GANDER OUTDOORS

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

GANDER OUTDOORS

Postby INOR on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 am

I'm going to check it out. Hoping they reopen the range there as I enjoyed shooting at their range. Never did any of the simulation stuff. Just the live shooting.

I don't really care about his comments. If I boycotted all businesses because I disagreed with the personal views of the owner or management, I'd probably not have too many places/companies to go or patronize. I'd have to stop using Facebook, dump all Microsoft products, give up the occasional starbucks, quit shopping on Amazon, etc. Who really gives a **** what he says? It really gets down to whether he sells a good product at a fair price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: GANDER OUTDOORS

Postby MJY65 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:47 am

INOR wrote:I don't really care about his comments. If I boycotted all businesses because I disagreed with the personal views of the owner or management, I'd probably not have too many places/companies to go or patronize. I'd have to stop using Facebook, dump all Microsoft products, give up the occasional starbucks, quit shopping on Amazon, etc. Who really gives a **** what he says?

I agree. Before someone says: "He's going to turn around and give my hard earned money to an anti-gun Democrat", think about the effort it would take to maintain that kind of spending purity. Do you know the politics of the server you just tipped at a restaurant? How about the mechanics that are getting paid at the auto shop. Of course you don't. Your money goes to a variety of causes you don't support whether you like it or not.
MJY65

Postby aprilian on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 am

I'm torn, I have a nephew working there and I want him to succeed. However, without competitive prices there is no need to go out of my way.
aprilian

Postby Ghost on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:17 am

MJY65 wrote:
INOR wrote:I don't really care about his comments. If I boycotted all businesses because I disagreed with the personal views of the owner or management, I'd probably not have too many places/companies to go or patronize. I'd have to stop using Facebook, dump all Microsoft products, give up the occasional starbucks, quit shopping on Amazon, etc. Who really gives a **** what he says?

I agree. Before someone says: "He's going to turn around and give my hard earned money to an anti-gun Democrat", think about the effort it would take to maintain that kind of spending purity. Do you know the politics of the server you just tipped at a restaurant? How about the mechanics that are getting paid at the auto shop. Of course you don't. Your money goes to a variety of causes you don't support whether you like it or not.

The difference is he actually requested people to shop somewhere else. I don't believe Microsoft has told its customers to buy Apple.

I'll go and I'll buy good deals but I'm not willing to pay a premium to make that guy more rich.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 am

MJY65 wrote:

No, but last time I checked I get to decide where I spend MY money, not you. If I choose to not shop certain places or not frequent certain auto shops, that is my call. And how do you know who I know and who's politics I know? WTF, get a clue some of us are maybe more knowledgeable than others.
Holland&Holland

GANDER OUTDOORS

Postby INOR on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am

H&H going for the 2017 curmudgeon of the year award since Seismic Sam is mostly gone from this site? :-)

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am

INOR wrote:H&H going for the 2017 curmudgeon of the year award since Seismic Sam is mostly gone from this site? :-)

I think I have it in the bag.
Holland&Holland

Postby wasfuzz on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:H&H going for the 2017 curmudgeon of the year award since Seismic Sam is mostly gone from this site? :-)

I think I have it in the bag.

MY vote is for H&H!!!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm

We could dust the poll off and run it again.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:46 am

yukonjasper wrote:We could dust the poll off and run it again.

Dust it off? That sounds like too much cleaning to me.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rodentman on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:16 am

Guess I'll need to change the name on this:

Rodentman

Postby Ghost on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:27 am

I haven't stopped in yet but that Lakeville store has a massive flag.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:32 am

Unless they change the retail pricing policy, this iteration will also fail.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Ghost wrote:I haven't stopped in yet but that Lakeville store has a massive flag.

I stopped in with my old man last Wednesday, and the flag is indeed epic. I don’t go to gun shops much, but the selection and pricing seemed ok. If I was looking for something they sold, I’d probably give them a shot.
Erud

Postby TooFewGuns on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Pricing is much better. The selection is better than I expected. I'll keep going back. They were busy, which isn't surprising for Lakeville. Hell, they ammo prices were better than Fleet Farm. I'm not thrilled with the pricing or selection after the Mills family moved on.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat