What laws relate to where your bullets go?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: What laws relate to where your bullets go?

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 pm

ttousi wrote:caution....DNR regs....motor vehicle..........loaded long gun....CHAINSAW....LEATHER GOALIE MASK
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

also: Image
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Tue May 09, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby FJ540 on Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Discovery of what? I haven't threatened anyone. I haven't disclosed anything which isn't already public knowledge elsewhere online (I don't post land stuff here because some people seemed to think I was gloating when I started asking questions back in 2011 and weren't helpful). My trouble with these various families is well known, and the deputies are starting to figure it out that it's not my own doing. Even the town board is getting tired of their constant attempts at harassing me over non-issues.

I don't bother anyone up there. Hell, I don't even talk to those people.
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:
ttousi wrote:caution....DNR regs....motor vehicle..........loaded long gun....CHAINSAW....LEATHER GOALIE MASK
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

also: Image

Normally it's 2 chainsaws, no rifle, and no masks. I'm not a coward like these people who hide behind other people to harass me. ;)

FJ540

Postby ttousi on Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 pm

What else would you expect from SS
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 pm

ttousi wrote:FWIW

Over the past 15years every CO I’ve had speaking at FAS classes specifically states a motor vehicle is anything powered by a motor or being pulled (ie trailer) including farm tractors.
Seems to be borne out by MN 169.011

MN 169.011 DEFINITIONS
Subd. 42.Motor vehicle.
"Motor vehicle" means every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires. Motor vehicle does not include an electric personal assistive mobility device or a vehicle moved solely by human power.

Does not matter whether it is private or public land.

Additionally if it’s uncased and you say you are hunting it best be during a season that is open and you have license for. The CO’s have cautioned that it does not apply year round.
While 624 .7181 states you can carry a loaded long gun in public it does not apply to a motor vehicle

2016 Minnesota Hunting Regulations
GENERAL HUNTING INFORMATION
The following are general hunting regulations. Regulations for specific
game species follow:
HOW DO I LEGALLY TRANSPORT MY FIREARM?
A person may not transport a firearm, including a handgun, in or on a
motor vehicle unless the firearm is:
• unloaded* and fastened in a case so that no part of the firearm is
exposed (a holster is not a legal case);
• unloaded* and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle; or
• carried under a permit to carry a pistol or handgun.

Under the following circumstances, a person may transport unloaded,
uncased firearms (excluding pistols) in a motor vehicle, including ATVs:
• while at a shooting range with permission
while lawfully hunting on private or public land or while travelling to
or from a site the person intends to hunt or trap or has lawfully hunted
that day.

YMMV

ETA Good idea
I'll bring an AR pistol up just to be on the kosher side of the law regardless.

How about coyotes? They are open year round and are routinely hunted with ARs.
Holland&Holland

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm

I had a 12 gage shotgun loaded with deer slugs and #00 Buck in my logging equipment when logging in Bayfield County Wisconsin, The DNR didn't like it but did not pursue it after other loggers stated they were having trouble with bears coming out of hibernation early in Spring and HUNGRY.

A chainsaw works good for defense but letting them get that close is scary.
OldmanFCSA

Postby FJ540 on Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
How about coyotes? They are open year round and are routinely hunted with ARs.

Yote's and feral dogs are the biggest issue we have in my area. Ferals are so bad, our (recently retired) CO was known to call everything with 4 legs a "nice coyote". They pack up with free-ranged pets during the day and cause a lot of trouble for fawning does.

As was noted, the windowed pmag is evidence that AR was not loaded at the time of that photo. :) Now I know I need to be careful about keeping it that way when I'm not actively shooting it.
FJ540

Postby Squib Joe on Tue May 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Put out a tempting target on your land within eyesight of their firing point ....

.... and also a camera or two on days you might think it likely they'll do some shooting, as previously suggested. Zoom in on the same area.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby FJ540 on Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 am

While that's crossed my mind, Joe, I've been more tempted to mess with their heads and put up a "for sale" sign and get their hopes up only to crush them when they discover the ruse. :goofydance: I have a realtor buddy who might be game to do it too. :cogitating:

The reality is I don't spend much mental energy on any of those idiots unless stuff like this happens. I'm just doing my thing, trying to see my dream of a secluded home in the woods to reality. The Mrs. has fully embraced the concept and she too looks forward to watching nature outside instead of praying the 75yr olds across the fence closed their bathroom curtains first thing in the morning when she's making her coffee. We're just not meant to be city people.
FJ540

Postby Randygmn on Wed May 10, 2017 6:56 am

Please delete this previous post (which is why I didn't quote it). Smh. "Unwilling participant". Don't contribute to what may turn out to be a dangerous situation. In fact- I'd ask the mods to delete the entire thread.
Randygmn

Postby xd ED on Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 am

"...watching nature outside instead of praying the 75yr olds across the fence closed their bathroom curtains first thing in the morning when she's making her coffee. We're just not meant to be city people...."

Right there is a line for a CW tune... :goofydance:

Good Luck
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 am

If the POPO can't get it done for you, I believe being out there shooting you own targets, using a "friend's" 50 BMG might get their immediate attention. 800 gr projectiles at approx 2800 fps flying overhead, make one helluva report from the sonic boom. Now, you just need to locate a "friend" that likes to target shoot :gun:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby FJ540 on Wed May 10, 2017 10:29 am

BigDog58 wrote:If the POPO can't get it done for you, I believe being out there shooting you own targets, using a "friend's" 50 BMG might get their immediate attention. 800 gr projectiles at approx 2800 fps flying overhead, make one helluva report from the sonic boom. Now, you just need to locate a "friend" that likes to target shoot :gun:

David was up with his boys last summer shooting a 50bmg. I have a dead tree to prove it. :rotf: My friendly neighbors from the other end of the beach road were out fishing and mentioned it was louder than anything they'd ever heard shot up there and knew it had to be coming from me. :lol:

Randy, an unwilling participant?? Really?? I can't play games with people who mow my fuaking grass across the street from their property without justifying their shooting at me? Is that really what you just said??

There were 14 letters of objection to my swamp crossing road (forestry access permit application) and not one of them had any concern for something relating to the swamp who hadn't previously shot guns into said wetland on numerous occasions prior to my ownership. The whole damn neighborhood used to use my property for their own purposes and many have banded together to attempt to prevent me from enjoying it. It's been over 6 years, and they still can't get over it. Why can't I make fun of that fact? How the hell does it justify people shooting at me?
FJ540

Postby Randygmn on Wed May 10, 2017 10:51 am

FJ540 wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:If the POPO can't get it done for you, I believe being out there shooting you own targets, using a "friend's" 50 BMG might get their immediate attention. 800 gr projectiles at approx 2800 fps flying overhead, make one helluva report from the sonic boom. Now, you just need to locate a "friend" that likes to target shoot :gun:

David was up with his boys last summer shooting a 50bmg. I have a dead tree to prove it. :rotf: My friendly neighbors from the other end of the beach road were out fishing and mentioned it was louder than anything they'd ever heard shot up there and knew it had to be coming from me. :lol:

Randy, an unwilling participant?? Really?? I can't play games with people who mow my fuaking grass across the street from their property without justifying their shooting at me? Is that really what you just said??

There were 14 letters of objection to my swamp crossing road (forestry access permit application) and not one of them had any concern for something relating to the swamp who hadn't previously shot guns into said wetland on numerous occasions prior to my ownership. The whole damn neighborhood used to use my property for their own purposes and many have banded together to attempt to prevent me from enjoying it. It's been over 6 years, and they still can't get over it. Why can't I make fun of that fact? How the hell does it justify people shooting at me?

I don't know your neighbors. Frankly, I could not care less about them. They've proven to be "not my kind of people". The folks on this forum have proven, for the most part, to be stand up guys, from what ever limited interaction that we have, regardless of whether you and I , or others, have ever met in person. With that said, you should rethink my suggestion and the motivation in which it was offered. Without getting too corny, it shouldn't be hard to realize that I'm looking out for you. It's hard to remain objective and see clearly sometimes, when directly involved. Contributing anything that could antagonize a volatile, and as yet, unresolved situation, is never prudent. Just my .02c
Randygmn

Postby FJ540 on Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Oh, I'm with you on that. I've also been known to say that I'm waiting for certain people to expire. That doesn't imply I'm going to expedite it in any way.

As with my mother-in-law, if I really wanted her dead, she'd be dead. Same with these people. I hope they live long joyous lives - somewhere far away from me! And I'm not leaving.
FJ540

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat