NRA Carry Guard

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

NRA Carry Guard

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Received the teaser ad as an over jacket on my American Hunter magazine. I looked at the Website and I guess I don't really get the whole thing. Seems like most everything is an add on cost, but for the basic cost you get access to some insurance and access to other areas that will cost you more, but they are pre-vetted services.

https://www.nracarryguard.com/membership/

Anyone look further into this or are a member? General thoughts from some of the more experienced members here.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

NRA Carry Guard

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks for posting this. What are you seeing as add-on costs? The only one I have seen after browsing for a few mins is attending a training class.
gun_fan111v2

Re: NRA Carry Guard

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 pm

This looks like an add on:

IMMEDIATE ACCESS AS NEEDED TO SUPPLEMENTARY PAYMENTS FOR:
Bail, bonds, legal retainer fees, legal, referrals, lawful firearm replacement, compensation while in court, psychological support and clean-up costs.

Which is where your costs are going to be if you are ever involved in an incident or is it included in:

$250,000 OF CIVIL PROTECTION WITH $50,000 IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE

I'm also wondering if having this protection would be used against you since "only someone who wanted to shoot another person would have that kind of insurance".

Would this mean that you would have the full resources of the NRA at your disposal?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby jgalt on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm

There are a number of other carry insurance providers out there as well, and have been for years. Just do a search for "concealed carry insurance" for a better idea...
jgalt

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 pm

There's a bit of a commotion right now because the NRA just told the USCCA that they weren't allowed to exhibit at the convention. The USCCA does the same thing as this. NRA minimizing the effectiveness of their new self made competition.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Ghost wrote:There's a bit of a commotion right now because the NRA just told the USCCA that they weren't allowed to exhibit at the convention. The USCCA does the same thing as this. NRA minimizing the effectiveness of their new self made competition.

You mean the NRA convention right?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:There's a bit of a commotion right now because the NRA just told the USCCA that they weren't allowed to exhibit at the convention. The USCCA does the same thing as this. NRA minimizing the effectiveness of their new self made competition.

Yes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ammoland.com/2017/04/nra-boots-uscca-annual-meeting-launches-competitive-insurance-products/amp/
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Yes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ammoland.com/2017/04/nra-boots-uscca-annual-meeting-launches-competitive-insurance-products/amp/

Let me rephrase. You mean the NRA convention right?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Let me rephrase. You mean the NRA convention right?

I get that
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:51 pm

I see they are giving out some USCCA shirts at the friends of the NRA event in Lakeville tonight.
Ghost

Postby IDPA Shooter on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Second Call Defense was also disinvited less than 2 weeks before the convention. Sean Maloney is it's founder and a member of the NRA’s board. I think he may also be an attorney, FWIW...

Their convention but show a little class, advise them before flights and hotels are booked, booth materials and supplies shipped.

USCCA has always supported the NRA, their prez and other staff are attending as individuals.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby warrlac on Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Should the insurance ever be necessary, I would think you would want the best (Gold) coverage.

I was thinking about enrolling until I looked at the cost. $360/year to me felt like a pretty high premium. The cheapest is Bronze at $155/year, but (like auto liability/medical insurance) $250K might not suffice if you really needed a strong defense.

Has anyone compared premiums from other insurers? When I was pricing the cost to insure my guns I found that the NRA's program was competitive...

Certainly would be nice to have if you carry a lot.
warrlac

Postby IDPA Shooter on Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm

It would also be good to get the defense funds up front, not after you found not guilty. NRA Carry is reimbursement after the fact defense costs after the initial bail and retainer cost. USCCA and Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network pay for attorney fees and expert testimony as it happens. Since I do not have 10s of thousands to prefund my defense I like them paying, rather than me

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby Drizzle on Tue May 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Same sort of thing as Life Lock, and probably about as useful.
Drizzle

Return to General Gun Chat