Just got kicked off the range at Bills in Robbinsdale

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re:

Postby 28_days on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:27 pm

Ivan45 wrote:Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of all the Bill's bashing. Everyone at Bill's tries very hard to provide the safest and most hospitable atmosphere possible. And to be clear, there is NO uncasing or casing anywhere but at the line, and keeping your own brass is no problem. For being a supposed "community" of enthusiasts, we sure enjoy flaming our own.

The casing/uncasing rule would work a bit better if they invested more than $5 yearly into their Circle Pines range. It's difficult to do so safely with the equipment they have in place.
Best Regards,
28_days
28_days

Re: Re:

Postby shovelheadmike on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:10 am

28_days wrote:
Ivan45 wrote:Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of all the Bill's bashing. Everyone at Bill's tries very hard to provide the safest and most hospitable atmosphere possible. And to be clear, there is NO uncasing or casing anywhere but at the line, and keeping your own brass is no problem. For being a supposed "community" of enthusiasts, we sure enjoy flaming our own.

I shoot at Bill's CP 1-2 days a week,I'm a member,was there yesterday,and they have always treated me and people I've had as guests great.I have been in line as they went over the rules with customers about uncasing ONLY at the line,keeping the barrel pointed down range,etc.and then following these same people out to the range and having them uncase BEHIND the line.It doesn't happen a lot,but I have seen it,and when I do,I'll walk over and point to the sign on the wall and REMIND them of the rules that was just explained to them 3 minutes ago. But that said,EVERY range I ever shot at I have seen the same thing,some are worse then others,but I think it's up to the RO's and us to keep everyone safe and explain if need be,to teach safe handling of weapons.

The casing/uncasing rule would work a bit better if they invested more than $5 yearly into their Circle Pines range. It's difficult to do so safely with the equipment they have in place.

Like what?...... Not sure what equipment is needed,

Greenbikemike
shovelheadmike

Re: Just got kicked off the range at Bills in Robbinsdale

Postby ijosef on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:39 pm

I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and possible the State AG's office.
http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-r ... n-14000830
http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Office/Complaint.asp

If I was in your position, I'd just tell my story and ask for the refund of my range fee. See if Bill's is willing to play ball and get the BBB complain "resolved". Keep in mind that the BBB has no teeth and that a business can just ignore them. If Bill's does that, at least they'll have a negative review with the BBB. Also hit up social media like Yelp and Google Reviews and whatnot.
ijosef

Postby shovelheadmike on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:38 am

Really? The BBB and the state AG.....that's a little overboard to me.I'd call and talk to Bill's about what the rules are,and if you don't want to play by the rules,find another place to shoot,it's that simple. I think we're lucky to have a lot of ranges and really don't want or NEED the AG involved do we? We have enough government trying to take guns away....my .02

Greenbikemike
shovelheadmike

Postby shovelheadmike on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:39 am

double post
shovelheadmike

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:19 am

shovelheadmike wrote:Really? The BBB and the state AG.....that's a little overboard to me.I'd call and talk to Bill's about what the rules are,and if you don't want to play by the rules,find another place to shoot,it's that simple. I think we're lucky to have a lot of ranges and really don't want or NEED the AG involved do we? We have enough government trying to take guns away....my .02

Greenbikemike

Yep.

Bill's facility is OK/ safe.
The occasion customer needs to be reigned in, and as discussed, some ROs are over the top.
That said, don't like it? - move along to someplace else.

They'll either figure it out, or not, but no need to drag in the nannies.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ivan45 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:15 am

Agree.
Ivan45

Postby Randygmn on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:01 pm

The last thing gun businesses need is additional government involvement. For me personally, I make my "statements" with my hard earned dollars. Bill's no longer gets any of them. I ALWAYS advise those I know to do the same. If enough folks agree that Bill's should review some of their policies, they'll feel it financially. If they don't, or do and just ignore it, then God bless em, they'll maintain their policies and folks like me will do the same.
Randygmn

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Randygmn wrote: For me personally, I make my "statements" with my hard earned dollars. Bill's no longer gets any of them. I ALWAYS advise those I know to do the same.

Don't you think they are capable of making decisions on their own? Calling for a boycott as you are doing is a little extreme. There are plenty of people here including myself who have been treated very well by Bill's.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:31 pm

We need to be cautious about eating our own, far more important battles to fight than this. I've had satisfactory experiences at Bills.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:43 pm

No doubt. Tape an aspirin to your bruised ego and move on. Maybe someone made a mistake. ........ so what........get over it..........the World is an imperfect place. Noone owes you anything. Never ceases to amaze me how we can go on and on bitch ing about something so minor as a misunderstanding or policy and all the energy that takes, but when it comes to the big stuff, the keyboard kommandos just can't get beyond a slight to put the same effort into combating those issues.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby ijosef on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:11 am

I admit that filing a complaint with the AG is a bit extreme. The BBB is not a governmental entity and has no enforcement mechanism, so that's completely different.

Obviously the first step is contacting the store/establishment and voicing one's concerns. I'm sure the dude behind the desk would have a very different story if asked. However, if OP's story is an accurate retelling of events (no offense to the OP, I just don't know him outside of this forum), I don't blame him for not wanting to just "let it go." Maybe if he calls Bill's or writes a letter, he'll get a reasonable response. Who knows? Maybe even an apology and a refund of his range fee (or voucher for a free range visit).

I've never even been to Bill's, but I don't believe they should be treated any differently than any other business simply because they deal with 2A items. If I had the same experience as the OP and was told to spin off after I voiced my complaints, I would have no problem hitting up the BBB and giving them negative reviews on the web.
ijosef

Postby RmeJu on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Half of the Bills/Robbinsdale employees are great guys. But only half. The other half are rude, and act like they're doing you a favor selling you range time, and don't feel like they owe you any respect as a customer.

The great irony here is that, of the many people who are outrageously unsafe there, I've only seen one get "talked to" in the past 10 years. It's like they have a blind eye for actual safety violations, but they're all over the rest of us.
RmeJu

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:20 pm

RmeJu wrote:Half of the Bills/Robbinsdale employees are great guys. But only half. The other half are rude, and act like they're doing you a favor selling you range time, and don't feel like they owe you any respect as a customer.

The great irony here is that, of the many people who are outrageously unsafe there, I've only seen one get "talked to" in the past 10 years. It's like they have a blind eye for actual safety violations, but they're all over the rest of us.

If it bothers you that much over the past 10 years why are you still going. Must not be bad enough for you to actually do anything.

Honestly if you had read the full string here; you would have noticed we kinda went full circle on this thread.
mmcnx2

Postby shovelheadmike on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:56 am

RmeJu wrote:Half of the Bills/Robbinsdale employees are great guys. But only half. The other half are rude, and act like they're doing you a favor selling you range time, and don't feel like they owe you any respect as a customer.

10 years.......and it's "outrageously unsafe there",so why are you there?....and they have a " blind eye" to everyone,but they[even the "great guys"?] are "all over the rest of us".......does that mean that they have talked to you about safety?,kinda sounds like it,just say'n....
I shot at a club[not naming names]and there is NO safety at all....everyone is on their own.....,we policed ourselves....but that didn't stop someone coming in behind me and start loading up....I don't go there anymore....

Greenbikemike
shovelheadmike

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat