Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:16 am

+1
Ghost

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 am

Well, the pathetic little troll has shot his wad in vain, and shows himself to be a total loser by claiming righteousness just because he owns a large, stoopid 45, and being a better shot than most of us, which ranks right up there with Hillary Clinton claiming she was fit to be POTUS. As far as the ultimate tensile strength, metal is a crystalline solid, and it's pretty easy to characterize. Polymers, OTOH, are like a bowl of spaghetti, and you can take a plain old filament of polyethylene and stretch it, and if you do it right you can wind up with something that LITERALLY has the same tensile strength as steel. One of the trade names is Spectra, and it's used to make high performance sails for racing boats. So you don't know Jack Shyte about ultimate tensile strength either. Your ONLY claim to fame was that you managed to stretch a thread out to 16 pages with some BS about a screwed up gun law, and playing on the fears of some of the members. So take your stoopid little LIQUIDUS bat and ball, and go back to whatever meaningless existence you suffer in, because you ARE a complete waste as a human being.
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:44 am

+1
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Squib Joe wrote:Did somebody just brag about owning a MK23 a/k/a one of the worst pistol ideas ever? Whoever sold him that thing must have been out of Hi-Points

I'm taking my clout off the table and calling it a night.

I want one but opted for another 1911 this year. Maybe next year's big purchase.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ironbear on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 pm

xd ED wrote:
...is a semi-automatic large-frame pistol chambered in .45 ACP. designed specifically to be an offensive pistol....
:cogitating:

Can't blame H&K for that bit of pretentiousness. The SOCOM procurement label was the Offensive Handgun Weapon System.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Ghost wrote:+1

This.
Erud

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:57 pm

My large frame SOCOM .45 caliber pistol is bigger than a MK 23, and cost more too. Then again, it also has the KE of .308 win at 100yds.

Too bad it only holds 11+1. :lol:
FJ540

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Ironbear wrote:
xd ED wrote:
...is a semi-automatic large-frame pistol chambered in .45 ACP. designed specifically to be an offensive pistol....
:cogitating:

Can't blame H&K for that bit of pretentiousness. The SOCOM procurement label was the Offensive Handgun Weapon System.

If I were a bit more ambitious and interested, I'd dig up some of the Jeff Cooper quotes about what constitutes an offensive weapon; and none were pistols.
I do recall something from him saying the M1 Abrams being a far more effective assault weapon than an AR 15, but I digress.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm

FJ540 wrote:My large frame SOCOM .45 caliber pistol is bigger than a MK 23, and cost more too. Then again, it also has the KE of .308 win at 100yds.

True but you are not as good a shot as he is. Just saying.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
FJ540 wrote:My large frame SOCOM .45 caliber pistol is bigger than a MK 23, and cost more too. Then again, it also has the KE of .308 win at 100yds.

True but you are not as good a shot as he is. Just saying.

None of us are. :roll: :lol:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby FJ540 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 am

Yeah, I'm a mere mortal. Not even a legend in my own head. :cry:

:rotf:
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:28 am

+1
Ghost

Postby Russstra on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm just doing my best to fit in here. Seems like a bunch of negative douches reside here. So I'm trying to speak in forum talk.
How about I have a good point and none of you care because you think it won't happen to you. That's what this boils down to.
Russstra

Postby Russstra on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Well, the pathetic little troll has shot his wad in vain, and shows himself to be a total loser by claiming righteousness just because he owns a large, stoopid 45, and being a better shot than most of us, which ranks right up there with Hillary Clinton claiming she was fit to be POTUS. As far as the ultimate tensile strength, metal is a crystalline solid, and it's pretty easy to characterize. Polymers, OTOH, are like a bowl of spaghetti, and you can take a plain old filament of polyethylene and stretch it, and if you do it right you can wind up with something that LITERALLY has the same tensile strength as steel. One of the trade names is Spectra, and it's used to make high performance sails for racing boats. So you don't know Jack Shyte about ultimate tensile strength either. Your ONLY claim to fame was that you managed to stretch a thread out to 16 pages with some BS about a screwed up gun law, and playing on the fears of some of the members. So take your stoopid little LIQUIDUS bat and ball, and go back to whatever meaningless existence you suffer in, because you ARE a complete waste as a human being.

You sir do not understand anything.
I am correct about the materials being used and their tensile strengths.
Russstra

Postby Russstra on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:00 pm

What did you buy?
I mentioned the Mark 23 because I'm not an anti and also not new to guns.
It still seems to be in question for some reason.
Russstra

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat