Well- will more ammo be available now?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Well- will more ammo be available now?

Postby LarryP on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Media is reporting tanking gun sales by all mfgr's.

Wonder if we'll be able to find some ammo now at good prices!
LarryP

Re: Well- will more ammo be available now?

Postby FJ540 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:01 am

The ban threat "binge" has exhausted the market for guns, but there's a lot of new gun owners to feed a new found ammo diet.

9mm, .45, .223 - they're all readily available now for gradually reducing prices.

Fleet Farm had 5.56 for $6/box today. They had lots of it too.

.22lr is still AWOL, as are some popular but not staple calibers. In all, I think it's close to having settled down.
FJ540

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:15 am

It's not just gun sales according to the NY Post.

“People were buying guns and ammo in a panic session,” Dick’s CEO Ed Stack told analysts on a Tuesday conference call. Stack cited worries “around what would happen with gun legislation after the election.”

That panic ebbed last fall, and Stack said he expects tanking gun sales will be more of a short-term phenomenon that will likely level off by year’s end. Shares of gun giant Sturm Ruger dipped 3.2 percent Tuesday, while Smith & Wesson’s were flat.

With golf sales, however, Stack admitted that Dick’s is bracing for a permanent downturn, sending shares of rival Calloway Golf down 9 percent to $7.60.

“We really don’t know what the bottom is in golf,” he said. “I would expect that we would be less exposed to the golf business a couple of years from now than we are today.”

http://nypost.com/2014/05/20/demand-is- ... golf-gear/
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Any and all talk of "is it over yet???" is USELESS until Obama leaves the White House. When Obama got elected, permit classes and gun sales went through the roof, as well as component prices, especially after Sandy Hook, and while there have been ups and down, we have no chance of things really getting better until that spineless, bowing, kow-towing, Commie Pinko Muslim lover is GONE!!

And for those of you with kids who have pretty much grown up, doesn't this topic and all the others like it sound EXACTLY like driving from here to Chicago with the kids in the back seat, and hearing "are we there yet???????" before you even get across the Hudson bridge?? :evil: :roll: :P
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Eric Marleau on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:17 pm

I agree with Sam.
One mass shooting and Obama and the anti-gun idiots in Congress will go crazy and we will be short on everything again.
The only answer is when the Potus term is up and we have a Conservative in the White House again.

Eric
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
Eric Marleau

Postby Rodentman on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm

Yes the current term expires, but a Rep in the WH? Someone is gonna have to come out of the woodwork quickly and take the party lead. An HRC victory will only worsen our problems.
Rodentman

Postby coltpython123 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Any and all talk of "is it over yet???" is USELESS until Obama leaves the White House. When Obama got elected, permit classes and gun sales went through the roof, as well as component prices, especially after Sandy Hook, and while there have been ups and down, we have no chance of things really getting better until that spineless, bowing, kow-towing, Commie Pinko Muslim lover is GONE!!

+1 very true
coltpython123

Postby Pat on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

I hate to say it, but Hillary has one heck of a chance for POTUS... :cry:
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Lumpy on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Pat wrote:I hate to say it, but Hillary has one heck of a chance for POTUS... :cry:
In which case drug smugglers might decide that smuggling guns and ammo into the US will be more profitable. :lol:
Lumpy

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Pat wrote:I hate to say it, but Hillary has one heck of a chance for POTUS... :cry:
In which case drug smugglers might decide that smuggling guns and ammo into the US will be more profitable. :lol:

NO EFFEN WAY!! You're gonna step all over Eric Holder's turf of running guns South of the border for cheap or free, by trying to run them back up to the US for a profit?? Ohhhh - he'll make you somebody's bitch in Leavenworth for that!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby bluto on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Joe's has a load of .22lr at a o.k. price, still can't touch wally worlds 550 for $25 but picked up a couple of 325 pks of federal for $40 and change.

He tried to one box per thing but I was able to get 2 boxes.
bluto

Postby Vashjir on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Hit up both cabellas and gander in rodgers thursday. Both were very well stocked with multiple brands of bulk 22. The guy at walmart yesterday said this week's shipments have lasted most of the day before selling out; a major change from the 10 min in-stock times they've had. I'd say the hoards are getting full and I foresee some major selloffs before long.
Vashjir

Postby Randygmn on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:49 pm

I hope all those that bought bulk amounts (10,000+) for the sole purpose of reselling lose their asses on this stuff.
Randygmn

Postby 2in2out on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Randygmn wrote:I hope all those that bought bulk amounts (10,000+) for the sole purpose of reselling lose their asses on this stuff.

+1
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ironbear on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Glanced at the shelf at my Walmart today, about noon. No bulk boxes but there was some 100 rnd boxes. Been a long time since I've seen any, that late in the day.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Next

Return to General Gun Chat