Midway Letter to CA Customer

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Midway Letter to CA Customer

Postby FJ540 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Just start smuggling it. It's only a crime for them to import the stuff, not for us free stater's to send it. Are they really going to x-ray all the ORM-D boxes that enter the state? Same sticker goes on aerosol paint.
FJ540

Postby ex-LT on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 am

BigDog58 wrote:I just read and copied this posting on another forum I am on. It is just another reason I'm thankful I don't live in California, aka: Kommiefornia

Dear CHRIS,
You are being alerted to upcoming changes which will affect the terms of service on your MidwayUSA account.

On November 8, 2016, the State of California passed Proposition 63, also known as the Safety For All Act. This wide sweeping legislation resulted in several changes to California laws regarding guns and ammunition.

While the Safety for All Act changes many things, most importantly to you as a MidwayUSA Customer, it makes the sale of ammunition via the internet, to any individual who does not possess an FFL or other legally documented exception to the law, illegal as of January 1, 2018.

All California ammunition transactions, to private individuals, without legal exceptions, occurring on or after January 1, 2018 must happen face to face. Therefore, on December 24th, 2017 MidwayUSA will no longer be able to ship ammunition to you without a valid FFL license in California. The December 24th date allows enough time for delivery of ammunition, from our shipping facility, to our California Customers before the law takes effect.

While there are other documented exceptions to this law, MidwayUSA is currently unable to manage exceptions beyond a valid FFL. If you are an FFL holder, please check to make sure we have your valid FFL on file at MidwayUSA to prevent any delays in your shipment.

If we can be of assistance with your ammunition purchases between now and December 25, 2017, we would be honored serve you.

Sincerely,
MidwayUSA
Customer Service

This really isn't new. IIRC, you can't purchase ammunition online if you're a resident of Illinois or New York. What's really surprising is that Kalifornia took this long to prohibit online ammunition purchases by residents.

If I had the financial wherewithal, I'd open an ammunition store just across the Kalifornia border in OR, AZ, or NV. I'm willing to bet I could make a small fortune selling to people willing to drive an hour or so to buy ammunition without having to go through a background check.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 am

ex-LT wrote:This really isn't new. IIRC, you can't purchase ammunition online if you're a resident of Illinois or New York. What's really surprising is that Kalifornia took this long to prohibit online ammunition purchases by residents.

If I had the financial wherewithal, I'd open an ammunition store just across the Kalifornia border in OR, AZ, or NV. I'm willing to bet I could make a small fortune selling to people willing to drive an hour or so to buy ammunition without having to go through a background check.

Kind of sounds like a Wisconsin fireworks shop
Ghost

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:07 am

Ghost wrote:
ex-LT wrote:This really isn't new. IIRC, you can't purchase ammunition online if you're a resident of Illinois or New York. What's really surprising is that Kalifornia took this long to prohibit online ammunition purchases by residents.

Or Sunday alcohol sales until July 1st.
OldmanFCSA

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 am

Ghost wrote:

Except it would be 3 - 5 hrs for anything other than OR for a major population center in CA to the border.

Dates California gun laws take effect

Theft/loss reporting
When it becomes a crime to falsely report a firearm has been lost or stolen Jan. 1

Start date for requirement that theft or loss of a firearm must be reported to law enforcement within five days July 1

Lending firearms
When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to loan guns to anyone outside of immediate family members Jan. 1

Large-capacity magazine restrictions
When it becomes illegal, with limited exceptions, to possess magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds July 1

Assault weapon restrictions
Start date for the new definition of “assault weapon” Jan. 1

Deadline to register a newly designated assault weapon with the state Dec. 31, 2017

Restrictions on home-built “ghost guns” and guns without serial numbers
Start date for requirement that you get state permission before manufacturing or assembling a firearm July 1, 2018

Deadline to place a serial number on any unmarked firearm possessed after July 1, 2018 Dec. 31, 2018

Ammunition restrictions
Start date for requirement that ammunition sales or transfers be conducted through a licensed ammunition vendor Jan. 1, 2018

When you no longer can import ammunition bought outside the state without first shipping it to a licensed vendor Jan. 1, 2018

Start date for requirement that Californians undergo background checks to buy ammunition July 1, 2019

Handgun storage law
Start date for requirement that handguns be stored in a locked container or locked trunk when left in an unattended vehicle Jan. 1

Sources: Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Legislative Analyst’s Office, California legal codes.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/califo ... rylink=cpy
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:42 am

Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:59 am

I think I need to let my BIL who now lives in Kalifornia know that he may want to stock up now since his retail options in the LA area seem to be more expensive than Mail Order. Thanks for posting this.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I think I need to let my BIL who now lives in Kalifornia know that he may want to stock up now since his retail options in the LA area seem to be more expensive than Mail Order. Thanks for posting this.

Oh if he is a gun guy he knows - it is big news out in Southern CA anyway, my brother lives there and he says it is well published. Supposedly also a crime to import it
without a it registered. So you go out of state and buy you will have to have proof of having it registered if questioned about it. I am usure if this is correct or not!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby FJ540 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm

wasfuzz wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I think I need to let my BIL who now lives in Kalifornia know that he may want to stock up now since his retail options in the LA area seem to be more expensive than Mail Order. Thanks for posting this.

Oh if he is a gun guy he knows - it is big news out in Southern CA anyway, my brother lives there and he says it is well published. Supposedly also a crime to import it
without a it registered. So you go out of state and buy you will have to have proof of having it registered if questioned about it. I am usure if this is correct or not!

Perfect case for jury nullification. The question is can you find 12 people in the jury pool in that god forsaken place who can still think for themselves?
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-20/california-issues-125bn-bonds-bullet-train-despite-trump-threat-withhold-federal-fun
California Issues $1.25BN In Bonds For 'Bullet Train' Despite Trump Threat To Withhold Federal Funds

At least we know the real reason it's a bullet train
Ghost

Postby gdubya on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 am

Seems like an FFL holder could engage a good lawyer to specifically work around this and just charge a couple bucks markup for the transfer, just like a firearm but without the overhead of a 4473 and BG check.
gdubya

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat