Time to buy a gun in Loosiananana!!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Time to buy a gun in Loosiananana!!

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:46 pm

the sales tax is 7.5% in the State of Loosiana, and an extra 2.5% in Nawlin's. On a very few days a year, and Labor Day is one of them, there are NO sales taxes on guns! The Academy and Bass Pro Shops are gonna be absolutely nutz! :( :o :o :mrgreen:

Louisiana has Open carry with No Permit just like Wisconsin, there aren't any butthead sheriffs like in Madison, WS.

One other thing I found out, which I had assumed was like Minnezotah, and it isn't. You have a constitutional right to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle, period! :mrgreen: No permit, no hassle. The only exception is in DNR controlled hunting zones.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Time to buy a gun in Loosiananana!!

Postby Ghost on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Whatcha gunna git?
Ghost

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Nothing. The BFG Bass Pro Shop in Denham Springs, LA has a wide assortment of handguns, but a very narrow assortment of BRANDS. They have Kimber and Glock and S&W and about 5 more BIG brands in every model and color they make, but no Guncrafters, no Wilson, no EAA, no CZ, no Mag Research, and none of them BUTT-OOGLY guns that Rodentman likes! About the only thing I'm looking for is a 4.6" barrel 22 TCM MAPP with a plastic frame actually made by Tanfoglio in partnership with Rock Island Arms in the Phillipenes . Time to sell my Smith 500 and maybe my DE50 due to my arthritis.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Chunkychuck on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:49 am

Seismic Sam wrote:
Louisiana has Open carry with No Permit just like Wisconsin,

I grew up in Shreveport, LA and in the 60's I remember the Shreveport Times had a front page article and picture of a local attorney in his black suit open carrying his pearl handle revolvers in a double western style gun belt. In the article he said something to the effect that he did it from time to time just to remind people it could be done.
Chunkychuck

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:25 am

Sam, the 22 tcm is great fun to shoot, not ugly like me, and easy to reload. With the little 40g bullets it takes about 10g of H110 to send them zinging!
Rodentman

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 am

Rodentman wrote:Sam, the 22 tcm is great fun to shoot, not ugly like me, and easy to reload. With the little 40g bullets it takes about 10g of H110 to send them zinging!

Keep in mind that the MAPP isn't chambered in 22TCM .. it is chambered in 22TCM9R.

"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:11 am

OK, but doesn't the tcm9r function in the 22tcm rock island pistol?
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 am

Thank you, Squib Joe! Looks like I'm going to buy a steel RIA if I get into this caliber. Google shows ZERO handloading data, and my guess is that the round nosed 9R bullets aren't commercially available. The whole point of the 22 TCM is to be able to use standard jacketed 22 caliber rifle bullets.

FWIW, a while back I fiddled around with a wildcat cartridge called the 9x25 SSX (Seismic Sam eXpress) that could get 90 grain JHP 9mm bullets up to 2150 FPS in a 6" 9x25 Dillon barrel, and the muzzle flash and report were truly epic. :( :o :shock: :? Unfortunately, the stress on the gun and cases were a little more than I liked, and since I couldn't eclipse the S&W .460 XVR that holds the record for handgun MV, I dropped the project. FWIW, the parent brass was 6.8 SPC rifle brass, which could handle the pressure.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby linksep on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:34 am

It is my understanding that if it is chambered in TCM then it will function fine with TCM or TCM-9R (1911 & M22 Rifle).
If it is chambered in TCM-9R (MAPP, Glock Conversion Kits) then the shorter TCM-9R are the only ones to function (only ones short enough to fit in the magazines).

I believe ammosupplywarehouse.com is affiliated with (owned by?) Fred Craig (the "C" in TCM). They have brass & dies for 22 tcm, factory projectiles are as rare as hen's teeth.

Accurate powder makes "TCM" powder with load data for the armscor projectile and two other projectiles. http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-conten ... ta_TCM.pdf
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Somebody needs to make a revolver chambered in 22TCM since I can't find a S&W Model 53 at a reasonable price
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm

When I bought my 22tcm I bought a load of brass and bullets from Ammo Supply Warehouse. I no longer see the bullets on their website.
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Rodentman wrote:When I bought my 22tcm I bought a load of brass and bullets from Ammo Supply Warehouse. I no longer see the bullets on their website.

That's because ALL the bullets available wound up in a corner of your basement next to the nuts and corn that you collect before winter comes around, you greedy little rodent!! SHEESH!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm

I ordered only 2k of the bullets. Surely they had more...
Rodentman

Return to General Gun Chat