Magazine disconnects

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Magazine disconnects

Postby goalie on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:06 pm

I won't ever open carry, but, if I did, I would want one on my gun.

And a retention holster.

And more retention training.

YMMV, but I like the idea of being able to drop the mag if the gun gets out of my holster in a snatch attempt and go on immediately to other things (Americana arm bar comes to mind, or some chokes) while giving up possession of the now-inert brick.

But, since I won't open-carry, it's a moot point....

(Edit: I think the odds of me getting into a bad situation because I couldn't shoot for a second or two while reloading AFTER 17 OR 18 ROUNDS ARE ALREADY FIRED is less likely than finding yourself in a snatch situation as an open carrier.)
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:57 pm

goalie wrote:But, since I won't open-carry, it's a moot point....

(Edit: I think the odds of me getting into a bad situation because I couldn't shoot for a second or two while reloading AFTER 17 OR 18 ROUNDS ARE ALREADY FIRED is less likely than finding yourself in a snatch situation as an open carrier.)

I use to open carry or wear a jacket over it but would print easily.

I no longer open carry, but do carry quite often.

Some of my beliefs have changed as I got older, most for the better for the safety of my wife and I while traveling away from home.
OldmanFCSA

Postby 2in2out on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:31 pm

usnret wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:I had seriously been considering the Ruger SR9c, but passed due to the disconnect. However there are a few YouTube videos that show how to remove them I believe.

I would be very careful on which YouTube and who's YouTube video you watch and believe. There are an awful lot of self proclaimed experts (idiots) on YouTube.

Ya but it's not difficult. No mag disconnect on my SR9 full-size, works just fine. Ruger Forum is a good source for that info.

I like youtube for for stuff like that, and have learned a lot that way. Video quality can suck, actual value of the information can vary significantly, but it's still a good source. I wouldn't discount it, just because the idiotic videos are intermingled with the good ones.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat