A question about buying in Wisconsin.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Hansj3 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:25 pm

So it's been a while since I had tried to buy a rifle in Wisconsin, but I seem to remember that it was possible.

I went to the Hudson Walmart, ready to buy a new shotgun, and they seem to be the only Walmart that will carry the Hatfield 12 GA semi auto. I was ready to buy, but at the last second the kid stops and asks what state I live in.

After I tell him he goes on a rant about how I can't buy it because I don't live in Wisconsin.
It's strange because I remember buying a .22 there a while ago and a buddy bought a handgun from bills.

Was the kid right? Or was it Walmarts policy? Or was he being lazy?
Hansj3

Postby george on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 pm

The Wal-Mart policy is not to sell out of state now. I don't know what happened but the ones I have purchased from in Ia. have gone the same way.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Prepared4Survival on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes that's a Wal-Mart policy. You should be able to buy a long gun or shotgun in most other states without issue. The issue is with handguns and AR-15 style guns. I don't think your buddy if from MN bought a handgun from Bills in Hudson without "it going to" MN. That's is my understanding/experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prepared4Survival

Re: A question about buying in Wisconsin.

Postby cs tunes on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 am

That must be a fairly new policy? I did exactly what you are trying to do for a shotgun from that same WM about 3 years ago and did so without a problem.
cs tunes

Postby george on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm

They also won't sell to a out of state FFL, nor ship to a out of state FFL, nor let a out of state FFL pick up for the buyer they won't sell to. I'm guessing it is beyond the kids ability to keep from screwing up the books.
( entry level help )

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby onebohemian on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:22 pm

I would think the walmart in cambridge could order you whatever gun walmart has in its national stock. Worth asking the gun dept. there. Good luck,
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:20 pm

onebohemian wrote:I would think the walmart in cambridge could order you whatever gun walmart has in its national stock. Worth asking the gun dept. there. Good luck,

This. They used to be able to order in anything in the catalogue they kept at the sporting goods counter. Elk river wm did this for me last. I would think if one could get it any could. That is how wm is built. The key is to talk to the manager of the sporting goods area.
Holland&Holland

Return to General Gun Chat