Gun Control - Can We Agree On One Thing?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Gun Control - Can We Agree On One Thing?

Postby CROSBYK2 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

I think the one thing that most Americans can agree on is the fact that there is no way to prevent criminals and terrorists from obtaining guns. Other countries have tried and all have failed as gun violence is still present at some level.

In Chicago 120 people were shot in the first 12 days of this year, despite having the most stringent gun control laws in the country. Same with California and their strict gun control laws and they got the San Bernardino massacre where 14 people were killed by two radical Islamic terrorists.

So it seems logical that criminals and terrorists have not and will not follow any gun control laws, so who does follow the gun control laws? Well, it would be law abiding citizens like you and I who follow the laws. So why do the States and the Federal government create gun laws that only the law abiding citizens follow when the law abiding citizens aren't the problem? Is it not logical to conclude that we law abiding citizens are the target and the criminals and terrorists are not?
CROSBYK2

Re: Gun Control - Can We Agree On One Thing?

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 pm

It's not about keeping people safe.

Once you understand that, it all makes sense.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Rodentman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Yes that sound like what the gov't is doing but it's not logical of course. The Dems won't be happy until there is total confiscation of firearms from us law abiding citizens. I am firmly convinced of it.
Rodentman

Postby LePetomane on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:22 pm

It's not about the guns. It's about control.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby linksep on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:26 pm

I think we can agree on one thing: Gun Control means hitting your target.

1) I think a solid 20% of Americans are actually incapable of honest, rational, critical thought.
2) Another 20% either: Know the facts or are at least capable of critical thought and choose to intentionally ignore or deceive to achieve their end-goals or back their team.
3) Another 20% just don't care enough one way or the other to give 3 seconds of critical thought. Pure apathy.
4) 30% Have rational thoughts and opinions (hint, almost everyone here would fall into this group).
5) 10% BACON!
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby andrewP on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:18 am

I don't know, linksep, being part of that "BACON!" group is pretty tempting. :)
andrewP

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:28 am

Only 10% Bacon? :hmm:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Lumpy on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 am

CROSBYK2 wrote:I think the one thing that most Americans can agree on is the fact that there is no way to prevent criminals and terrorists from obtaining guns. Other countries have tried and all have failed as gun violence is still present at some level.
[sarcasm] At least they're trying![/sarcasm]

In Chicago 120 people were shot in the first 12 days of this year, despite having the most stringent gun control laws in the country. Same with California and their strict gun control laws and they got the San Bernardino massacre where 14 people were killed by two radical Islamic terrorists.
[sarcasm]Wich is why we should be able to sue gun dealers for their part in this![/sarcasm]

So it seems logical that criminals and terrorists have not and will not follow any gun control laws, so who does follow the gun control laws? Well, it would be law abiding citizens like you and I who follow the laws. So why do the States and the Federal government create gun laws that only the law abiding citizens follow when the law abiding citizens aren't the problem? Is it not logical to conclude that we law abiding citizens are the target and the criminals and terrorists are not?
[sarcasm]So we should legalize murder because we can't stop people from committing murders?[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]We need to get rid of America's "gun culture"[/sarcasm]
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:53 am

Lumpy wrote:
CROSBYK2 wrote:I think the one thing that most Americans can agree on is the fact that there is no way to prevent criminals and terrorists from obtaining guns. Other countries have tried and all have failed as gun violence is still present at some level.

Seems fitting

Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 am

Ghost wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

Seems fitting

Excellent!!
BigBlue

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Ghost wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

Seems fitting

That about sums it up!
Bearcatrp

Postby LarryP on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:29 am

Gun control isn't their objective. Disarming and controlling the public is. You can't control people without disarming them first.
The New World Order won't be complete until America is disarmed & controlled.
It's happening as we speak. Bits & pieces of our rights are being loss.
It won't happen quickly, but disarming the public will happen someday.
LarryP

Postby xd ED on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:04 am

LarryP wrote:Gun control isn't their objective. Disarming and controlling the public is. You can't control people without disarming them first.
The New World Order won't be complete until America is disarmed & controlled.
It's happening as we speak. Bits & pieces of our rights are being loss.
It won't happen quickly, but disarming the public will happen someday.

While I don't disagree with the premise that most governments would wish for a disarmed populace, their actions are driving something quite the opposite:

Europeans Stocking Up on Guns in Wake of Brutal NYE Attacks - Truth Revolt

While the Obama administration seeks to diminish Americans' ability to protect themselves -- particularly in the wake of terrorist attacks like those in San Bernardino -- Europeans, typically opposed to guns of any kind, are arming themselves in record numbers. The NY Post reports that in the wake of New Year's Eve's brutal attacks and sexual assaults by Muslim men, women and police officers in Germany and Austria has quadrupled.

Not surprisingly, when asked the reason why they arming themselves, most of Europeans polled cited "fear and unease" due to the influx of refugees.

The number of gun permits issued has recently quadrupled in Germany and Austria after the attacks in Cologne and Salzburg, according to the weapons industry.

“Women customers include waitresses that need to get home in the evening, and women that walk dogs regularly in the evenings. We are also seeing some coming in to buy them for their daughters,” Gerhard Fuchs, a gunsmith in Innsbruck, Austria, told Central European News....

It could be that the classic/ romantic Europe that drove the tourism industry may be a thing of the past:

... Franz Dorfner, owner of a gun shop in Vienna said he can barely keep up with the demand.

"I have completely sold out of pepper spray and have to wait at least a month before they can provide me with any more," he said during an interview Central European News.

Another store owner who is selling out of supplies said she'd "never experienced anything like it," she said.

According to the Post, there has also been a marked rise in the demand for private body guard services.

In Vienna, the White Wings Association is offering free professional protection after the city’s top cop warned women not to go out alone at night.

“Women should in general not go out on the streets at night alone, they should avoid suspicious-looking areas and also when in pubs and clubs should only accept drinks from people they know,” Police Chief Garhard Purstl said in controversial statements to the Krone newspaper....

...and then there's Cologne:
Of course Cologne's mayor also made a controversial statement in essence claiming that it's women's faults for bringing these sexual assaults on themselves. In response to the out of control migrant situations, hundreds of European demonstrators attacked police in Cologne, held signs reading "Rapefugees Not Welcome" and screamed "Merkel out" according to the Post.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to General Gun Chat