Stock and Barrel gun club

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Stock and Barrel gun club

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 am

Needs indoor 100 yard rifle range
Ghost

Postby LarryP on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Drinking in a gun club? :shock: Not for me.

I hope if you drink you're not allowed on the range at anytime
LarryP

Postby gman1868 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 pm

No alcohol before or during range time. The Statesman memberships are capped at 100, and are transferrable. If you want to sell your share or let the club sell it, you can.

I think there are 16 lanes for Public, 3 for Private. All lanes are a true 25 yards from the firing line, with an all-steel backstop.

It's well beyond my means, but there are benefits:
Statesman Club Amenities
· Access to Statesman Club Lounge (keycard restricted)
· Dedicated private shooting lanes
· Private entrance
· Access to private lessons and classes
· 7 days/week shooting
· Cigar lounge with humidor
· Private locker room
· Access to factory direct prices on certain ammunition
· Preferred pricing on accessories and ammo (excludes firearms and optics)
· Preferred pricing on apparel
· Preferred pricing on virtual shooting
· Includes Eye & Ear protection rental
· Includes Targets
· Includes ‘quick clean’ - they clean your guns any time you ask them to for free
· Includes gun rentals
· Includes FFL transfers
· 12 guest passes annually
· On-site firearms locker in our secure vault
· Members only events and demo days
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Kelor on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:38 am

I think they are making one mistake on the membership. What's the point of having this excellent lounge with only 100 members and 3 shooting stalls? It doesn't sound interesting to hang out on a leather couch and play pool all by myself having a scotch.

I bet they drop the membership share to $2000 and double up on lanes and members by the time this is over.

I'd also be surprised if this membership wont eventually give you reciprocity at other ranges. I can imagine something like a TPC golf membership where you get to play at all other TPC courses. The only difference is that some of these ranges would also be in the twin cities.
Kelor

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 am

Their brochure and the fly over video all indicate a total of 14 lanes. One bay of 7 another of 4 and the last of 3(the private lanes).

Based on the layout expansion will be fairly easy but there is a lot of non-revenue square footage in the existing layout.

While I hope they make it(another range is always a good thing) I struggle with what their revenue model must look like given I think they will be very hard pressed to sell 100 $5000 memberships. Especially when there is nothing really tangible for the membership other than free use of a lane and the lounge. And when you do the math you can buy a lot of range time for $149 a month and with 100 guys on 3 lanes you may have one heck of a time getting in. And the lounge well, people that can afford $5000 have access to a pool table, a bar and leather couch.

I suspect they will either drop the price or go after the corporate events business; which if you are a member and all of sudden 20 folks show up on the Wednesday night you planned to relax in the lounge you could be a little bent about your exclusive club being open to a bunch of visitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQzpRBVxgZk
mmcnx2

Stock and Barrel gun club

Postby PhilaBOR on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Their brochure and the fly over video all indicate a total of 14 lanes. One bay of 7 another of 4 and the last of 3(the private lanes).

Based on the layout expansion will be fairly easy but there is a lot of non-revenue square footage in the existing layout.

While I hope they make it(another range is always a good thing) I struggle with what their revenue model must look like given I think they will be very hard pressed to sell 100 $5000 memberships. Especially when there is nothing really tangible for the membership other than free use of a lane and the lounge. And when you do the math you can buy a lot of range time for $149 a month and with 100 guys on 3 lanes you may have one heck of a time getting in. And the lounge well, people that can afford $5000 have access to a pool table, a bar and leather couch.

I suspect they will either drop the price or go after the corporate events business; which if you are a member and all of sudden 20 folks show up on the Wednesday night you planned to relax in the lounge you could be a little bent about your exclusive club being open to a bunch of visitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQzpRBVxgZk

Chanhassen has the Auto Motorplex. Lots of people paying lots more than $500 + $149 there.
They do corporate events.
They modeled a lot of this after Centennial Colorado's guntry club.
They have options for expanding.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby 0x on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Stopped by for the first time today at the Chanhassen location. I was so impressed I left with a Liberty membership ($299 one-time + $29.95/month). If you pay the year in advance, you get a one-month discount. After the first year (required one year contract) you can suspend your membership for however long and then pick it up again without any cost other than the monthly rate. The Liberty membership gives you unlimited shooting time (guests are $15/each). You can make lane reservations through the Internet up to two weeks in advance. Members simply swipe their member card when they arrive and that gets them all checked in quickly. Small discount on ammo (still pays to buy in bulk online), gun rentals, and apparel. $15 FFL transfers. They let members in 30 minutes prior to the public opening in the morning. They gave me a tour of the Caliber membership facilities... they were amazing too (wish I could afford the very steep price tag).

The place was immaculate. Everything is very clean and spacious. Got put in the first bank of 7 lanes. There's a range officer that meets you after you pass through the double doors and then assigns you to a lane. He was paying very close attention to all the lanes and assisting shooters with whatever they needed. Very friendly and willing to show you everything you need to know about the lanes. The lane benches are solid wood with plenty of space. Each lane has a magazine speed loader chained to the bench which was twice as fast at loading my magazines than my stock Glock speed loader. The ventilation system was the best I've ever seen. The air was incredibly clean at all times. The electronic targets could be set for 5 to 75 feet. You couldn't dial in a specific distance but there were distance numbers painted on the floor at all the usual intervals. Targets are stapled to the cardboard backing on the movable target. The middle lane in every bank can be used for holster work (but you have to take their holster class first). There are a lot of shelves and space behind you on the wall for your gear, ammo, drinks, etc.

Additionally they have a "virtual range" for $40/hour (big screen + SIRT-like pistol, you move through various obstacles shooting targets). Lockers for your gun and ammo go for $20/month. There's a room for cleaning your gun (it includes solvents, oil, patches, qtips, etc). I'm not sure if the cleaning room was free for anyone or just Liberty and Caliber members. It looked like there was ample room in the classroom. Unlimited targets were something like $4/month. If you have your CCW you can carry anywhere in the building.

Memberships are good at both the Chanhassen and New Hope locations as well as any future locations. Word is they're hoping to open a new one in the south-east metro in the next couple years followed by others elsewhere in the metro.

Also, I heard they'll be having USPSA matches starting up soon.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff. Definitely check them out. They're open to the public for $20 (weekdays?) and $22 (weekends?). Best range I've ever been to and am very happy to be a member.
0x

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat