buy/sell on this forum?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: buy/sell on this forum?

Postby 28_days on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:43 pm

jvbronco wrote:I was pretty active buying and selling on this forum a couple years back. Getting back into it and it seems like a ghost town. Anything happen in the past 2 years to change the marketplace activity? Aside from Armslist, what are folks using to buy and sell?

Not that I know of.

However there are a surprising number of sellers who like to complicate the buying/selling process by requiring a PTP, PTC, or mandatory bill of sale. Kind of ironic in reality.

Armslist seems to be full of individuals who vastly overvalue their items these days as well. I suspect that will get worse as the election nears. It's going to be an interesting year.

You're best bet for deals at this point is to keep close watch on Slickguns, or a forum such as Reddit's Gun Deals.
Last edited by 28_days on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
28_days
28_days

Postby rtk on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:It was RTK's fault! Hedidit!!!

:bolt:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby jvbronco on Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 am

28_days wrote:
jvbronco wrote:You're best bet for deals at this point is to keep close watch on Slickguns, or a forum such as Reddit's Gun Deals.

appreciate it!
jvbronco

Postby yuppiejr on Mon May 02, 2016 8:02 am

The cost to put an ad here and on Armslist is exactly $0, and they are both worth using. The audience is vastly larger on Armslist and in my observation if I list the same item here and there, 80% of the time it will sell there first and typically for a higher price.

That said, I do prefer dealing with the folks here with whom I've previously traded so I like to post things here for a day or two before I hit Armslist.
yuppiejr

Postby carbide on Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 pm

28_days wrote:However there are a surprising number of sellers who like to complicate the buying/selling process by requiring a PTP, PTC, or mandatory bill of sale. Kind of ironic in reality.

Sorry if I want to cover my own ass and not sell to a felon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carbide

Postby 28_days on Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 pm

carbide wrote:
28_days wrote:However there are a surprising number of sellers who like to complicate the buying/selling process by requiring a PTP, PTC, or mandatory bill of sale. Kind of ironic in reality.

Sorry if I want to cover my own ass and not sell to a felon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? You can still be prudent without complicating the law. The irony is strong with a number of you.
Best Regards,
28_days
28_days

Postby photogpat on Wed May 11, 2016 6:39 am

28_days wrote:
Really? You can still be prudent without complicating the law. The irony is strong with a number of you.

Please explain your "prudent" method if you would.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby 28_days on Thu May 12, 2016 8:23 pm

photogpat wrote:
28_days wrote:

Please explain your "prudent" method if you would.

Prudent? Using ability to reason, common sense.

If something seems shady it likely is. I refused a sale once. Guy seemed nervous, a bit off. It didn't sit right so I didn't complete the transaction.

This doesn't get away from the fact that far too many people are the first to complain when new legislation gets enacted, or even discussed, yet complicate the law that governs what they can and can't do in regards to transactions.
Best Regards,
28_days
28_days

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat