I finally met one.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

I finally met one.

Postby phorvick on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:39 am

I have been offering firearms and permit training now for years. I have been incredibly fortunate to be at the right place at the right time to have hooked up with great people that have helped me immensely in organizing and promoting classes. Today and tomorrow I am doing my 15th "last class" for NRA instructor certification (now living in Sun City West, AZ), and that is now over 1000+ students over the years. Also, with my MN, NE, UT, AZ, ND and FL permit classes, I have had over 10000 students. Many were done for $-0-, some for minor amounts (i.e., I am not cash rich from this). In all those years and classes, I have met only three bad apples. One instructor candidate gave me a bad check; one permit applicant walked out in a huff; and one permit applicant scared me so much that I refused to continue his class. (And, I am not counting the time I was sued!). Now, yesterday, I met the ultimate nut.

Here in AZ, like in MN, there are sources to post upcoming classes. I did post an AZ permit class, and the lady replied to the post that "GUNS KILL" and she would never ever support such a class. I sent her a private note, very professional and cordial, stating that I understood firearms can engender many feelings, and that my hope was that she was basing her comments on facts, not emotions. I invited her to my next class, at $0, so she could see for herself that instructors (well, all that I know) are not gun nuts and we have the utmost respect for the law and safe/responsible gun ownership. She replies "thanks, but I never want to meet you because GUNS KILL".

I replied that the offer was open ended, and I would be happy to have her attend at this or any future class. To which she replied "GUNS KILL. I have no intention of EVER being in the same room with you, and if you try to come to my house, I'LL KILL YOU."

At that point, it was obviously fruitless to try to rationally discuss anything, so I just sent her a note and could not resist adding the comment that "it is just as well that you do not attend, as clearly your application would be denied due to mental instability."

I probably should not have said that, but it felt so good.

NOTE: I am not posting this in the AZ forums, as I really don't have many instructor friends here (much more business cut-throat), but thought my many good friends in MN might get a chuckle So, I have met the enemy...and she is bonkers. 8-)
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Re: I finally met one.

Postby Ghost on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 am

I like how this is bad
Anti Lady wrote:GUNS KILL

Yet, this is OK in her mind.
Anti Lady wrote:I'LL KILL YOU

From my experience this is very common with anti's. It baffles me every time.

I enjoyed the permit class I had with you years ago Paul, I'm now glad it went smoothly. :D
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:14 am

Ghost wrote:I like how this is bad
Anti Lady wrote:GUNS KILL

Yet, this is OK in her mind.
Anti Lady wrote:I'LL KILL YOU

From my experience this is very common with anti's. It baffles me every time.

It's kind of like the mentality that banning all guns is worth it if it "saves just one life". Of course, they are perfectly willing to send the door kickers to kill as many uncooperative gun owners as needed to achieve that goal.
MJY65

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

Good story...but I thought AZ has Constitutional carry....no permit required? Was it a safety class you were teaching?
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby ex-LT on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:42 am

Snakeman721 wrote:Good story...but I thought AZ has Constitutional carry....no permit required? Was it a safety class you were teaching?

You don't need a permit for open carry, but to carry concealed, you need a permit.
Also, IIRC, a permit allows you to carry in some places where you cannot carry without a permit.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Hard to conceive that there are actually real people out there that literally wet their pants about these issues. I wonder how she would have KILLED you if you showed up at her house...................? maybe its just the overly mechanical means of killing someone that guns represent.......................

You are right, there is no reasoning with some people. I consider her attitude a mental illness issue.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby armedwalleye on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:33 pm

phorvick wrote:She replies "thanks, but I never want to meet you because GUNS KILL".

"GUNS KILL. I have no intention of EVER being in the same room with you, and if you try to come to my house, I'LL KILL YOU

8-)

I'd be curious on two things.
Kill you? WITH WHAT??
And isn't the tin foil hat she's wearing that keeps you from finding out where she lives??

While it is a cry for help, some folks would perceive it as a death threat, and that alone should warrant a visit by the local constabulary.
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby photogpat on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:55 pm

I believe "she" lives around here too...goes by a different name and gender though...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby usnret on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:11 pm

You should send the cops over to have a talk with her seeing as she threatened your life.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby UnaStamus on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:22 pm

usnret wrote:You should send the cops over to have a talk with her seeing as she threatened your life.

If she gets arrested, who is going to take care of her 27 cats?
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby fine ape on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:06 pm

UnaStamus wrote:
usnret wrote:You should send the cops over to have a talk with her seeing as she threatened your life.

If she gets arrested, who is going to take care of her 27 cats?

Chairmen Mao's magic wok, family dining and pet rescue?

Hmmmm... are you sure it isn't this "person"
tmp_25053-Achmed.png~c200-420314281.png
tmp_25053-Achmed.png~c200-420314281.png (66.67 KB) Viewed 6143 times
Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. And short of lobotomizig everyone who has a bad thought they will continue to be for the forseeable future.
fine ape

Postby Lumpy on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm

armedwalleye wrote:I'd be curious <>.
Kill you? WITH WHAT??

:bravo:
Lumpy

Postby my1stpistol on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Oh the irony of it would be to much to miss. I would be at every court hearing
my1stpistol

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:48 pm

my1stpistol wrote:

Oh the irony of it would be to much to miss. I would be at every court hearing

Be kind of neat if some gun friendly media(it IS AZ) learned of the situation ... :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

SMH
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Next

Return to General Gun Chat