Mosins and Ammo

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Mosins and Ammo

Postby win_fcs on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Just recently I was looking to spend my Christmas Club money on another Mosin and some ammo. I paid $129 two years ago at Fleet Farm. I bought my last spam can of ammo for $89 on web about the same time.
I checked FF and they have no Mosin rifles and don’t expect any in soon. GB prices are in excess of $169. 440 spam cans are crazy if you can find them.
One comment I read on the web said that this price hike and ammo shortage is due to our problems with Putin.
Is it really the case that Putin is stopping the sale of 60 year old rifles and ammo to the US?????????
win_fcs

Re: Mosins and Ammo

Postby plink on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:43 pm

I doubt Putin's idea of punishment is not letting a few American gun nuts do their annual mosin bubba-build off. We put a Russian weapons import ban into effect a while back that must be still holding. Then again, when we put a higher tariff on Chinese made tires, they came back at us by not allowing the import of American raised chicken feet. Because politics.
plink

Re: Mosins and Ammo

Postby hopkins on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:03 am

As I understand it, Obamanation is causing the problem as a reaction to Putin's actions in the Ukraine. At least that is His reason.
hopkins

Mosins and Ammo

Postby LumberZach on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:13 am

Here I just thought the supply was drying up. There's a lot of politics involved, but eventually there won't be any more original mosins to chop up
LumberZach

Return to General Gun Chat