Youtube demonetizing gun-related content providers?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Youtube demonetizing gun-related content providers?

Postby 2in2out on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm getting the inkling that Youtube/Google is clamping down on gun-related content providers by demonetizing them. This would apply to some like IV8888, 22Plinkster and NFA Review, because they use ad revenue. Others, like Forgotten Weapons use Patrean for funding, and bypass Youtube's stupid monetizing rules.

I'm mainly a video consumer, because any of the videos I post are not monetized anyway. But, it concerns me a little bit from an access point of view, and whether we will start seeing some of the better video providers disappear or find other ways of posting videos. Anybody know anything about that?
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Re: Youtube demonetizing gun-related content providers?

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Seems that this is how newer better things are created
Ghost

Postby UnaStamus on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 pm

If you guys aren't watching videos on Full30.com, you should be. That is a gun/outdoor video site. Dave Timm from Learning Firearms/Guns&Tactics has a video page over there, along with all the other regulars like IV8888, Military Arms Channel, etc. YouTube is still hosting stuff, and that's not going to stop anything soon, but I could see some of their sponsors asking to not have their products advertised on gun channels/videos.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Pat Cannon on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 am

UnaStamus wrote:If you guys aren't watching videos on Full30.com, you should be. That is a gun/outdoor video site. Dave Timm from Learning Firearms/Guns&Tactics has a video page over there, along with all the other regulars like IV8888, Military Arms Channel, etc. YouTube is still hosting stuff, and that's not going to stop anything soon, but I could see some of their sponsors asking to not have their products advertised on gun channels/videos.

Full30.com is pretty cool, thanks for the heads up!
Pat Cannon

Postby PileDriver on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am

Full30 is a place I would be willing to pay for ad free content... But then again I actually enjoy their ads. :lol:
PileDriver

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 am

UnaStamus wrote:If you guys aren't watching videos on Full30.com, you should be. That is a gun/outdoor video site. Dave Timm from Learning Firearms/Guns&Tactics has a video page over there, along with all the other regulars like IV8888, Military Arms Channel, etc. YouTube is still hosting stuff, and that's not going to stop anything soon, but I could see some of their sponsors asking to not have their products advertised on gun channels/videos.

Never heard of it
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:43 am

I just can't get into full30 for some reason... I don't like the layout, I find it hard to navigate for some reason, maybe I'm just too used to YouTube...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Dave Timm on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Scratch wrote:I just can't get into full30 for some reason... I don't like the layout, I find it hard to navigate for some reason, maybe I'm just too used to YouTube...

I get that, I have a channel there and am not in love with the layout. I've given some feedback to the admin, we will see if they update it in the future. I want Full30 to be more inviting.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
Timm Arms Co.
Firearms and NFA Sales & Transfers, Gunsmith & Armorer Services
http://www.timmarms.com
Dave Timm

Postby 2in2out on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:56 am

I like Full30 and try to watch content there as regularly as I can. Enjoy your videos, Dave!

One of the cool things about Full30 is the video quality. One of the downsides is that it's a bit difficult to find the content you're interested in. If one of my subscribed channels posts a video but I don't get back to it for a few days, it gets buried and I'll miss it. That's somewhat true on Youtube, but I do think it's easier to find stuff there.

According to quite a few Youtubers, it seems that there's quite a backstory on the whole advertisers/demonetizing thing. Sounds like advertisers are going "Politically Correct" and pulling ad revenue. That's what is prompting the actions by Google. Maybe that's true, or maybe not - I don't know. But, I think there's a storm brewing.

Full30 may be in a position to take advantage of that, just as it appears to be having its own troubles.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to General Gun Chat