Gun Safe

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gun Safe

Postby gdubya on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:59 pm

my1stpistol wrote:
Randygmn wrote:One last point, this is a legacy purchase. With that in mind, the upfront costs don't seem so extreme knowing that they safe will certainly outlive you and anyone who may inherit it from you.

I have to keep telling myself this. Some day my son will have and use it.

I dunno, maybe your grandkids will have it. Hopefully you will still have plenty of use for a safe when your son reaches the age that he needs one of his own.
gdubya

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 am

The way politics is going these days I worry that the safe I own will outlast our rights to keep it full of what it has in it now. The lefties are really pushing to turn the gun war into the shame-fest that they've used to push other social agendas and those things worked for them. I think we as gun owners need to work extra hard to keep the shooting sports alive with today's youth so we can still have people to defend the rights in the future. Whiny, emotional liberals will never run out of future generations of whiny, emotional liberals. But we have to work to ensure we don't run out of people who like and defend guns and their legitimate uses.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 am

BigBlue wrote:The way politics is going these days I worry that the safe I own will outlast our rights to keep it full of what it has in it now. The lefties are really pushing to turn the gun war into the shame-fest that they've used to push other social agendas and those things worked for them. I think we as gun owners need to work extra hard to keep the shooting sports alive with today's youth so we can still have people to defend the rights in the future. Whiny, emotional liberals will never run out of future generations of whiny, emotional liberals. But we have to work to ensure we don't run out of people who like and defend guns and their legitimate uses.

BB

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;

if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;

you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.

There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Ghost

Postby my1stpistol on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 pm

gdubya wrote:
my1stpistol wrote:
Randygmn wrote:One last point, this is a legacy purchase. With that in mind, the upfront costs don't seem so extreme knowing that they safe will certainly outlive you and anyone who may inherit it from you.

I have to keep telling myself this. Some day my son will have and use it.

I dunno, maybe your grandkids will have it. Hopefully you will still have plenty of use for a safe when your son reaches the age that he needs one of his own.

He already owns more guns then I do! But he is in his 20s and still moves around so a big safe is not practical for him at this point. I would more then likely leave it all to him and he can do as he sees fit.
my1stpistol

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:53 am

my1stpistol wrote:He already owns more guns then I do! But he is in his 20s and still moves around so a big safe is not practical for him at this point. I would more then likely leave it all to him and he can do as he sees fit.

If I moved around I would buy one of these and move it with me: http://www.snapsafe.com/
grimbeaver

Postby my1stpistol on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Well. I got my safe in the basement tonite. Get it unboxed and......
my1stpistol

Gun Safe

Postby bnelson06 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Ouch! I'm going to guess they aren't going to help you get it back out. If you can live with it maybe you can get a chunk of cash back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bnelson06

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:39 pm

That sucks
Ghost

Postby my1stpistol on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:08 am

My plan is to stop there today and see what I can get out of them. I doubt my 3 friends will be very willing to help me get it back up the steps!
If they offer nothing I send pics to corporate and see what's what.
my1stpistol

Postby ZardozCZ on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:21 pm

I just saw at Costco, a small gun safe.
Heritage Security Vault 14 gun capacity
10.8 CuFt
30 min fire rating
UL listed electric lock
Weight 211 lbs
55" high x 20" wide x 17" deep
3-way bolt protection
Door Panel Organizer
$349.99

It certainly isn't large, but at that weight I could wheel it on a dolly myself and skip shipping costs. I don't have many long guns so it would work for me. I'd likely build shallow shelves in the back behind the long guns for more boxes of ammo. Small enough to bolt into a closet to make prying it off the wall and floor anchors nearly unlikely (no room for pry-bar leverage). I must say I'm intrigued at this price point, it's something better than nothing until I can buy the muti-thousand dollar one I'd LIKE to have.

Not on their web site that I could find, saw it at the St Louis Park location. Just thought I'd share while I ponder... save one for me, ok?
ZardozCZ

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:41 pm

You moved it without unboxing it? Either it was not too heavy or that's impressive. When I helped a friend move one that was ~500 lbs we took the door off and moved it in two pieces since the door was about 40% of the weight.
grimbeaver

Re:

Postby my1stpistol on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 pm

my1stpistol wrote:Well. I got my safe in the basement tonite. Get it unboxed and......

Went much better then expected. 150$+ tax back on my debitcard and they couldn't have been more apologetic.
Keep in mind I only paid 550$ for the safe. Liberty Revolution 18.
I'm satisfied.
my1stpistol

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat