Great morning at OGC

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Great morning at OGC

Postby hard h2o on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Took my son, his friend and the friend's dad.

Both pistols chambered in rounds designed around a hundred years ago. One in 9mm Parabellum. The other in .45 ACP. One pistol hails from 1944. The other from 2016. Both are sweet shooters.

ImageIMG_2436 by tcarlson99, on Flickr
hard h2o

Great morning at OGC

Postby INOR on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Awesome! Fun taking the kids out, isn't it? I have taken my son to Burnsville Pistol Range but want to take him to OGC so he can experience the outdoor range with the RSO controlling the firing line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Great morning at OGC

Postby hard h2o on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:48 pm

It is a lot of fun.

I am working on accumulating Cabelas points to purchase either a S&W Victory or a Ruger Mark IV. Getting a bit expensive when the boys run through 100 rounds of 9mm and the same of .45 in a session.

With the boys I am the RSO. It is fun watching them shoot safely with very little prodding from me about the rules. Lately it just seems to come natural to them.

One of the comments I got on Facebook to this picture was to tell them to lean forward. I was telling them that all morning. They would take a better stance, shoot a few rounds, and then be back to there backwards lean.
hard h2o

Re: Great morning at OGC

Postby Rodentman on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:47 am

I hope I live long enough to get my grandson into shooting. I used to take my younger son but he's married now and lives in Champlin so it's tough to get together. I keep trying.
Rodentman

Return to General Gun Chat