Reporting lost card

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Reporting lost card

Postby BigBlue on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:49 pm

So, I somehow misplaced my wallet. First time for that in 40-ish years. What a pain in the ass. Anyway, I found on the DPS site that I can 'report my lost card' to my sheriff and get a new one for $20. Any idea how to do that for Hennepin County? Can I call them or do I have to go downtown like for a renewal?

Also, anyone know how to report a lost Utah permit?

Thanks!
BB
BigBlue

Re: Reporting lost card

Postby ttousi on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 am

MN........you have to fill out the application again and present it in person. The upper right corner has a box where you would check replacement.

The note states you only need to fill out personal data...........best to go in and fill it out after talking to them.
current form attached

2015 Permit app.pdf
(1.41 MB) Downloaded 253 times
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:53 am

I thought there was a statutory $10 maximum for a replacement card. The one they always try to charge you with when you change your address.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby ttousi on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:29 am

EAJuggalo wrote:I thought there was a statutory $10 maximum for a replacement card. The one they always try to charge you with when you change your address.

correct..........from the statute

Subd. 7a. Change of address; loss or destruction of permit.

(a) Within 30 days after changing permanent address, or within 30 days of having lost or destroyed the permit
card, the permit holder must notify the issuing sheriff of the change, loss, or destruction. Failure to provide
notification as required by this subdivision is a petty misdemeanor. The fine for a first offense must not exceed
$25. Notwithstanding section 609.531, a firearm carried in violation of this paragraph is not subject to forfeiture.

(b) After notice is given under paragraph (a), a permit holder may obtain a replacement permit card by paying
$10 to the sheriff.
The request for a replacement permit card must be made on an official, standardized
application adopted for this purpose under section 624.7151, and, except in the case of an address change,
must include a notarized statement that the permit card has been lost or destroyed.
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby BigBlue on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks for the info. The sucky part is that you can't just call or mail it in, you have to go back to the office to fill out the form and submit it in person. For Hennepin that's downtown Mpls. Fortunately they started a program where they have a remote satellite office in Brooklyn Park a couple days a month.

For Utah, I found that the process is to print a replacement card form off their web site, get it notarized, and send it in. Also costs $10.

BB
BigBlue

Return to General Gun Chat