Midway Letter to CA Customer

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Midway Letter to CA Customer

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:26 am

I just read and copied this posting on another forum I am on. It is just another reason I'm thankful I don't live in California, aka: Kommiefornia

Dear CHRIS,
You are being alerted to upcoming changes which will affect the terms of service on your MidwayUSA account.

On November 8, 2016, the State of California passed Proposition 63, also known as the Safety For All Act. This wide sweeping legislation resulted in several changes to California laws regarding guns and ammunition.

While the Safety for All Act changes many things, most importantly to you as a MidwayUSA Customer, it makes the sale of ammunition via the internet, to any individual who does not possess an FFL or other legally documented exception to the law, illegal as of January 1, 2018.

All California ammunition transactions, to private individuals, without legal exceptions, occurring on or after January 1, 2018 must happen face to face. Therefore, on December 24th, 2017 MidwayUSA will no longer be able to ship ammunition to you without a valid FFL license in California. The December 24th date allows enough time for delivery of ammunition, from our shipping facility, to our California Customers before the law takes effect.

While there are other documented exceptions to this law, MidwayUSA is currently unable to manage exceptions beyond a valid FFL. If you are an FFL holder, please check to make sure we have your valid FFL on file at MidwayUSA to prevent any delays in your shipment.

If we can be of assistance with your ammunition purchases between now and December 25, 2017, we would be honored serve you.

Sincerely,
MidwayUSA
Customer Service
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Midway Letter to CA Customer

Postby Randygmn on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 am

This is the time for Cali residents to buy in bulk. Might even be worth going in to do debt for a little while. Buying 10,000 rounds for each owned caliber, and reloading equipment/supplies to surpass those numbers would be my main objective.
Randygmn

Postby Tom S on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:49 am

New guy question...

How long of a shelf life does factory made or home made ammo have?
Tom S

Postby MJY65 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:55 am

Tom S wrote:New guy question...

Somewhere between many decades (at least) and indefinite if kept cool and dry. No ammo you purchased as an adult will be "bad" before your own time expires.
MJY65

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 am

Expires about the 12th of never. shot quite a bit of WW2 ammo a few years ago without a problem.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am

LarryFlew wrote:

Expires about the 12th of never. shot quite a bit of WW2 ammo a few years ago without a problem.

Now was that really authentic WW2 ammo or just dirty reloads that had been put in an environment by a professional "smithie" to make it look like WW2 ammo?
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Now was that really authentic WW2 ammo or just dirty reloads that had been put in an environment by a professional "smithie" to make it look like WW2 ammo?

Ding ding ding ding....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Erud on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:55 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
LarryFlew wrote:

He's a fraud, let's get him!!! :angryvillagers:
Erud

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:38 am

It's original ammo, WITH the primer crimped or sealed into place, and the brass had the dark patina of decades of age on it. I stopped finding RA42 cases like this only about 3 years ago at Oakdale. If an original case is reused but not cleaned it will still have the obvious smoke marks around the case mouth from being recently fired. If an original case IS cleaned, then it will show unmistakable signs of being tumbled, cleaned and/or shined.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Date codes where all B4 1945. Most was 30-06 )still have some of the brass if anyone wants it), some others that I did not keep the brass.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby FJ540 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
LarryFlew wrote:

What are you worried about? Anyone could tell handloads that were assembled from period correct components and it would be cheaper to just buy the surplus stuff anyway.
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:It's original ammo, WITH the primer crimped or sealed into place, and the brass had the dark patina of decades of age on it. I stopped finding RA42 cases like this only about 3 years ago at Oakdale. If an original case is reused but not cleaned it will still have the obvious smoke marks around the case mouth from being recently fired. If an original case IS cleaned, then it will show unmistakable signs of being tumbled, cleaned and/or shined.

I bet someone knows a guy who can make all that happen. Maybe you should start a screen name used just for finding that kind of person and never post more than 10 times per site to be sure no one figures out it's you.
FJ540

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 pm

What's a smithie? And where did the OP g o? :)
tenmilmag

Postby hopkins on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

I still have 7mm headstamped dmw 39 and some prewar 6.5 Jap. It is out there but generally only available from folks that do not know just what they have. I bought the german stuff from a regular dealer in the 80's who was just cleaning out the rafters. I got a bucket of the Jap when I bought the Arisaka, at an auction in 82.
hopkins

Postby 2in2out on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 am

Randygmn wrote:This is the time for Cali residents to buy in bulk. Might even be worth going in to do debt for a little while. Buying 10,000 rounds for each owned caliber, and reloading equipment/supplies to surpass those numbers would be my main objective.

I definitely would do that.

The politics in CA is toxic. I wonder how much worse it will get before people won't take it any more.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Next

Return to General Gun Chat