Keanu Reeves and guns

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Keanu Reeves and guns

Postby Hmac on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 am

Interesting. Keanu seems to know his way around firearms

Hmac

Re: Keanu Reeves and guns

Postby shooter115 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:42 am

This is video of him training with Taran Butler for the upcoming John Wick 2. In the Hollywood world of smoke and mirrors, it's good to see someone actually putting in the work when it comes to gunplay.
shooter115

Postby LePetomane on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:53 am

I will bet my last dollar that this guy is a supporter of the Democrat party. He is a Canadian citizen so he cannot vote. To me this points out the hypocrisy of the Hollywood left producing violent movies and then supporting candidates who want to restrict our rights. Just my thoughts.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:23 am

I can think of two hollywood gun moments that seem to typify the culture. The most recent was one of the pretty boys talking about the excitement of going to a gun range, and how cool it was to shoot a gun 'sideways'.
When asked about things more philosophical, he was emphatic that the general public should not own the guns he used as props in the movie.

The most telling remark I've ever heard about the disconnect between hollywood and reality was a statement made by Robert Altman, in "Hearts of Darkness- The making of Apocalypse Now".

I possibly don't remember the exact wording but the following was close enough to exact his thoughts: " We sent the cast to a gun range to learn to shoot guns so they'd know what it feels like like to kill someone"..

The shooter in the video is impressive. perhaps they should adjust the speed to real time, however.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby shooter115 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:16 am

xd ED wrote:
The shooter in the video is impressive. perhaps they should adjust the speed to real time, however.

I take it you've never been to a 3 gun match.
shooter115

Keanu Reeves and guns

Postby LumberZach on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 am

I have not heard Keanu being anti gun, but I have heard that he is on a 3 gun team so I think this is pretty cool. I don't believe I have found any anti gun comments from him yet.

He is faster than I have ever been, but I suspect he was able to run the stage a dozen times before the camera went on. If I could practice a stage a few times before it counts I would like to think I would at least look like I knew what I was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:27 am

shooter115 wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I take it you've never been to a 3 gun match.

True enough; never shot 3-gun.

I was caught more by the jerky movements in the transitions, and running. Watching it full screen makes it look more realistic, so maybe it's not sped up. It wasn't an issue with shooting speed.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Scratch on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:53 pm

He looks way better than me...

Would this still be called "3gun" or "multi gun" though...?
Since he re holstered, and slung his rifle...

Or would this be considered "Run and gun"

Do they do this in "3 gun" or "multi gun"? Or is it just up to the stage designer if they want you to re holster, and let the rifle hang.

I understand that he's learning it for a movie role or not competing here, so it's completely up to him, but just wondering. Still very cool though!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Scratch wrote:He looks way better than me...

Would this still be called "3gun" or "multi gun" though...?
Since he re holstered, and slung his rifle...

Or would this be considered "Run and gun"

Do they do this in "3 gun" or "multi gun"? Or is it just up to the stage designer if they want you to re holster, and let the rifle hang.

I understand that he's learning it for a movie role or not competing here, so it's completely up to him, but just wondering. Still very cool though!

It's likely called 100th take, YouTube it for promotion
Ghost

Postby shooter115 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:37 pm

This is not an actual match. He just training for a movie, though I'd love to see him at a match. Some matches do indeed have slings and hot holstering.
shooter115

Postby mc762x54R on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm really sick of every one of my facebook friends posting this. I'm sure most of us could do this with unlimited professional training and the same range every time.
mc762x54R

Postby Hmac on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 pm

mc762x54R wrote:I'm really sick of every one of my facebook friends posting this. I'm sure most of us could do this with unlimited professional training and the same range every time.

I posted it because I thought it was interesting to see a Hollywood A-lister enjoying himself at a high-level firearms exercise. I frankly don't care what his politics are or what country he's from. He's pretty good with a real non-Hollywood gun.
Hmac

Keanu Reeves and guns

Postby BBeckwith on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 pm

LePetomane wrote:I will bet my last dollar that this guy is a supporter of the Democrat party.

Gonna let you in on a little secret, just because you vote Democrat, it doesn't mean you can't like guns and shooting them. For that matter it doesn't mean you can't fight for 2A rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby Scratch on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:16 am

shooter115 wrote:This is not an actual match. He just training for a movie, though I'd love to see him at a match. Some matches do indeed have slings and hot holstering.

Yeah I know it's not for a match, but I'd never seen hot holstering and slings during multi gun. The only reason I ask is because I'm setting up a longer, multi gun, woods course for myself, similar to this with hot holstering and sling work, and wondering if it should be explained as "multi gun" or "Run and gun" (I'm not exactly sure if that's the correct term...)

I've showed it to some 3 gun people and they were like "why would you do that?"
But to me it looks fun with all the different transitions to secondary and back.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby LePetomane on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 am

BBeckwith wrote:Gonna let you in on a little secret, just because you vote Democrat, it doesn't mean you can't like guns and shooting them. For that matter it doesn't mean you can't fight for 2A rights.

Most Democrats I know don't have problems with the actual guns. It's the gun owners that they don't like.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Next

Return to General Gun Chat