Open invitation: Post target pics, range photos, etc

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Open invitation: Post target pics, range photos, etc

Postby Erud on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 pm

The world championship is held every 4 years, and rotates between 5 or 6 different countries. It was in the US at Camp Perry in 2015, NZ is next in 2019. Other hosting countries are England, South Africa, Australia, and Canada. There might be another one that I’m missing. So it’s just due to the rotation that it happens to be in NZ for this cycle.
Erud

Postby Erud on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:48 am

Ok, the final agg scores after the shoot off are now posted. I had a decent showing and ended up with the top US score in the shootoff, which was fired in some of the craziest conditions I have seen since I’ve been here. I wasn’t in any danger of winning, but I moved up 6 spots from #19 to lucky #13. I’m pretty happy with the results. Our US team also kicked the asses of everyone present in the 300, 500, 600 yard team match held this morning. After only dropping a single point between 10 shooters on the 300-yard line, the Brits and Aussies started gathering around our score boards as our shooters finished up to keep their coaches updated. It was pretty cool.

Final agg results are posted here:

https://www.nranz.com/assets/2018-Natio ... regate.pdf

If anyone is interested, I’ll post some pics when I get back home in front of an actual computer.
Erud

Postby atomic41 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:36 am

unfitmother wrote:I hope New Zealand is amazing, Erik!

Shot 20 rounds today. Distance was 370 yards. The gong is 2 ft X 2 ft.

Nice shooting and that's a familiar chunk of steel! :D So I was out there last Sunday and you can still see the last two groups I shot with my .223. You painted over the orange dots we painted on but you can still see a little bit of them. I can still see the splash from two groups from my trip (circled). Was that your steel? If so thanks for donating it. Someone took down my t-post that I hang steel on so I was glad to find this nice big gong.
Attachments
1-31-18.2.jpg
atomic41

Postby atomic41 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 am

Erud wrote:Ok, the final agg scores after the shoot off are now posted. I had a decent showing and ended up with the top US score in the shootoff, which was fired in some of the craziest conditions I have seen since I’ve been here. I wasn’t in any danger of winning, but I moved up 6 spots from #19 to lucky #13. I’m pretty happy with the results. Our US team also kicked the asses of everyone present in the 300, 500, 600 yard team match held this morning. After only dropping a single point between 10 shooters on the 300-yard line, the Brits and Aussies started gathering around our score boards as our shooters finished up to keep their coaches updated. It was pretty cool.

Final agg results are posted here:

https://www.nranz.com/assets/2018-Natio ... regate.pdf

If anyone is interested, I’ll post some pics when I get back home in front of an actual computer.

Nice work! What a cool experience!
atomic41

Postby unfitmother on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 am

atomic41 wrote:Was that your steel? If so thanks for donating it.

Hey! Thank you for being a reference on my application in the first place. Best range for rifle shooting I've been a member at, and I haven't even shot off of the 600 yd line yet.

I didn't actually know I was gonna leave it there when I first brought it. It was just after that big snow, and there was no way my compact was gonna make it down the unplowed road to the 400 yd berm. So I carried it out there on my back, and then said screw it, I'm not caring it back by foot.
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby atomic41 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

unfitmother wrote:
atomic41 wrote:Was that your steel? If so thanks for donating it.

Hey! Thank you for being a reference on my application in the first place. Best range for rifle shooting I've been a member at, and I haven't even shot off of the 600 yd line yet.

I didn't actually know I was gonna leave it there when I first brought it. It was just after that big snow, and there was no way my compact was gonna make it down the unplowed road to the 400 yd berm. So I carried it out there on my back, and then said screw it, I'm not caring it back by foot.

:lol: I don't blame you, I would not want to carry it back either! Thanks again for sharing. I'm glad you enjoy the range, most of the members are respectful and pitch in to keep the place nice. (EDIT: WTF happened to the 100y backstop? That looks deliberate) Your sign is not quickly visible so just mentally prepare yourself for someone to put a dent in your plate with a big caliber. I hope it doesn't happen but it might.
Hope to see you out there sometime, cheers!
atomic41

Postby goosed on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Erud wrote:If anyone is interested, I’ll post some pics when I get back home in front of an actual computer.

Definitely interested in pics... maybe even deserves its' own thread? That is quite the experience and accomplishment in my mind!
goosed

Postby Erud on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 pm

goosed wrote:
Erud wrote:If anyone is interested, I’ll post some pics when I get back home in front of an actual computer.

Definitely interested in pics... maybe even deserves its' own thread? That is quite the experience and accomplishment in my mind!

Roger that. I’ll put some together in a few days when I get home and settled back in.
Erud

Postby FJ540 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:09 pm

This is going to be a little step up from my old "snowmobile trail" 100yd range. :)

https://youtu.be/pYCmIl8otuw
FJ540

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat