Target Center Security (CCW)

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby tac870 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 am

Just to give you guys a heads up. I went to a concert last night at Target Center. Security has been ramped up to TSA style levels. There were pat downs, metal detectors and confiscations going on at all of the entrances. Every entrance into the arena also had a heavy security presence. If you are going down there plan accordingly.
tac870

Re: Target Center Security (CCW)

Postby photogpat on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:54 am

Last T-wolves game I hit, I was perfunctorily wanded. It buzzed several times as she passed it over car keys, flash light, spare magazine and finally my carried firearm.

I was waved through.

Biggest security theater production I'd ever seen. Other's experiences might be different I suspect.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:08 am

Somebody try one of these and see if they notice

Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 am

I think that would be a giveaway; but a big-a** belt buckle (and maybe a metal-cased wallet too) would be good camouflage.
Lumpy

Postby wasfuzz on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 am

Even more so if it was the Indoor Rodeo!!
All the "cowboys" wear those monuments to the dead buried bellow buckles. :roll:
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 am

tac870 wrote:Just to give you guys a heads up. I went to a concert last night at Target Center. Security has been ramped up to TSA style levels. There were pat downs, metal detectors and confiscations going on at all of the entrances. Every entrance into the arena also had a heavy security presence. If you are going down there plan accordingly.

Confiscations?? Of what? Nobody in that scenario has any right to confiscate something. Or was it the customer voluntarily giving up something of little value, like a cheap pocket knife, just to be able to get into the show without going back to their car?

BB
BigBlue

Postby dismal on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 am

What was the event? I could see some events having higher security depending on the expected crowd, and perhaps demands of the performers.
dismal

Postby Hmac on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:17 am

tac870 wrote:Just to give you guys a heads up. I went to a concert last night at Target Center. Security has been ramped up to TSA style levels. There were pat downs, metal detectors and confiscations going on at all of the entrances. Every entrance into the arena also had a heavy security presence. If you are going down there plan accordingly.

I highly doubt that confiscations were taking place. Turned away at the door? Yes. Confiscations? I can't imagine that it would be legal for Target Center to do that.
Hmac

Re:

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:46 am

dismal wrote:What was the event? I could see some events having higher security depending on the expected crowd, and perhaps demands of the performers.

Black Sabbath with Ozzie 8-)
Was the same deal last month for Motley Crue.
tenmilmag

Postby tac870 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 pm

For me it was a small keychain Leatherman. You are given a no win choice of surrendering your property or going two blocks back to your vehicle. This is a PSA only warning. Did they stick a gun in my face? No! I considered this to be confiscation. Lesson learned.
tac870

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:02 pm

tac870 wrote:For me it was a small keychain Leatherman. You are given a no win choice of surrendering your property or going two blocks back to your vehicle. This is a PSA only warning. Did they stick a gun in my face? No! I considered this to be confiscation. Lesson learned.

Should have walked away and positioned it behind you belt buckle/zipper and gone back in another entrance. :twisted:
Ghost

Postby cryptical on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:43 pm

I ran into this at the Dead & Co concert in November. Tossed my CRKT Delagate into the bin under my wallet and they didn't even look in the bin :)
cryptical

Postby EAJuggalo on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 am

I got wanded there for a Lynx playoff game, the "Security Officer" assumed the beeping was my phone and ignored it while missing the Taurus 650 right behind it. If I'd had the option of going to my car I probably would have taken it, but I had come down on the bus with my mother.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Return to General Gun Chat