buy/sell on this forum?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

buy/sell on this forum?

Postby jvbronco on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 pm

I was pretty active buying and selling on this forum a couple years back. Getting back into it and it seems like a ghost town. Anything happen in the past 2 years to change the marketplace activity? Aside from Armslist, what are folks using to buy and sell?
jvbronco

Re: buy/sell on this forum?

Postby karlobag on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:38 pm

This forum has always worked well for me. More qualified buyers and easy transactions. I do not use Armslist much, except if I find cheap factory ammo.
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby jvbronco on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 pm

karlobag wrote:This forum has always worked well for me. More qualified buyers and easy transactions. I do not use Armslist much, except if I find cheap factory ammo.

agreed - I just remember it being more active. There is very little activity the past week or so I've been looking around.
jvbronco

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Moderators changed the rules for selling things - what you saw in past for interaction between seller and buyer is now done by PMs.

Read the rules for the Marketplace and you will have a better understanding.

Were changes for the better - you only will have to be the judge on that issue.
OldmanFCSA

Postby UnaStamus on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 am

I would prefer being able to respond to posts when I have questions, or when I would recommend the product to someone if I already have it and help answer any questions from experience. This is a benefit when you get on other sites like SnipersHde or LightFighter, or Primary and Secondary. The once caveat is that it has to be well-regulated with restrictions that prohibit people from commenting negatively on the pricing, or bashing the product, or bashing the seller.

That being said, there's a pretty steady flow of firearms and accessories moving through the marketplace. It's working well enough, but it's just more subdued.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby my1stpistol on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:30 am

The problems I see on other forums is price bashing and negative comments on sellers posted items. I like this format myself.
my1stpistol

Postby photogpat on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:41 am

Looks like the market has spoken with its feet and took its business elsewhere.

I believe that speaks to the "changes" here well enough.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 am

It's a ghost town. I'm on this board and one national one that used to be very well populated like this one was, and moderation was never an issue. Both have pretty much withered away at the same rate. Apparently this form of communication has become archaic for reasons that I can't understand, and I can't imagine that Twitter or Instagram have really had that much to do with it. It's a mystery to me.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby rtk on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:It's a ghost town. I'm on this board and one national one that used to be very well populated like this one was, and moderation was never an issue. Both have pretty much withered away at the same rate. Apparently this form of communication has become archaic for reasons that I can't understand, and I can't imagine that Twitter or Instagram have really had that much to do with it. It's a mystery to me.

How about Facebook! :P
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby jvbronco on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:16 pm

rtk wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:It's a ghost town. I'm on this board and one national one that used to be very well populated like this one was, and moderation was never an issue. Both have pretty much withered away at the same rate. Apparently this form of communication has become archaic for reasons that I can't understand, and I can't imagine that Twitter or Instagram have really had that much to do with it. It's a mystery to me.

any facebook pages you recommend? I'm a member of lots of local buy/sell sites but don't see much gun-related activity.
jvbronco

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:03 am

rtk wrote:

Now see what you did, ya maroon!!! The n00b took your advice seriously!!!

[Benny Hill head slaps] Whappity whappity whap whap whap whappity whap whap!!! {/Benny Hill head slaps]
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby connsolo on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 am

You can try Reddit
connsolo

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:46 am

It was RTK's fault! Hedidit!!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Uffdaphil on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:43 pm

I post here once in a while to give members first shot on what I think is a good deal. But since most here check Armslist anyway and this is such a small pool, it often seems like wasted effort.

I never list on sites that allow public replies to sale threads. Too much looky-loo chatter from folks with no intention of buying, and the always endearing, lo-balling "I got my just-as-good Delton for a third what you want for your Knights, Noveske, BCM etc."
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:42 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:I post here once in a while to give members first shot on what I think is a good deal. But since most here check Armslist anyway and this is such a small pool, it often seems like wasted effort.

I never list on sites that allow public replies to sale threads. Too much looky-loo chatter from folks with no intention of buying, and the always endearing, lo-balling "I got my just-as-good Delton for a third what you want for your Knights, Noveske, BCM etc."

You have my sympathy. As the 800 lb. troll who always likes to fry n00bs and cheapskates, might I suggest
the following reply:

Well, if your cheapazz Delton is all that good, WhyTF do you even feel the need to reply to people that are selling stuff that's more expensive?? HMMMM???? The only POSSIBLE reason you could have is that your Delton is a POS and you know it, and now you're trying to lie through your store bought teeth to find somebody as dumb as you are to sell you something way better for half the difference!!! Pretty lame try, Cletus!!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Next

Return to General Gun Chat