Minnesota Gun Rights

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby photogpat on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 am

PhilaBOR wrote:I don't remember seeing Minnesota Gun Rights at the legislature during the recent hearings testifying for the bills. I did see Andrew Rothman and Professor Olson of GOCRA at the table testifying.

I saw Chris Dorr at the Capitol once last year. He drove up from Des Moines, took alot of pictures and posted them online to show he was "at the IA MN Capitol" (they make that mistake alot)...interrupted David Gross' (GOCRA) useful testimony with something to the effect of MOLON LAME (Senate Counsel actually had to call a sidebar with David later to get the remainder of his testimony)...then he hurriedly ran back out to his car and drove 4 hours back home....tweeting the entire time about how great his testimony was, and what a difference he'd made.

He's not only a moron, he's DAMAGING to our 2nd Amendment rights here in MN...just wait. Guaranteed he'll have done something to %$&* up all the good stuff cooking this year too. Watch.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby wasfuzz on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 pm

The MN Gun Rights group was out in force at the Mnk show today. I watched in amazement has the had teens (wearing Boy Scout Uniforms) sign petitions to let the the "just introduced" Stand your ground bill be "heard". As I was standing with Rep. Tony Cornish ( who they did not know) and they asked him if he had heard about the new MN State universal registration law that would require every firearm, BB gun and muzzle loader to be registered when sold or YOU will be charged with "the" crime should the weapon be used in a crime. I pointed out to them that the Stand your ground bill was last (2015) session and the state legislature was not in session yet, so it would be hard to have a bill introduced last week. What a bunch of tools!!!! It was one "staffer" and several local volunteers. After standing and listening to them talk about how a group of young men should form a local milita and then when they asked me to sign a petition. I stated I wanted no part of the "fundraising" and wanted nothing to do with the Wack jobs who are the staffers, they left me alone.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby westhope on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 am

Do they have a table at the Well's Gun Show?

Does GROCA?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 am

Are any of the show hosts willing to boot/ deny access to these guys?

An informed citizen making a case to the promoter might have some success ...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:35 pm

westhope wrote:Do they have a table at the Well's Gun Show?

Does GROCA?

They were stopped from having a booth at Wells last year.

The Caucus/PAC will not be at Wells this year -- I don't speak for GOCRA.

The Caucus/PAC will be at all of the MWCA shows and Game Fair this year.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby wasfuzz on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:44 pm

At this point I do not think GOCRA will be at the Wells Show, we have always welcomed them in the past and do not charge them for a table. We have not heard from them this year. Yes we did not allow them( MN Gun Rights) a table at the show in Wells last year and we not in the future, unless they change the way they operate.
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
WI,IA Conceal Carry
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby 2in2out on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 pm

My wife has been getting junk mail from them. I don't know how they got her name, because she doesn't subscribe to anything else firearms-related.

It's disappointing that they can so boldly take credit for the good work of others, and also that they've found a way to be believable enough that people send them money.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby photogpat on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:30 am

2in2out wrote:My wife has been getting junk mail from them. I don't know how they got her name, because she doesn't subscribe to anything else firearms-related.

It's disappointing that they can so boldly take credit for the good work of others, and also that they've found a way to be believable enough that people send them money.

MGR shares mailing lists from NAGR and the North Star Liberty Alliance...among others. They've also purchased mailing lists from outdoor associated publications.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby mrp on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am

Here's another thread you may find interesting:

Comments on minnesotagunrights.org
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48501
mrp

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:07 am

photogpat wrote:
2in2out wrote:My wife has been getting junk mail from them. I don't know how they got her name, because she doesn't subscribe to anything else firearms-related.

MGR shares mailing lists from NAGR and the North Star Liberty Alliance...among others. They've also purchased mailing lists from outdoor associated publications.

they also share lists w/ all of the Ron Paul organization's (campaign for liberty, etc)
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby JJ on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Looks like the Iowa legislature is tired of their crap too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5yy64TEEk
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:20 am

Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
WI,IA Conceal Carry
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:32 am

Was disappointed to see that Ahlmans let them setup a path blocking booth at Shooters Roundup. Their canopy literally sat over the path in a narrow area. There were 4+ people with clipboards trying to get signatures from everyone who needed to pass through. They claimed they were collecting them for stand your ground. We weaved through them as quickly as we could and kept walking.
grimbeaver

Minnesota Gun Rights

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 am

Saw on their Facebook page that they are on the attack against MNGOC and Strawser and Doar. What’s that all about?

Edited to add: And for the record, I’m not a supporter of them. I have friends who follow their page and one of them shared their post on Facebook in which they attempt to put MNGOC on blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby bstrawse on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 am

INOR wrote:Saw on their Facebook page that they are on the attack against MNGOC and Strawser and Doar. What’s that all about?

Edited to add: And for the record, I’m not a supporter of them. I have friends who follow their page and one of them shared their post on Facebook in which they attempt to put MNGOC on blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ignore them typically - they have no impact on what happens in Saint Paul.

B
bstrawse

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat