From a blog I read.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: From a blog I read.

Postby Belgiboy on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:18 am

I actually made myself an A10 warthog t-shirt
http://www.zazzle.com/a10_warthog_shirt-235226164419314832
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby ComradeBurg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Belgiboy wrote:SAMs and Shrikes are OK. AC-130 Specters are scary cool, no arguing that but I get misty eyed when I see a A10 Warthog strafing an Iranian control tower that did not show the proper respect. Warthogs are the pinnacle of American destructive coolness.

This is hands down my favorite jet. Nothing like putting wings on a tank and sending it off to do some damage. Not to mention they look cool while doing it.
Check out my Truth About Guns podcast at http://truthaboutguns.com/

Also check out my blog at http://blog.christopherburg.com/
ComradeBurg

Postby FlyByNight on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 pm

I give....the A10 really is the coolest damn thing in the sky!!
You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!" ~ unknown
FlyByNight

Postby jac714 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:38 pm

There is always the old joke about the A-19 Crew Chief and the F-16 Crew Chief talking about which plane was better and they came across an F-16 set up for a ground attack mission with bombs guns and missles all over it. The F-16 guy pointed it out to the A-10 guy and asked what they hung on the pylons of the A-10.

To which the A-10 Crew Chief replied, "F-16's" :D :D
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby eclausen on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 pm

ok...ok...i liked working on SuperHornets for that there is more space for your hands to get in there...but i am a Tomcat fan. if tha aircraft was ever let loose in a dogfight you would beable to see the sheer genius of the man that cam eup with it. iran i believe still has the MIG and also US did sell tomcats or phantoms to Iran. but its all in the training...how often and much you train on all the talents of an aircraft. because airforce pilot can not compete with naval pilots...FACT PEOPLE. and with that i will take a small bow. :o
eclausen

Postby pastorpaul on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:03 pm

eclausen wrote:ok...ok...because airforce pilot can not compete with naval pilots...FACT PEOPLE. and with that i will take a small bow. :o

my daughter would agree!! :stirthepot:
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby FlyByNight on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 pm

because airforce pilot can not compete with naval pilots...FACT PEOPLE.

eclausen....compete at what? Being Tom Cruise wannabees?? Whoo hoo, at least Hollywood is making the Navy look good!! (but seriously, Kelly McGillis is the best they could do??)

You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!" ~ unknown
FlyByNight

Postby hoel6466 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:55 pm

eclausen wrote:ok...ok...i liked working on SuperHornets for that there is more space for your hands to get in there...but i am a Tomcat fan.

Wow, then it must have been damn near impossible to remove anything from the Tomcat. There were some parts on the hornet made people almost cry when they had to be replaced!
hoel6466

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat