Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:27 pm

FJ540 wrote:I knew what you meant. ;) I still bet he puts more time here than those who aren't argumentitive. Remember when we used to hang out here and have fun? Anyway...

The argument to have the law enforced is actually a means to get it repealed. I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but only when you display how many infractions have occurred and how no one's inherent safety has been violated can you say with certainty that it's a bad law and to just flush it.

Sorry that is complete b.s.. AR s would be banned as would glocks. If you think that the law passed to correct this is more than exempting Leos you are crazy.
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:14 pm

If it's a safety issue, then you can't exempt anyone!
FJ540

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:08 am

Russstra wrote:Thank you. That's exactly correct. Also to the melting issue. How do you think they do custom stiple on glocks? It **** melts it. How hard is that to understand? I'm not trying to outlaw any guns. I'm saying less should be illegal

Just "melting" isn't sufficient. Liquidous is the key. Still waiting for that link to Glocks becoming liquid.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:03 am

Injection molding point for nylon is around 660F. Well below that of zinc.

Give me a poly framed gun to use for demonstration and I'll melt it in my home oven. If it'll survive, you have no risk to your gun. :mrgreen:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:11 am

Dupont's nylon moulding data is lower yet, between 400-500F. But melting beads into liquid to inject probably doesn't meet your definition, does it Larry? :razz:

Any way you slice it, this is a poorly written law meant to make cheap guns hard to buy and had nothing to do with consumer safety.
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:03 am

FJ540 wrote:Any way you slice it, this is a poorly written law meant to make cheap guns hard to buy and had nothing to do with consumer safety.

Agree, I don't think there's a single gun law out there that's geared towards safety. This one is meant to keep cheap guns off the streets, period.
Ghost

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:32 am

Yet we have $160 .45 HiPoint's and can't buy a .22lr for $230.

The law needs to go. How expensive is Cornish's introducing a bill? He's your prize pony for gun rights, so he should take the bill with vigor, right? (I won't hold my breath waiting)
FJ540

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:53 pm

IMO, the time to take down a bad law is when they decide to enforce it. Activism for its own sake is time consuming resource consuming and in case you haven't noticed, there are other priorities to get handled. This whole thread is a waste of time debating an inert law that isn't in play. If it Should it be cited as a reason to ban or confiscate a legitimate category of weapons, by all means, gloves off to fight it. Until then, focus on more pressing legislative priorities.

I'm not convinced that this entire concept isn't a trolling attempt. Far from an attempt, it has been successful. Stop feeding the troll.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:57 pm

FJ540 wrote:Dupont's nylon moulding data is lower yet, between 400-500F. But melting beads into liquid to inject probably doesn't meet your definition, does it Larry? :razz:

Any way you slice it, this is a poorly written law meant to make cheap guns hard to buy and had nothing to do with consumer safety.

Which handgun is made of nylon that would fall under this law?
LarryFlew

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:16 pm

LarryFlew wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Dupont's nylon moulding data is lower yet, between 400-500F. But melting beads into liquid to inject probably doesn't meet your definition, does it Larry? :razz:

Which handgun is made of nylon that would fall under this law?

Every poly frame out there. Glock, XD, M&P, Sig, H&K. I could be lumping some in incorrectly, but Glock is well known to be a Nylon 6 formulation.

Only guns being enforced (dealers refusing to import them into our state) are zinc alloyed - the cheap .22s.
FJ540

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 pm

thought they where a thermoset nylon 6 compound which means they would never become liquidous a second time, ??????
LarryFlew

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Well, I have a challenge out there to anybody who says that "it's well known that Glocks and other plastic guns are Nylon 6" : Let's see one PUBLISHED literature reference that identifies what plastic a Glock is made of, WITH data and citations. The patent literature is COMPLETELY mute on any details, and apparently it's possible to be a "Glock lifer" without having EVER entered the Glock manufacturing facility. And no, crap off the internet doesn't count.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby ttousi on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Well, I have a challenge out there to anybody who says that "it's well known that Glocks and other plastic guns are Nylon 6" : Let's see one PUBLISHED literature reference that identifies what plastic a Glock is made of, WITH data and citations. The patent literature is COMPLETELY mute on any details, and apparently it's possible to be a "Glock lifer" without having EVER entered the Glock manufacturing facility. And no, crap off the internet doesn't count.

found it!!!!!!

Glock pistols are composed of Nylon 666-g14 Crosslinked polymers which are covalently bonded to form macromolecular structurally high tensile material with the strength composed of multiple repeating units.

The process is known to utilize isoprenylated/lipid-modified glycoproteins, where small lipidic molecules and oligosaccharide modifications occur on the polyamide backbone of the protein which in turn creates polysaccharides. These polysaccharides are the basis for molecular changes that occur in the manufacture of the liquidious sub component of the radicalized free proton globouski which combined with the secret crosslink substrate form the finished product. This process is completed at the temperature of 250 degrees Celsius in a vacuumnized vessel made of unobtainiam

The chemical make up is as closely guarded as the original Coke formula. I called in a lot of favors to get this much
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Sam, put your giant wallet where your big yap is and donate a gun to my challenge. If it's not Nylon 6 (or some other variant) then you have NO RISK! ;) Hell, we can send it for lab testing after it's turned into a puddle. :lol:

Glocks are very much thermoform, not thermoset. Any stipling wouldn't work if it was thermoset, yet you can weld to it if you screw it up.

I'll video the whole thing, of course, and put it on Youtube. :mrgreen:
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 pm

One cleaning cycle and your Glock's gonna be screaming 911. :didntdoit:
FJ540

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat