome if that store was worthy of walking in as it is so close to everything. I might have to go check it out.
LumberZach

Postby FJ540 on Mon May 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Man, where will I go to ask to look at a gun and only get to see the two employees fight over it now?
FJ540

Postby justinvan on Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Erud wrote:
justinvan wrote:Interesting... like you said the customer service couldnt have gotten any worse.

Unless they started hiding behind the front door and jump out to punch you in the face when you walk in.

That would be a slightly worse.

Thank you... that made my day. I needed a good laugh.
justinvan

Postby xd ED on Mon May 12, 2014 7:56 pm

I've heard so much about that place(little, if anything good), that I actually considered going there for the experience.
It appears now I've missed out on the chance.
I hope it works out.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LumberZach on Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 pm

I really hope it is all new management. It would be awesome if that store was worthy of walking in as it is so close to everything. I might have to go check it out.
LumberZach

Postby mrp on Mon May 12, 2014 10:43 pm

LumberZach wrote:I really hope it is all new management. It would be awesome if that store was worthy of walking in as it is so close to everything. I might have to go check it out.

I don't think it is all new. For what it's worth...

J & S was, as far as I can tell:
CEO/Owner: Jeff Sundvall
Owner/FFL: Robert Skrivseth
Manager: Craig Elliott
SKRIVSETH ENTERPRISES INC dba J&S Custom Guns. (SKRIVSETH ENTERPRISES is dissolved as of 4/15/2014)

Dakota Custom Guns is:
Tktkl LLC dba Dakota Custom Guns
No registered agents, but someone named Scott A. Oster signed their Cert. of assumed name.
So, it looks like at least partial new ownership.

But...
Domain Name: DAKOTACUSTOMGUNS.COM
Registrant Name: CRAIG ELLIOTT
Registrant Organization: DAKOTA CUSTOM GUNS

That's the same guy that's previously identified as the manager of J & S.
mrp

Postby SkyRock on Tue May 13, 2014 1:46 pm

I think Jeff S had no connection to the business when he moved abroad.
SkyRock

Postby Ghost on Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Erud wrote:Unless they started hiding behind the front door and jump out to punch you in the face when you walk in.

Actually I think I'd have preferred that to thinking I've had 5 guns on order since summer 2012 and never getting a call that they had any of them in. Luckily it was all no money down.
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah, I think Jeff was long gone, and Bob was the ex-NWA pilot. Craig is the long-haired gentleman. He was still there last time dropped in. He's pretty knowledgeable IMHO, and he's probably jaded by all the people who come in just wanting to hold a gun and know very little. They've treated me pretty well over the years.
Rodentman

Postby CIBOIF on Thu May 15, 2014 1:41 am

Yup, Jeff left the business years ago when Bob took over. That's when it really started to suck. Craig was actually decent to me but then a tall skinny dude fond of wrangler jeans, boots and the 10 gallon cowboy hat was always in there. Prices were crazy high and zero respect or customer service. When Bob the former pilot took over, I met him and he was quite nice. However, after that, my last 3 visits, all several years ago were severely disappointing. Craig was indifferent and cowboy dude was rude. I had purchase several guns from the store under Jeff but none after he left. My last stop in there must have been 2009ish. I soon found local FFLs like Todd Stahl in Farmington and John Synder in Savage. They have been my goto guys ever since.
It would take a heck of a lot for me to even go in there again. I have no need really with great FFL holders like Thunderjohn and Todd.
CIBOIF

Next

Return to General Gun Chat