Gun Broker - Crazy Seller

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gun Broker - Crazy Seller

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 am

Amazi wrote:I see it all over even on here.
Even if i wanted whatever they were selling but soon as I see testing waters, lack of info on what they are selling, the lack of accurate pics of whatever they are selling or throw me your offers. I don't even bother if they want to play games let em. Sometimes it's easier just to pay full retail and not deal with people selling there junk regardless what it is.
But iv also got some damn good deals on stuff like the other day I got a new open box Honda ice auger. For 175 less then what it could be bought even online.

So it worked out well, people selling things for a price they are willing to let it go for? Or not? Confused.
Holland&Holland

Postby Amazi on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 am

I don't think it's to hard to understand what I wrote....

I'll sum it up, 90%+ of what I see for sale that I'm interested in is a joke. Ether they never reply, they want to play games like send me offers, horrible info, takes them a few days to reply.

Selling is worse I usually just throw it away or put it in the attic.
Amazi

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 am

Amazi wrote:I don't think it's to hard to understand what I wrote....

I'll sum it up, 90%+ of what I see for sale that I'm interested in is a joke. Ether they never reply, they want to play games like send me offers, horrible info, takes them a few days to reply.

Selling is worse I usually just throw it away or put it in the attic.

I don't think YOU understand what you wrote. It is a free market and that goes both ways ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Amazi on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 am

I understand perfectly what I wrote...
Amazi

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 pm

I think your summation falls under something my father used to say very often. When dealing with people he found 50% of them where as dumb as stones. Many times that is the problem, not someone trying to scam you etc. They take the pic, ok its a little fuzzy but not going to dig it out again as the buyer should know what they look like. I'm too lazy to shop around and see what they are selling for, I'll just "test the waters". I work 12 hour days so i don't check my emails every day and hardly ever check my spam folder to see if i missed one. I would like to get $500 but I really need some cash send me an offer etc etc etc.

Saw a Volquartsen 17HMR for $1600. They sell new for 12. Sent email. Took the guy 4 days to respond because he was dealing with a surprise divorce and needed the money. Was also in a rush writing his ad and forgot to mention it included 8000 rounds of ammo, hard case and shipping to and from FFL. offered $1200 and he said he would take it if i could get the money in the mail priority and he would pay for middle man to show he wasnt scamming me. Total was $1207 and best purchase and favorite rifle.

Turned out he sent his invoice that showed he purchased 8000 rounds with the rifle and there was one 50 round box missing from the 8000 and the rifle had no wear at all.
Last edited by LarryFlew on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Amazi wrote:I understand perfectly what I wrote...

Well coulda fooled me
Holland&Holland

Postby Amazi on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Amazi wrote:I understand perfectly what I wrote...

Well coulda fooled me

Old people..
Amazi

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 am

Amazi wrote:Old people..

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat