Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Getting to be discusted

Postby Erud on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:02 am

Ghost wrote:Ok discuss

Good start.
Erud

Postby Heffay on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:21 am

If people are making a lot of money reselling ammo and you aren't, that seems like a problem that could easily solve itself.

It's business, not personal. We have a word for people around here who prefer that their fellow man follow altruistic principles over the free market...
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Hmac on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Awesome.
Hmac

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Ghost, looks like you wasted a lot of space with those dry packs... :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby djont57 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:37 am

Ghost wrote:Ok discuss

Good job.
djont57

Re:

Postby Ghost on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:45 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Ghost, looks like you wasted a lot of space with those dry packs... :)

Sorry guys not mine, just a random picture from the Internet. I buy bulk ;)
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 am

Hoarding.
Rodentman

Postby Tronster on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:21 am

NOT a random internet picture...

Tronster

Postby LePetomane on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:16 am

Situations like this (reselling .22lr ammo at a profit) tells me that the shooting/firearm community does not stick together. Some will take advantage of an artificially limited supply of an item to profit from. Sure it's free market but pretty slimy to screw people like this.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Tronster on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:48 am

I'd suspect some of those who are profiteering are not even avid shooters. We each have a level of selfishness, and are more likely to help those we know or have something in common with than complete strangers we cannot relate to.

If there was a shortage of fine wood for violin making, and I happened to have bought a bunch of it when it was available, you can be certain I would make a hefty profit selling it to violin makers despite their wailing and mashing of teeth. I'm not into violins, have no interest in violin music, and cannot relate to their struggles to make violins.
Tronster

Postby LePetomane on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 am

My other theory is that those who resell ammo may actually be plots for Heather and Joan and they are unknowingly raising money for the very radical organization that wants to take away their firearms. Think about it.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby MJY65 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:22 am

LePetomane wrote:My other theory is that those who resell ammo may actually be plots for Heather and Joan and they are unknowingly raising money for the very radical organization that wants to take away their firearms. Think about it.

I guess anything is possible, but seems like kind of an inefficient way to raise money when Bloomberg is writing big checks to his minions anyway.
MJY65

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:54 am

LePetomane wrote:My other theory is that those who resell ammo may actually be plots for Heather and Joan and they are unknowingly raising money for the very radical organization that wants to take away their firearms. Think about it.

I don't think you have to look for a conspiracy- profit motive is enough to make people rationalize their smart action should afford them the right to sell what they bought for whatever price people are willing to pay for it. If your pissed about it, get your butt out of bed and stand in line like the hoarders do. If you aren't willing to work harder than or at least as hard as the competition, then keep your mouth shut and accept your 2nd place trophy. What they are doing isn't illegal. If your solution is that "there ought to be a law" then God help us ..................
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yuppiejr on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:28 am

yuppiejr

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:05 am

Tronster wrote:NOT a random internet picture...

I'd be more than happy with just ONE ROW out of that photo! :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat