What would this go for now?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

What would this go for now?

Postby mecra on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey all. I'm thinking about selling my AR15 simply because I don't shoot it anymore, nor do I want to since I got my PS90. It's a DD7 that I got for about 1700 several years ago, and only put less than 200 rounds through it.

https://imgur.com/a/L7pLC

I can put all the intricacies in the post if people want, but it has all that you see with about 10 mags, Midwest 12in SSLW guard, NIBX BCG, some lightweight components, lighter/crisper single stage trigger, and the EOtech combo. All in all, it would sell for $3100 new, but the question is what would it sell for used now-a-days? Or am I going to take too much of a hit and should just keep it until the next liberal president? :P Thanks all.
mecra

Re: What would this go for now?

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm

The only way to truly know would be to offer it for sale. Best to do some research on the web to get an approximate price and then put it up for sale and see where it goes. Google is your friend.....................

You are not going to get any answer at all unless you do give the specifics of the build - given the wide array and varying quality of components. Details matter.
Last edited by yukonjasper on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby goalie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

A lot less than you paid for it.

You can go to LaRue and do the "build your own rifle" thing with top shelf components for well under a grand now.

It's the salad days. I personally would wait a while and see if anything changes in the market before I sold an AR right now.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Ghost on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:53 pm

goalie wrote:A lot less than you paid for it.

You can go to LaRue and do the "build your own rifle" thing with top shelf components for well under a grand now.

It's the salad days. I personally would wait a while and see if anything changes in the market before I sold an AR right now.

Exactly this, I’d be surprised if you’d get 4 figures.

Then again I bought both the small block and big block ultimate upper kits as mentioned above from LaRue.
Ghost

Postby mecra on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 pm

I kinda figured that. Thanks for confirmation guys. I do see DD7s going for 1400-1500 on gunbroker but those are new.
mecra

Postby INOR on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Prices on everything are down right now, so I wouldn't be selling anything. I had been thinking of selling a handgun I don't shoot much, but it won't fetch crap if I do, so I'll just keep it tucked away in the safe. AR prices are lower than I ever recall seeing them. But, if we start seeing some gun control developments, would expect prices to go back up again with surge in demand.
INOR

Postby goalie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Ghost wrote:

Then again I bought both the small block and big block ultimate upper kits as mentioned above from LaRue.

You do know he's selling matching billet lowers now, right????

:mrgreen:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Ghost on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 pm

goalie wrote:
Ghost wrote:

You do know he's selling matching billet lowers now, right????

:mrgreen:

Already ordered ;)
Ghost

Return to General Gun Chat