Gun Broker - Crazy Seller

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gun Broker - Crazy Seller

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 am

Seller finally got the hint. After 3 auctions that never met reserve, he finally posted it with a minimum bid amount. Interesting the minimum is $50 more than the high bid on the first auction.
mmcnx2

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 am

Oye!
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Seller finally got the hint. After 3 auctions that never met reserve, he finally posted it with a minimum bid amount. Interesting the minimum is $50 more than the high bid on the first auction.

Well now you know what he is willing to let it go for. Free market.
Holland&Holland

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:Seller finally got the hint. After 3 auctions that never met reserve, he finally posted it with a minimum bid amount. Interesting the minimum is $50 more than the high bid on the first auction.

Well now you know what he is willing to let it go for. Free market.

For something that has been listed for weeks and high bid was $950 it just seems like strange a seller would hold out for $50. He's over my price point but I'm watching it just to see what happens.
mmcnx2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 pm

People have done stranger things.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:08 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:For something that has been listed for weeks and high bid was $950 it just seems like strange a seller would hold out for $50. He's over my price point but I'm watching it just to see what happens.

Based on your comments I imagine you are thinking that he really wants to sell it. Not everyone does. Sometimes people advertise things for what others consider a high price because they could care less whether they sell it or not but figure they'll give it a try for a price that will be enough to sway them. If the market changes enough or if a buyer comes along that wants it enough to meet the seller's high price then everyone will be happy. And if it doesn't sell then everyone is still happy. Well, not the buyers looking for a deal, but they apparently don't want it any more than he wants to sell it, so still...
BigBlue

Postby Erud on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 am

BigBlue wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:For something that has been listed for weeks and high bid was $950 it just seems like strange a seller would hold out for $50. He's over my price point but I'm watching it just to see what happens.

Based on your comments I imagine you are thinking that he really wants to sell it. Not everyone does. Sometimes people advertise things for what others consider a high price because they could care less whether they sell it or not but figure they'll give it a try for a price that will be enough to sway them. If the market changes enough or if a buyer comes along that wants it enough to meet the seller's high price then everyone will be happy. And if it doesn't sell then everyone is still happy. Well, not the buyers looking for a deal, but they apparently don't want it any more than he wants to sell it, so still...

Exactly. Not every firearm is offered for sale because the mortgage is 3 months late and the wolf is at the door. He may just be unloading things he doesn't use, and is in no hurry to move it.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am

Or he like to sell his items at the absolute top of the market and is willing to wait, or he wants it listed in case a gun buying panic ensues and wants in on the ground floor of that, or used to shop at gander and feels hi-points are worth $500, or told his wife he would sell some guns and now can tell her they will not move due to a soft market...

I can keep going :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Well something happened because he pulled the item today with no bids on it.
mmcnx2

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Well something happened because he pulled the item today with no bids on it.

He read this thread and felt bad about his completely irrational behavior.
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 pm

BigBlue wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:Well something happened because he pulled the item today with no bids on it.

Member here?
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Ghost wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

Member here?

Sarcasm...
BigBlue

Postby Amazi on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:40 am

I see it all over even on here.
Even if i wanted whatever they were selling but soon as I see testing waters, lack of info on what they are selling, the lack of accurate pics of whatever they are selling or throw me your offers. I don't even bother if they want to play games let em. Sometimes it's easier just to pay full retail and not deal with people selling there junk regardless what it is.
But iv also got some damn good deals on stuff like the other day I got a new open box Honda ice auger. For 175 less then what it could be bought even online.
Amazi

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 am

BigBlue wrote:
Ghost wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

Member here?

Sarcasm...

Joke...
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:52 am

Ghost wrote:
BigBlue wrote:
Ghost wrote:Sarcasm...

Joke...

Touché...
BigBlue