Update on Precision Delta Group Buy

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Update on Precision Delta Group Buy

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:25 am

Okay, it's been 4 months since this group buy went South, and left a number of board members out approximately $3000 in money they sent in to Jim Roberts (BigDog58) for bullets. Jim's story is that the State of Minnesota Revenue Department seized all of his assets supposedly due to a divorce settlement, including the money we sent him, and since he didn't keep that money separate from his own it belongs to the State at least for now. Jim has sworn up and down that he will repay every last cent of that money to us to regain his good name, no matter how long it takes. AFAIK, I am at the end of the list for a number of reasons, and I'll leave it at that. The specific question I am trying to answer here for my sake and the other board members who are out hundreds of dollars each, is whether some of them have been getting paid back in the ensuing 4 months. If that is the case, then please Reply and let us all know that Jim has been true to his word, and he deserves the credit for that. On the other hand, if all the ??? on the list below turn out to be "not paid", then I think it's pretty clear evidence that Jim has no intentions of ever making good on his debts, and he deserves what he gets for that too.

So if YOU are on the list below, please reply and let me know if you have been paid or not. I don't see any reason for anybody else to comment on this matter, as it got beat to death 4 months ago, and there's no point in reliving the past. The only purpose to gather this information is to find out whether some of us have gotten paid back or not. I will update the list unless this first post gets locked (the system does that sometimes) as I get replies. Thank you for your help in this matter!
Was contacted by another victim for the first time, so the total number of people who haven't been paid is STILL growing 4 months later... :o

Note: wanted to report on what was going on, and while MarkL and Evad got some payment back in March when TSHTF, I have learned that ex-LT DID get partially paid in late June or early July. As such, it proves that Jim has been making some effort to repay people since, and he deserves the credit for that. While I'd like to say more, in this case I'm going to STFU and see what happens when I do this again in October. 'Nuff said...
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Update on Precision Delta Group Buy

Postby rottenit on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am

I'm not on the list, and I haven't been paid. I volunteered that I can be one of the last.
m going to make some founding fathers quote up so it furthers a cause I believe in...

"Barak Obama is the beginning of the end of our country." - George Washington & Thomas Jefferson
rottenit

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:58 am

rottenit wrote:I'm not on the list, and I haven't been paid. I volunteered that I can be one of the last.

Okay, I guess I shouldn't be surprised if a few more victims surface at this late date. Please PM me with the number of bullets and caliber, plus the amount of money you sent to Jim, and it would help if you knew if you were part of Group Buy 1 or Group Buy 2. I'll add you to the list WITHOUT the financial data right above my name. Thank you for replying!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Mauser98 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Have NOT been paid. :o

Hoping that others have received payment.
Mauser98

Postby fabb600 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Not paid.
fabb600

Postby bpacman on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

It has been a year since I sent him a check. Not paid and have not heard from him since 3/10/2014. I see he is hanging out at MNGunSite.

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby cobb on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm

I have been asked again for a clarification.
BigDog58 is not banned from this forum, has the same access he has always had.
Now he was informed to limit his posts here until he rectified his group buy fiasco, but he see all he could before, gets PM's, etc.,
Checking the logs he was last logged in on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 pm.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby fabb600 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Sam, you should probably update the payment comments for ex-LT to "partially paid, said rest could wait until hell has frozen over".
fabb600

Postby hammAR on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:02 pm

bpacman wrote:I see he is hanging out at MNGunSite.

Are you inferring something..........hope not!
Especially since you are both members there you should know damn well that there is absolutely NO conversation or comments regarding this fiasco.
While you are at it you should add that he also hangs out at the first wednesday lunch, steel shoots, OCG, and the Lino Lakes proctologist club...............
that is IF you want to be fair and balanced - you know impartial!
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:52 am

FJ540 wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Actually, until you have tried a Guncrafter Industries trigger, it's hard to understand what really talented gunsmiths can do when allowed to put 40 hours of hand labor into every gun. And compared to a Glock :( :o :shock: :? trigger? That's like comparing you or me against George Clooney!

How many GC's are you up to Sam? And how much are you out on this deal?

Well, since you asked, I only have the one low serial number Model #1, although I will admit I am a bit jealous of that cheez thief Rodentman for getting a 6" longslide. They didn't have those or the one sawgrass bought to put in her Prada purse when I bought mine. (Actualy, that's slander, because sawgrass only buys expensive guns - not purses )

I'm out $226 dollars, and I only bought in because I felt sorry for people bailing on Jim on the first group buy, which according to my data NOW was only 2 or 3 people. While MarkL checked in with MN revenue and they couldn't tell him anything about what was happening, (which is logical for an ongoing case) I'm going to be contacting them to see if they can tell me if there is NO investigation involving Jim Roberts, and that would put an entirely different light on the situation. I just got notice of another person tonight that got sucked into this that I don't have on my list.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Evad on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:55 pm

I got some bullets, I believe I posted #s last thread. About half. I've been busy, so I haven't even considered this issue since.

I wouldn't have known Jim wasn't around when I barely was I guess. Hope things work for everyone, including me.
Evad

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:20 am

To begin with, I wasn't sure when he came in with his money to join, and I never attend those meetings anyway. In addition, a Director haranguing a new member about a private debt in front of 40 or 50 other people would have been highly inappropriate, and there's nothing in the by-laws that gives me the right to do this. I've already gotten a fair amount of crap for supposedly using my Directorship in inappropriate ways to get my money back, in spite of the fact that I have never told another member or Director at the club about this, and the only members who know about it learned about it here on this forum.

If it was just him and me that might work, but I am at the bottom of the list, so I'll just be told he hasn't gotten to me yet. A number of people have approached him asking for guns or powder to pay them off, and Jim has never provided anything along those lines, and one in the last couple of weeks asked for a gun or something else to pay him off, and Jim just made excuses and said he had to go out of town.

The purpose of this poll was to see if Jim is making any progress in paying back people, and from the look of it as long as we all remain silent then he can just continue to live the same lifestyle and conveniently forget about us. And this isn't every couple of weeks. This is the 1st update in 4 months. Next one will probably be in September, and if that list is identical to the one in this thread, then that will prove that Jim's promise to pay us all back to regain his good name was a bald-faced lie. In the meantime, I'm going to look into a few other things.

The only person who got fully repaid was MarkL, who blew the lid off this thing to begin with, and he was calling Jim every day for weeks trying to get the straight story. I doubt any of us really want to channel that kind of time and effort into getting our money back, but the squeaky wheel was the only one that got the grease so far.
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Evad on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:54 am

Or, look here.
Evad

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 am

Thank you for the link, Evad, but all it looks like is that MAYBE we might get some money back NEXT YEAR sometime. :roll: :deadhorse: In the meantime it's the same old SOS from Jim, and I for one have pretty much OD'ed on any promise or claim he has made, and I'm not believing a damn thing except $226 cash sitting in the palm of my hand. Jim totally wore out his welcome and credibility months ago.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:31 am

I agree with part of this :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Next

Return to General Gun Chat