Modern Sportsman opening a Range in Burnsville

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Modern Sportsman opening a Range in Burnsville

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Virtual range is kind of interesting. I could see doing that again.
- Tried couple of games only, there were a bunch of options. The game I found more interesting had a bit of a slow pace and I did not see an option to speed it up.
- System started to give misreads a bit once we put a bunch of holes into the white paper background, giving incorrect readings. Instead of asking for a new sheet of paper, we moved on.
- Bay with the projector did not have good light, so seeing the FO front sight was challenging. Very similar to what I experienced in Gander Mountain when they had the virtual range.
gun_fan111v2

Re: Modern Sportsman opening a Range in Burnsville

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 pm

We invested in a virtual trap training system for our hs trap team this year. Verdict is still out on it but it is pretty dang cool. Set it up in the back room of our local bar/restaurant. Awesome to tell people I am going to the bar with kids and guns. :D
Holland&Holland

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:We invested in a virtual trap training system for our hs trap team this year. Verdict is still out on it but it is pretty dang cool. Set it up in the back room of our local bar/restaurant. Awesome to tell people I am going to the bar with kids and guns. :D

Sounds Awesome. Do you know who makes it?
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Jack's My dog wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:We invested in a virtual trap training system for our hs trap team this year. Verdict is still out on it but it is pretty dang cool. Set it up in the back room of our local bar/restaurant. Awesome to tell people I am going to the bar with kids and guns. :D

Dry fire.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jack's My dog on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:

Dry fire.

Not cheap, but not cost prohibitive either. I think I need to see if I can fit this in my house.
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Dry fire.[/quote]

Not cheap, but not cost prohibitive either. I think I need to see if I can fit this in my house.[/quote]
You can do it in a 10x10 space ;)
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat