Ammo hoarding

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Ammo hoarding

Postby hopkins on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:22 am

How many of youse guys have had a gander at Cat # 1701 from Cheaper Than Dirt?
They have 18 pages of ammo for sale. These guys must be where all the ammo has been disappearing to. They are selling from standard boxes to lots of 5000 rounds. And their prices do not reflect any savings.
hopkins

Re: Ammo hoarding

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 am

Lets hope they chock on it when no one buys it!
Bearcatrp

Postby MJY65 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:55 am

I'm sure they bought big in anticipation of Hillary's inevitable win and the resulting panic buying.

If I recall correctly, these were the same scalping dirtbags that were selling Pmags for $50 in one of the previous panic cycles.

ETA: The screenshots below show that it was even worse than I remembered.
Last edited by MJY65 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 am

Not high on my list of places to shop
Ghost

Postby karlobag on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:33 am

Ghost - Nice screen capture! +1 on that!
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Ammo hoarding

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:40 am

I am amazed that they stayed in business after what they did
gun_fan111v2

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:58 am

Ahhhh, I got better things to get worked up about. These douchbags have screwed themselves, and ammo prices ain't gonna budge for 4 years. If Trump has his crazy way, they may bring Charlton Heston back to life and make him a Supreme Court Justice. Can I get a HOO-RAH from the congregation??? About the only redeeming thing with cheaper than dirt is they have a few small things that are priced so low you can't pass them up. Case in point:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.net/product/voodoo-pistol-magazine-pouch-coyote-783377012400.do?green=optout

Seeing as I now have TWO hicap 45's, and this is a very rare mag size, getting mag pouches is a PITA. These were cheap, and when I upped the number I was going to buy they dropped the price below $4! So I bought about six of these. Total price was like $22... :o So they got millions of dollars in inventory at whatever full wholesale cost is, and they're going to have to EAT every bit of that inventory, and pretty damn fast too. Borrowed money is like a leak in your own finances, and the longer they wait, the lower the price they have to sell it at to make all that ammo GTFO.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby MJY65 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:02 am

Seismic Sam wrote: These douchbags have screwed themselves, and ammo prices ain't gonna budge for 4 years. If Trump has his crazy way, they may bring Charlton Heston back to life and make him a Supreme Court Justice. Can I get a HOO-RAH from the congregation???

Think of how different we'd be feeling about ammo supplies the day after a shooting if we were 2 weeks away from President Clinton.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:04 am

I speak with my wallet and I never order from crap ton of dicks.
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:19 am

I have been on full boycott, where I will remain forever, since the fallout of Sandy Hook. I had actually used them a few times beforehand. So, they've actually lost a customer. And of course, when it comes to online purchasing, I've told everyone I know.
Randygmn

Postby FJ540 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 am

Randygmn wrote:I have been on full boycott, where I will remain forever, since the fallout of Sandy Hook. I had actually used them a few times beforehand. So, they've actually lost a customer. And of course, when it comes to online purchasing, I've told everyone I know.

I don't even look at their site. No clicks from me, much less $$$.

I used to buy from them too. No more.
FJ540

Postby linksep on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 am

I'm pretty sure they are just a middle-man. "Warehouse A" is probably "ABC Supplier", "Warehouse B" is "XYZ Supplier", etc. When you purchase an item from CTD they immediately use your money to create a purchase order from "ABC Supplier" and have ABC Supplier drop-ship the item direct to you. I bet they don't have $1 worth of actual owned inventory.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Uffdaphil on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Dick's and Dirt - tied for #1 of my no-to-to places.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby LarryP on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:18 pm

What did they do?

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I am amazed that they stayed in business after what they did
LarryP

Postby xd ED on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:45 pm

LarryP wrote:What did they do?

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I am amazed that they stayed in business after what they did

Apparently, this is not the first time they did something like this (from what I infer from online comments).

EDITORIAL: And so the shooting world says ‘Good riddance’ to Cheaper than Dirt - Guns.com

Cheaper than Dirt has, for no particular stated reason, halted online sales of guns. The company will maintain its brick and mortar retail presence in McKinney, Texas, but yesterday posted these messages on their Facebook page.

“Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.”

This, a few days after the Sandy Hook shooting.
Bought a few rifles from them in the past, but never again after that.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to General Gun Chat