10 news on chanel 5 tonight )25th)

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: 10 news on chanel 5 tonight )25th)

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 am

karlobag wrote:I know that letting the facts get in the way of an anti-gun story is problematic. However, I thought "the Lautenberg Amendment" banned Individuals convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence from owning a firearm. This "news" story says, "Gun owners in Minnesota denied permits to carry firearms in public because of a history of violent behavior – including domestic abuse" are then allowed, through this scary appeal process to get a permit to carry. How does that work?

Convicted of domestic abuse or assumed by a sheriff?
Holland&Holland

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

#FAKENEWS
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I would suspect channel 5 was steared to this story by Protect Minnesota. Arrested and convicted are two separate things. The file this Sheriff has on that guy may be just that, a "file". They didn't say he was convicted of everything in the file they showed. A Sheriff that is pissed that he was trumped by the law. Imagine that. Just think What life would be like if we were all judged by what some one might think we may do.
Sorcerer

Postby BigBlue on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Sorcerer wrote:A Sheriff that is pissed that he was trumped by the law.

Not sure where you were going with that. The story said the sheriff is retired and wouldn't comment for the report so it seems unlikely he leaked anything about the case and there is no indication this was "exposed out of spite".

My guess would be that someone out there has been frustrated by the subject of this story (that guy) to the point that they eventually got connected to P.M. to whine about it and they collectively gathered enough detail to bring to #5 for a story.

I do totally want to know who leaked the actual case file though and have them held to the applicable laws.

Maybe if a pro-rights group contacted #5 and presented enough facts they would consider running a follow-up showing the other side of the issue?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Like that would ever happen!
BigBlue

Postby photogpat on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:52 pm

BigBlue wrote:

Not sure where you were going with that. The story said the sheriff is retired and wouldn't comment for the report so it seems unlikely he leaked anything about the case and there is no indication this was "exposed out of spite".

My guess would be that someone out there has been frustrated by the subject of this story (that guy) to the point that they eventually got connected to P.M. to whine about it and they collectively gathered enough detail to bring to #5 for a story.

I do totally want to know who leaked the actual case file though and have them held to the applicable laws.

Maybe if a pro-rights group contacted #5 and presented enough facts they would consider running a follow-up showing the other side of the issue?

*Cough*

Already happening. https://www.facebook.com/gunownersmn/po ... 7423146417
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby wasfuzz on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Had a student contact me after he submitted his paperwork. Sheriff denied his application because of a "Domestic Violence" incident. Charges were dropped it was a "mutal combat" case and judge dropped all charges and noted in his Findings of facts, that NO violence had taken place. Sheriff had the incident on record in the in house database and denied him. After a call to an attorney I recommended - the Sheriff approved the permit, before going to court. Later check showed no record on the state database, just on the local and Sheriff (his staff) figured their research was good enough to recommend he be denied. So it does happen, how often I don't know.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby BigBlue on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:46 pm

photogpat wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

*Cough*

Already happening. https://www.facebook.com/gunownersmn/po ... 7423146417

My sarcasm was regarding KSTP running a follow-up story with the other side presented. I'm aware of the check into who leaked things.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Citiot on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Sort of related.... a couple of years back, Scott county law enforcement dispatch would regularly let the cops know on the radio if a certain address had a permit to purchase.

Kind of like this "Shakopee 123, please respond to 456 Any Street for a intoxicated male, address has a history of domestic dispute calls, and a permit to purchase."

One now knows there is likely a gun at 456 Any Street and you could do a reverse lookup and determine a person's name.. also, just case the address and go get the gun when the house is empty.

GOCRA was involved in that (I provided some recordings), but I didn't know what ever happened.

edit:typo
Citiot

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat