GANDER OUTDOORS

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: GANDER OUTDOORS

Postby mmcnx2 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Sorry, based on the politics of the owner I will never spend a time in Gander. The guys is anti-gun publicly, yet is will to sell them to profit so he can spend the profits to push his cause.

Nothing like getting your enemy to pay for your war.
mmcnx2

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 pm

I admire the purity but I can guarantee that there are hundreds of products you use on a yearly basis whose owners don't share your politics.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby mmcnx2 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 am

yukonjasper wrote:I admire the purity but I can guarantee that there are hundreds of products you use on a yearly basis whose owners don't share your politics.

Agree, but only if I don't know about it. If I'm aware a CEO has strong politic views I disagree with I don't use their product. My opinion is CEO's of public companies should stick to making money for their stockholders and get out of the social issues. If they want to voice concern over tax laws, business regulations or trade that great, they are representing their business interests, that is understandable. But when they want to use their position to push their personal views on social issues they need to keep their pie hole shut, it does not serve their stockholders.

After all,what makes some CEO's opinion any more significant than yours or mine? We just don't have the audience these attention seeking egomaniacs are granted.

Back to OUTDOORS, if he runs it like Camping World it won't last long. Camping survives because there is substantially less competition within that niche market and they provide service that is not widely available. Very few camping folks go there by choice; kind of like buying dinner at the gas station, we've all done it but very few do it because it is the best choice. I don't think he is dumb, he knows he has to get people back int he stores, and he knows their prices were an issue, so the first thing he does it drops the prices to be competitive and entice people back in.

Lets face it the real money in the sporting good industry is apparel, the margins are double digit and private labeling can make it triple digits. Guns and ammo are single digit margins and much more of a commodity. So he has a few deals on ammo or a gun, something you want, gets you back in really hopes you buy clothing or boots. Look at Cabelas or Bass Pro, apparel is front and center. Look at malls, what percentage are clothing related. OUTDOOS future will be bases on how many shirts, hats and shoes they sell not how many Glocks.
mmcnx2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:55 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I admire the purity but I can guarantee that there are hundreds of products you use on a yearly basis whose owners don't share your politics.

You guarantee it? So you have been tracking my purchases? How do you know what I purchase? Have we even met?
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:53 pm

:?
Holland&Holland wrote:

You guarantee it? So you have been tracking my purchases? How do you know what I purchase? Have we even met?
:?
Sorcerer

Postby atomic41 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Sorry, based on the politics of the owner I will never spend a time in Gander. The guys is anti-gun publicly, yet is will to sell them to profit so he can spend the profits to push his cause.

Nothing like getting your enemy to pay for your war.

Same here, no plans to shop there.
atomic41

Postby fjrdc on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Nope, not spending a dime at the goose hill redux
" Little By Little One Travels Far"
fjrdc

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat