Scope fell apart at the range

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Anyone ever see this happen on a scope? Its a vortex crossfie II 1x4. Less than 100 rounds mounted on this rifle. Babied this setup. Only seen the range a couple of times. Got the scope a few months back. Was at the range checking some reloads I did and this happened in the middle of my range time. Am pretty peeved about this, especially with a vortex. I emailed them with the photos asking if there was a way I could get a refund instead of just a repair. Pretty much know the answer so will get it fixed and sell it for a loss like a vortex red dot That couldn't hold a zero for crap.
Bearcatrp

Postby LumberZach on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Was it just the battery compartment that fell off? Is the scope still usable or is it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Re: Scope fell apart at the range

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Lifetime warranty why not give them a chance to make it right?
Ghost

Postby striped1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Vortex is awesome. They will fix or replace. Give them a chance to make it right.
striped1

Postby striped1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Vortex is awesome. They will fix or replace. Give them a chance to make it right.
striped1

Postby JJ on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm

I've seen a lot worse, lol.

Call Vortex, get an RGA#, and they will warranty that. It will cost you a couple bucks to ship it. Most scopes will fit in a USPS flat rate box, and I want to say it's about $6.50 to get it shipped.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

JJ wrote:I've seen a lot worse, lol.

On a few months old scope? What, the lens pop out. About the only thing I could think would be worst. Vortex sent me a prepaid label. The email I got said they never seen this happen to any of there scope before. Dam china junk! They said they will make this right. What ever I get I will be selling right away. Should have went with the Leupold optics I was checking out when I chose this one. Really liked the reticle with the little red dot in the center. Exactly what I wanted. Anyone know of a 1x4 illuminated with a 3 dot or less?
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:11 pm

I'll only charge you $10 to get this off your hands - even new the thing is technically worthless so $10 will make it right with me for the effort of making time for you to deliver it to me. Let me know.............. :lol: :bolt:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby striped1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Whatever you are buying from Leupold in the same price as your vortex is no where near the vortex.

I will be happy to take it off you hands since it is "junk"
striped1

Postby Scratch on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Seriously... 10 bucks... I'll double his offer to take it off your hands. You don't have to mess with shipping or anything.
Let me know!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
JJ wrote:I've seen a lot worse, lol.

On a few months old scope? What, the lens pop out. About the only thing I could think would be worst. Vortex sent me a prepaid label. The email I got said they never seen this happen to any of there scope before. Dam china junk! They said they will make this right. What ever I get I will be selling right away. Should have went with the Leupold optics I was checking out when I chose this one. Really liked the reticle with the little red dot in the center. Exactly what I wanted. Anyone know of a 1x4 illuminated with a 3 dot or less?

Bushnell has an illuminated 1-4 for under $200 Amazon. Has the little red dot in the center. I'll give you $30 for yours after you buy it.
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:27 pm

striped1 wrote:Vortex is awesome. They will fix or replace. Give them a chance to make it right.

It seems like a lot of people have personal experience with Vortex customer service and warranty. I'm thinking that's not necessarily a good thing.
MJY65

Postby samginko on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:38 pm

MJY65 wrote:
striped1 wrote:Vortex is awesome. They will fix or replace. Give them a chance to make it right.

It seems like a lot of people have personal experience with Vortex customer service and warranty. I'm thinking that's not necessarily a good thing.

YouTube is filled with people talking about vortex customer service. Yes, razor line is great, but what about the rest of your line.
samginko

Postby LumberZach on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Yeah, really though if you're looking to get rid of this fast I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby shooter115 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Well the closest offering Leupold makes to what you have would be the VX-R Patrol 1.24-4. It's also about $800, so like 4x the money of your vortex. Not really comparing apples to apples here. Besides that, Vortex makes some glass out there when you go dollar per pound on their low end scopes. On the high end they are just some of the best period.

Here's an interesting read about more Vortex junk. I mean, they only had to shoot it to break it.....oh wait, that didn't work either. http://www.recoilweb.com/vortex-sparc-ii-the-dot-that-would-not-die-67267.html
shooter115

Next

Return to General Gun Chat