Battle Creek Armory

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Battle Creek Armory

Postby justinvan on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Has anybody had had any experience with BCA. Have been eyeing up a couple of uppers in his shop and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with his product. Quality looks good to the untrained eye and prices were fair as well.
justinvan

Re: Battle Creek Armory

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:53 am

Never heard of them, but looks pretty interesting - especially the 458 SOCOM. In addition, the prices look pretty good. And finally, this is a local operation, so you can go over to "Ediner" and complain in person if things don't work out right. I just found out recently the kind of deep doo-doo you can wind up in with a mail order internet operation. (Separate post...) Too bad the owner will get totally overwhelmed on Nov. 8th, and things will never be the same afterwards.

I am particularly impressed with the 458 SOCOM, as this is a caliber that needs a fully customized gas system, and the BCG's don't grow on trees either. Parts iz NOT parts when you're talking about launching an African .458" 500 grain bullet out of a tiny little AR-15 upper.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:11 am

Hum... any idea if they take walk-in business? Or are they an online only shop? Might at least be able to stop by and look at it in person.
grimbeaver

Postby dragonb8 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 am

Battle creek armory will be at the gun show Sat and Sun.
I own two of his uppers and love them.
- I didn't invent the circle of life. I'm just a participant. -
dragonb8

Postby xd ED on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:50 am

grimbeaver wrote:Hum... any idea if they take walk-in business? Or are they an online only shop? Might at least be able to stop by and look at it in person.

Reading some of their comments on their Facebook page, it appears they do have retail hours, except as noted when they're at guns hows.
I'd call first.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby minnesotatv on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:03 pm

xd ED wrote:Reading some of their comments on their Facebook page, it appears they do have retail hours, except as noted when they're at guns hows.
I'd call first.

And get directions
minnesotatv

Postby xd ED on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:10 pm

minnesotatv wrote:
xd ED wrote:Reading some of their comments on their Facebook page, it appears they do have retail hours, except as noted when they're at guns hows.
I'd call first.

And get directions

Yep;

That address should be just west of 169, and North of Valley View Rd, likely in Eden Prairie, not Edina...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby justinvan on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:25 pm

I was at his shop... Sounds like he is there some hours and welcomes customers. He was gone when I called but came to meet me in a matter of minutes. Had a wide variety of AR parts ( I think more than Atomic, no disrespect). Lots of uppers he assembles as well as some factory built. Prices were pretty good to my novice eye... But I don't know what to look for in quality of assembly. He says he stands behind everything he sells/builds and test fires his uppers before sale.
justinvan

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Fella is a stand up guy and accepts returns. Very knowledgeable and wishes to see you all in his shop ;)
his tables at the gun shows are pretty well stocked too.
tenmilmag

Postby Bergie on Tue May 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Charles is a good guy- likes to teach while he is working on your stuff. He's a roll up your sleeves and get the job done kind of guy. I'm heading there this week to finish off two builds, so I can update the post later. (But I suspect I'll have nothing more to add other than good things.) He does like you to call ahead because he's a solo shop and while he is doing builds he shouldn't have to be distracted while someone wants to shop. Makes perfect sense to me.
Bergie

Return to General Gun Chat