Minnesota Gun Rights

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 am

INOR wrote:Saw on their Facebook page that they are on the attack against MNGOC and Strawser and Doar. What’s that all about?

Edited to add: And for the record, I’m not a supporter of them. I have friends who follow their page and one of them shared their post on Facebook in which they attempt to put MNGOC on blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s about causing commotion so that people get scared and send them money
Ghost

Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:47 am

Yep, that’s what I figured.

INOR

Postby Rotary12 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 am

jshuberg wrote:Please keep the thread, maybe even make a sticky about them. They siphon monies from actual organizations that do the hard work, poison the well of public mindshare with their rhetoric, and harm the relationships groups like the GOCRA and the NRA have with the legislature.

The more we can get the word out that these guys are actually nothing but a scam ran out of Iowa and do absolutely nothing for MN gun owners, the better.

Can I share this on other social media?
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Rotary12 wrote:
jshuberg wrote:Please keep the thread, maybe even make a sticky about them. They siphon monies from actual organizations that do the hard work, poison the well of public mindshare with their rhetoric, and harm the relationships groups like the GOCRA and the NRA have with the legislature.

The more we can get the word out that these guys are actually nothing but a scam ran out of Iowa and do absolutely nothing for MN gun owners, the better.

Can I share this on other social media?

I don’t see that he said anything that he wouldn’t want shared.
Ghost

Postby gman1868 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm

The truth about the con artists known as MGR, no, IGR, no...

https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners/
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby hard h2o on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 pm

"Minnesota Gun Rights, a group that promotes itself as a registered nonprofit, had its tax-exempt status revoked in 2016 and hasn’t been reinstated, a FOX 9 investigation has found."

http://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-gun-group-says-its-a-nonprofit-but-was-revoked?fbclid=IwAR1HHWNzr78NiW7UqkzW5AxmGGY1YRejo9FKRnJVYWa6EQX8KVhVAxkvthc
hard h2o

Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby INOR on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am

Those guys are playing an interstate shell game using nonprofits to hide it.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am

INOR wrote:Those guys are playing an interstate shell game using nonprofits to hide it.

Want to be an undercover accountant?
Ghost

Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby INOR on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am

It’s probably all legal other than this recent bit of claiming to be a nonprofit when that’s been revoked some time ago. And not filings their forms 990. The treasury should be all over them and auditing them over this.

The shell game is that there are three brothers that serve as “executive directors” in different states for largely the same organizations. They purport that their MN exec director takes no salary or compensation for his “work” in MGR. They report that they spend their money on print, advertising, and “management fees.” I’m guessing their management fees in MN are paid to the other “outstate” brothers for “advisory services” and the MN guy is paid a management fee from the other outstate organizations. This way they can claim that their directors don’t take money from the instate organization to make them appear altruistic. It’s a big incestuous shell game.

Would have to go through the records of all the entities to know for sure though. Sounds like the perfect little project for a treasury agent!

INOR

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:00 am

INOR wrote:It’s probably all legal other than this recent bit of claiming to be a nonprofit when that’s been revoked some time ago. And not filings their forms 990. The treasury should be all over them and auditing them over this.

The shell game is that there are three brothers that serve as “executive directors” in different states for largely the same organizations. They purport that their MN exec director takes no salary or compensation for his “work” in MGR. They report that they spend their money on print, advertising, and “management fees.” I’m guessing their management fees in MN are paid to the other “outstate” brothers for “advisory services” and the MN guy is paid a management fee from the other outstate organizations. This way they can claim that their directors don’t take money from the instate organization to make them appear altruistic. It’s a big incestuous shell game.

Would have to go through the records of all the entities to know for sure though. Sounds like the perfect little project for a treasury agent!

That’s an interesting analysis, I’m not versed in such things.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am

Or they have other businesses of their own that they pay for the media and marketing stuff, so they are essentially paying themselves anyway.

I hate seeing any type of negative publicity about gun groups but they are such a cancer that it really has to happen to get them from sucking up money from otherwise well-intended individuals.

They sure must do a good job convincing their own of how good they are though, because there are some supporters that really go to bat with them. I guess the 'confrontation' method has some people who like it (even though it does nothing here).
BigBlue

Postby gman1868 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby BuckKlier on Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:35 pm

They were at Ahlmans Shooter Roundup today, If you are a Minnesota based group, why would you have a pickup with An Iowa License plate???
BuckKlier

Postby xd ED on Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:38 pm

BuckKlier wrote:They were at Ahlmans Shooter Roundup today, If you are a Minnesota based group, why would you have a pickup with An Iowa License plate???

Rather disappointing Ahlman's let them in. Many gun shows/venues do not.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:03 pm

BuckKlier wrote:They were at Ahlmans Shooter Roundup today, If you are a Minnesota based group, why would you have a pickup with An Iowa License plate???

Because that’s where they live…and run their fraudulent businesses out of.

I feel bad that Ahlmans got taken in by these hucksters.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat