Historical Fiction on Armslist

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Historical Fiction on Armslist

Postby photogpat on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:10 pm

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3129338/m ... -condition

Gotta hand it to him...except for the blatant falsehood, its a great story for a $200 rifle.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Re: Historical Fiction on Armslist

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Flagged. What an idiot the seller must be if he actually believes his own words.
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby photogpat on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

But...but...but...it was at Pearl Harbor AND Iwo!!!!
photogpat

Postby FJ540 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Must have a USMC (United Shoe Machinery Company) bolt in it from the reconditioning. :lol:
FJ540

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:20 am

Flagged as well. But must meet a threshold before "the community has spoken" and Armslist removes it. :(
Last edited by tenmilmag on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tenmilmag

Postby Dakotared on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am

It has been removed. What did it say? I miss all the good stuff :P
Dakotared

Postby photogpat on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:31 am

Dakotared wrote:It has been removed. What did it say? I miss all the good stuff :P

Chopped down sporterized 1917 that the seller claimed was his grandfather's "sniper" rifle. Had been on Hawaii during the Pearl Harbor attack, then on Iwo and Tarawa.

Good story...but not even remotely possibly true.
photogpat

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:44 pm

I wouldn't go that far Pat..................I happen to own a Ruger 10/22 that singlehandedly won the Spanish American War and was instrumental to clearing the Blackforest during Ol WW2.......... you can feel the history in the black synthetic stock...........brings a tear to my eye thinking about my great grandaddy raining bullets down on the Spanish from that B52 over the Indian Ocean...............sell it to you for $3,200 FIRM.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby photogpat on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I wouldn't go that far Pat..................I happen to own a Ruger 10/22 that singlehandedly won the Spanish American War and was instrumental to clearing the Blackforest during Ol WW2.......... you can feel the history in the black synthetic stock...........brings a tear to my eye thinking about my great grandaddy raining bullets down on the Spanish from that B52 over the Indian Ocean...............sell it to you for $3,200 FIRM.

Only if you're interested in my 1911 that Washington carried across the Delaware and somehow made it to the Battle of Little Bighorn...no ammo though...
photogpat

Postby MWAG on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:48 pm

I've got the Glock that fatally wounded Genghis Khan during the fall of Yinchuan for sale, only $21k
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Re:

Postby xd ED on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:40 pm

MWAG wrote:I've got the Glock that fatally wounded Genghis Khan during the fall of Yinchuan for sale, only $21k

Interested in trades? My uncle brought home the first HumVee to cross the Rhein River in '45; the Glock plus cash...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby armedwalleye on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:07 pm

There was a guy on Armslist last week with a nickel plated, pearl handled Ithaca 1911A1 that his grandad, A SARGEANT, no less, carried as his issue gun. It was as issued, nickel plated issued, because of his rank.He had it for a grand, then $1200, then a grand in one listing and $800 in another.
I was going to try to throw him $300 as an offer for a bastardized, in need of de-nickeling, reparkerizing, project gun, but really didn't want to destroy his memory of his grandad.

Buy the gun, not the story.
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 am

You mean I didn't really buy Hitler's laser range finder taken out of the bunker as a war trophy? Damn it... There went kiddo's college fund. :oops:
FJ540

Postby shotz90s on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:29 am

photogpat wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I wouldn't go that far Pat..................I happen to own a Ruger 10/22 that singlehandedly won the Spanish American War and was instrumental to clearing the Blackforest during Ol WW2.......... you can feel the history in the black synthetic stock...........brings a tear to my eye thinking about my great grandaddy raining bullets down on the Spanish from that B52 over the Indian Ocean...............sell it to you for $3,200 FIRM.

Only if you're interested in my 1911 that Washington carried across the Delaware and somehow made it to the Battle of Little Bighorn...no ammo though...

I'd be interested in the 1911. I believe that it is the sister weapon to one that I own. I have Washington's SKS. Yes, you read it correctly. His genuine SKS. From his adventures in China where the then Emperor gave it to him as reward for returning his missing daughter. But wait it gets even more historical... Ben Franklin created the first 20rd magazine for this fine piece of Chinese art. I think this weapon itself is worth no less than $197,348.28. I'm open to offers.
shotz90s

Postby Ironbear on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 am

'scuse me while I get my muck boots... gett'n a little deep in here.... :lol:
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Next

Return to General Gun Chat