anyone watch CSI this week?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 am

The comment about an AR15 firing 700 rounds per minute and being kept out of the hands of the public. Sending a note to CBS might be a good thing. Comment area on the CBS web site.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: anyone watch CSI this week?

Postby cobb on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:42 pm

That is close to the cyclic rate of fire for a M16, which is around 800 rounds a minute. Realistic max rate of 100 to 150 a minute on semi auto like an AR15, depending on the magazine size and how fast a person can reload.

So 700 per minute for an AR15 is very, very optimistic, even impossible unless Jerry Miculek is running the trigger. ;)
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby 20mm on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Not if you file the sear and slam fire!
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby jdege on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:36 pm

I don't object to characters in a TV show espousing anti-gun platitudes. I don't object to characters in a TV spouting ignorant nonsense.

What I object to is characters in a TV show delivering dialog that has more to do with the political arguments that the writer is having, than what the characters are doing at the time.

It's bad characterization, which makes for poor-quality television.
jdege

Postby cobb on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 pm

The problem with CSI and shows like them is the idiots or liberals believe the presented information as fact. DNA matches can be back in a matter of an hour or two, facial recognition matches in minutes, satellites taking images are exactly where it needs to be to see all and in high resolution.

In my permit to carry classes I bring up at least a couple times that people watch and believe TV too much. I mean Bruce Willis shot a guy multiple times with ball .45 acp and it lifted him off the floor and propelled him out the door in "Last Man Standing".
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby jdege on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't mind, when I see the actors on CSI talk about "registered" firearms. Clark County has a registry.

But when I see the actors on CSI Miami talk about "registered" firearms, I get pissed. Creating a registry in Florida is a felony.
jdege

Postby mmcnx2 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I just watched Moonshiners and the DEA agent mic'ed a 30-30 casing and because it was 'short' concluded it had to be hand load and of course that then led him to the one reloading store and the guy could ID who reloaded 30-30. Kind of a fuzzy connect the dots.
mmcnx2

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Just wait until they start finding murderers in 30 seconds because of micro stamping on these shows. Public support for microstamping will go through the roof!
Mn01r6

Postby Rodentman on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I want one of those Glocks that goes "click, click, click" when the mag is empty.

I'm still in recovery from the cancellation of "Honey Boo Boo."

At least "Amish Mafia" is coming back.
Rodentman

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:58 pm

cobb wrote:That is close to the cyclic rate of fire for a M16, which is around 800 rounds a minute. Realistic max rate of 100 to 150 a minute on semi auto like an AR15, depending on the magazine size and how fast a person can reload.

So 700 per minute for an AR15 is very, very optimistic, even impossible unless Jerry Miculek is running the trigger. ;)

Just because it is faesible, does not mean it is normally possible... I am unaware of any 800 round magizines for the m-16 and ammunition is really heavy and bulky.

Not picking on you cobb, all this holywood garbage, grrrr.... I could show absolute proof that the chances of hitting anyone with one shot from .38 snub fired from the hip at a target on a water tower better than 100 yards distance has almost no chance of hitting. And yet they stiff believe it can be easily done as they see it on TV...

How many people believe a 9mm round hole in a airplane window will suck every one not straped threw the window...

Or people are blown back on being hit by bullets. Not to mention guns firing when the slide is locked back... The everlasting 10 round m-16 magazines... revolers that seem to hold infinate ammo... shooting a person as they flee at 1000 yards with iron sights.

Lets not for get the cycle a round as a threat, they never seem to eject a shell, I guess if the people these guy were pointing the guns at got them to cycle the gun enough they would empty the guns...

To many examples...
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby jshuberg on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:10 pm

I learned from watching CHiPs that there is a huge, multicar accident with explosions and all sorts of carnage almost daily in California. In fact it's the reason I chose not to live there. Damn cars...
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:36 am

You guys watch too much TV. Go out side and get some fresh air for heavens sake. ;)
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:10 am

It's a bit chilly outside right now. :freezin:
Get off my lawn!