Factory SBR Source

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Factory SBR Source

Postby crbutler on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Given that time is getting short on the sunset of the firearms trust rules, I am looking at getting a SBR.

What I want is to get a whole rifle that I do not have to mark up...

So far, I have seen Colt LE marked OEM SBR's and have seen some LWRC stuff on some sites.

Since I know there are a few gurus on this topic around here, I am looking at getting an AR or compatible type gun. While HK or such would be neat, I have no clue who sells such a thing.

So, if price is not really an object (it always is to some extent, but say its not for the purposes of discussion) who is the "best" factory whole SBR?

As an add on, if you know, who is the distributor/manufacturer to have my dealer contact to get the thing?
crbutler

Re: Factory SBR Source

Postby bpacman on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:01 pm

For quality, aesthetics, and CDI factor, I would go with Noveske.
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:20 pm

If you have a trust setup and build AR's, I'd recommend building one. The online form 1 is super easy and as far as marking you can engrave the top of the trigger area so that you'd pretty much never see it. For buying one I'd go LaRue.
Ghost

Postby Motoman on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Daniel Defense makes a factory SBR. Very good build quality. I can price one out for you if you are interested.
Mike

Osseo, MN 07/02 FFL & SOT
NRA Law Enforcement Instructor Pistol/Shotgun
MN/FL/WI/AZ Permit to Carry Instructor
Motoman

Postby UnaStamus on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:09 pm

BCM, Knights Armament, Noveske and Daniel Defense have the highest quality for factory SBRs while still having custom options. If money were no object, I'd throw the money down on a KAC. If I didn't want to throw down the insane bank for the KAC, BCM would be my next option.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 am

You could also buy a sig brace setup that cabelas and others are selling already. Sig and other name brand ready to shoot, provided you want to spend the bucks. Save you 200 bucks in extortion fees. BUT, by law, you cannot shoulder it cough don't get caught cough. I purchased a complete 308 upper from KAK industries in 10.5 inch barrel. Put the rest together. Now has a 12.5 inch barrel through KAK. After you get it, do your filing while enjoying shooting. If the jerks in washington would ever reduce that extortion fee and have a less BS paperwork requirement, I would consider filing. Until then, screw em. I changed my sig brace out for a shockwave. Lighter.
Bearcatrp

Postby striped1 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:You could also buy a sig brace setup that cabelas and others are selling already. Sig and other name brand ready to shoot, provided you want to spend the bucks. Save you 200 bucks in extortion fees. BUT, by law, you cannot shoulder it cough don't get caught cough. I purchased a complete 308 upper from KAK industries in 10.5 inch barrel. Put the rest together. Now has a 12.5 inch barrel through KAK. After you get it, do your filing while enjoying shooting. If the jerks in washington would ever reduce that extortion fee and have a less BS paperwork requirement, I would consider filing. Until then, screw em. I changed my sig brace out for a shockwave. Lighter.

Half of this is good advice, the other half is highly questionable. But to buy a pistol from a reputable manufacture like sig, file the paperwork, get it engraved and put the stock on it when your stamp comes back is about the easiest way to do it. Or get a quality lower from any of the ones previously listed, file the paperwork, get it engraved and put the upper of your choice on it when the stamp comes back is super easy too.
striped1

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Have never been questioned on doing the no no but yes, you will get burned if caught by the tax man (ATF).
Bearcatrp

Postby bummey on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 am

Aero makes factory SBRs that are cheap, good, and a solid base to build on.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/complete-rifles/sbr.html
bummey

Postby Hmac on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 pm

striped1 wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote: Or get a quality lower from any of the ones previously listed, file the paperwork, get it engraved and put the upper of your choice on it when the stamp comes back is super easy too.

This is not bad advice. Buy a 16 inch BCM rifle of your choice, or just buy a complete BCM lower ( http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BravoCo ... -s/120.htm ) and send in a Form 1 on that lower. Buy an SBR upper of your choice ( http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-12-5 ... 2%20kd.htm ) and slap it on when the stamp finally arrives.
Hmac

Postby crbutler on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 pm

As I said at the beginning, I did not want to have something I engraved, the idea was a true factory made SBR.

I did look at a few places including the ones that guys were mentioning here. Apparently, I am not the only one who wants to do this. Knights was at least 9-12 months before delivery, Noveske didn't answer the phone, but I did find a NIB Colt LE 6933 at a Law Enforcement dealer, so it looks like that is that. I don't think a colt will devalue much at all.

As to getting a pistol AR and then modding it, I already have a AR pistol for deer hunting, and it is going to stay a pistol...but now I can switch uppers between the two.
crbutler

Postby PRS on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Arnzen Arms has this in stock.

http://arnzenarms.com/product/primary-w ... iad-30-cal

They regularly stock DD, LWRC, PWS, JP, Ect….
PRS

Return to General Gun Chat